Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Season 1

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After working on masonry tech, brewing sounds like a sound option. Alcohol should lift the spirits, right? +M
This.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
shashlik from kalins corpse

Why does this sound so good?

:philosoraptor:

After working on masonry tech, brewing sounds like a sound option. Alcohol should lift the spirits, right? +M

There are several technical issues with brewing process itself, but it's not even important. The true pain is research potential of the current team. Grimwulf and Kalin are, how do I put it? They are men of guts, not wits. Incapable of research. While Azira's research skill is 4, and the guy isn't interested at getting better at it. In fact, he's not interested in anything, except maybe a bit of shooting and engineering. His only only true passion is alcohol.

Anyway, researching a simple and essential tech like Stonecutting will take ridiculous amount of time (300 research points needed). Can't tell how long exactly, coz Azira needs to eat, sleep and lay on ground doing nothing from time to time. Brewing will take longer (700 research points). If the team insists, we're gonna do it regardless, but let's deal with Stonecutting first, and hope that nothing happens in the meantime. No more mech raep squads, or berserker colonists, or food poisoning from shashlik, or Randy Random's tough love.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Alcohol will keep you warm in winter. While you huddle together because you didn't know how to make a stone dwelling to shield you from the elements

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Thought Grimwulf would kill us all there for a moment! Gotta love how he gets lower reaction for being disfigured. :lol:

M4x2R02.gif

Pay five bucks,

To see the dancing freak.

Only five bucks,

To see the dancing freak!

Just five bucks!!

I'll give you a show!!

I'll give you a goddamned show!!

By the way, how to get more grunts? Need more manpower to dig all that shit. :M

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
By the way, how to get more grunts? Need more manpower to dig all that shit. :M

Plenty of ways to do it, but none of them are availiable right now. As our glorious Kolony will live and prosper, I'll get into further details. For now we just wait for random events and pray they bring us new recruits.

Oh, yeah. I know I'm repeating myself for the third time, but I have no way to change/roll new arrivals. Depending on Random's mood and Codex Hivemind, new colonists might make the situation worse, not better.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
3rd of Fall, 5500

lW0ir7U.png
WAKEY WAKEY!

xmL7DMV.png
Waa..? Fucking hell, Grimwulf. I hope you choke on that meat.

uXREsR2.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
As Soviet people often say, you can rest after you die. Right now though, the working day begins! AAAAZIIIIIRRAAAAAAAAAAHH!

LEqIuDq.jpg
*grumbles to himself* Did you really think I'm sleeping? Yeah, I'd look at you sleep in this freezer.

P7vtgR9.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Where is that doctor Mengele? Oh, there you are!

fCXFDUe.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Good morning.

xmL7DMV.png
Nothing good about it. Grimwulf snores and mumbles something incoherent when he sleeps. I can't take it anymore.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Come on, guys. We are almost a family at this point. We nearly killed each other on multiple occasions using knives, fists, shashlik, and dirty socks. But we're still here, right? That counts for something.

lW0ir7U.png
That's deep, Azira. Well said.

5h7tHdA.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
I found this crate of walkie-talkies this morning. They seem to be intact.

lW0ir7U.png
Awright, great. Everybody grab one and go to your working places. Come on, chop-chop.

xmL7DMV.png
I want to sleep. My whole body hurts from all that digging and fighting.

lW0ir7U.png
We must all sacrifice something, Kalin. Get up. Today's schedule: Azira draws his schemes; I make more shashlik; Kalin digs the tunnel.

xmL7DMV.png
... I will literally kill you one day.

lW0ir7U.png
From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs. I didn't make the rules, Kalin. Karl Marx did.

VC5mUEb.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!:x

Later that day.

FqkUPQB.jpg
*psshhht* Hello? Can anybody hear me? Please respond. Unless you are a damn nazi, then shut the fuck up. Over.

lW0ir7U.png
*Clears throat* AAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHEMRHRHRHM, this is Red General Grimwulf speaking, Supreme Commander of Codex Labour Army. Identify yourself and state your business. Over.

mmI0IcD.jpg

FqkUPQB.jpg
I have a crazy German chasing me. I repeat, A GERMAN IS CHASING ME! Normally I would kick his ass and make a trenchcoat out of it, but right now I am unarmed, and he sports a handgun.

lW0ir7U.png
Our place is well-fortified, and is crawling with veteran space marines. You may come over, but no funny stuff. Our, errm, snipers will be watching. What's your name?

FqkUPQB.jpg
Just call me... Humble Servant.

lW0ir7U.png
Ooookaaay. That's not weird at all. Waiting for your arrival, Servant.

YSpawHF.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
*Panting* How did I manage to drag myself into this? *huff puff* That nazi scum won't get me, I won't have it!

I9873eN.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
*pssshhht* Almost forgot. Servant?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Listening.

lW0ir7U.png
Watch out for centipedes.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
For wh-- HOLY MOTHER OF NATIONS

B3q00k8.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Yeah, them. Don't ask.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Well, that solves my nazi problem.

lW0ir7U.png
I doubt that, comrade. The mechos are pretty passive, unless you attack them yourself. And nobody's that stupid.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
You don't know the guy who's chasing me.

VJSUbDw.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Well then. Let's honour the crazy with a minute of silence.

VooApqj.jpg

kiJcJaY.jpg

cycv4bg.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
*Knocks*

lW0ir7U.png
Come in! Make yourself comfortable, build a bed.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Just like in Mortherland.

0EPODQi.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
I'm Grimwulf, the guy you were talking to. I run this place in communistic fashion. We also have Azira - pilot, doctor, and a sir. And Kalin, the errand boy with no useful skills.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
My name is not important. I serve the Motherland.

TIButIr.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Then you are in luck, comrade! This place is the closest thing to Motherland you will find in this dumpster of a planet. Welcome home. Have some shashlik and tell me more about yourself.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Not much to tell. As a child I've been filmed in propagan-- err, ideological movies.

r1wTcZY.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Then... I... Was on a Mission. Details are classified.

5WuG3g0.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
My Mission was accomplished not so long ago, so I can stick with you for some time.

lW0ir7U.png
I see you're wearing the same cryosleep apparel as all of us. Crash-landed on the same ship?

WfJg7at.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Huh? Is that some kind of humour? I'm in a full Conscript suit, and proud of it.

lW0ir7U.png
... Riiiiight. I see you have a... special... vision of... things. You'll fit right in.

YKYUuQV.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Anyway, my ship crashed here long before yours. That makes me a man with experience, and you - someone who should listen and learn.

WYEXenF.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
And I LOVE heavy labour.

A8Z5dpZ.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
That's great. We need a lot of hauling to do. Are you up for it?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
No.

lW0ir7U.png
I like you already. You are a mighty fine man, Servant. Yes... a fine man.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Umm. You have a weird look in your eye,

HkHZoXc.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Don't worry, I'm just evaluating your, hm, usefulness. Some more shashlik? You really need to gain some weight.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Speaking of weight. You hear those distant explosions? Must be that fat nazi, still fighting for his life.

6YBJfeu.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Who was he anyway? What's the deal with you two?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Manbear.

f0sAnqR.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
So. Let me get it straight. MANBEAR, fat old German in pink pants and cowboy hat, was chasing you, HUMBLE SERVANT, because... why?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
The same reason he attacked giant mechos with a handgun.

eumjiJ5.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
He should be dead by now. I'd rather not talk about it anymore, if you don't mind.

zaWjOFK.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Horosho. I still have to check on his corpse, though. Make sure he's dead and maybe loot whatever valuables he had. For the sake of working class. Do me a favor, and take care of shashlik. Plenty of raw venison needs some love.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Aye, I'll do the cooking until you get back.

NhVLU27.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Going somewhere, Grim?

lW0ir7U.png
Long story. We have a new guy hanging in the hideout, go talk to him. He seems decent enough, just, err... Don't ask about his clothing, ok?

Well, what do you know! Crazy comrade wasn't joking, a demented old MANBEAR actually fought those centipedes.

reQhTAT.jpg

When he mentioned "Conscript suit", I thought he's a little bit cookoo, and those centipedes were actually blowing up space deers, not manbears. Nope. I was wrong.

The guy died before I even got close. Looted a shoddy handgun from his body. The cowboy hat was sadly beyond any help. His tatters seem to be warm, though.

HKm7Uey.jpg

Looks like it was a parka long time ago. Also found some food and... pink latex pants? Nope! Not touching these.

lW0ir7U.png
Things are looking up!

BOOOOOOM

1ym8gUQ.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
WOOOHOOO *runs screaming like a madman*

GUUXMKR.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Too close! *panting* Way too close!

A bit later.

lW0ir7U.png
I'm sad to inform you that your friend is dead.

McbpTIn.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Good riddance. GLORY BE!

lW0ir7U.png
So, you had a chance to chat with Azira? You two get along?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
As long as he's not German or anti-infantry gun, he's good in my book.

lW0ir7U.png
Awright. Now I need you to help the other guy, Kalin, with digging a tunnel.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
On it, Comrade Comissar. I live to serve.

lW0ir7U.png
You bring a tear to my eye. Kalin can learn a lot from you.

He managed to roast all venison while I was away. Now that's productivity! Gotta get more meat.

RqBuiEO.jpg

If only we had more men like Servant, this place would be so much better. I only wish he was a bit... thicker. Winter is coming, after all.

wFNMk4f.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
*Psssshhht* Red Base to Pigtails. Red Base to Pigtails. Do you copy? Over.

xmL7DMV.png
I hate you so much. Over.

lW0ir7U.png
We have a new recruit! More details later, but he's cool. Sent him over to help you with tunnel. He will dig from another end.

xmL7DMV.png

lW0ir7U.png
So never again say that I don't care about my subordinates! Over and out.

xmL7DMV.png
H-help? You sent somebody to HELP? NOW?! FUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUU

cCHTUvt.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
*Inhales fresh air* Life is great, Azira.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Grimwulf. Why are you lying in the mud?

2rflPdF.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Makes me think of Motherland. I can literally smell it. Can you smell it?

LEqIuDq.jpg
I... need to research, Grim.

Later that evening.

xmL7DMV.png
"SENT OVER SOME HELP" MY ASS! WHERE ARE YOU, FUCKER?! I've digged the whole fucking thing myself!!

CJNAF9u.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Hey, Servant. Back already?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
I found the tunnel you were talking about, but was too hungry to dig.

lW0ir7U.png
That's ok. Have some shashlik.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
So. I figured you weren't serious about snipers, but... where are your defenses?

uJCeEES.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Eh. Centipedes don't bother us as long as we keep our distance.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
No, I mean defenses against pirates.

lW0ir7U.png
Oh, them! I was just thinking of what to do with pirates, but we must take care of crusaders first. And then there's always a threat of the Old Ones. If they awaken...

CEDDJ4G.jpg
You think I'm joking?

lW0ir7U.png
I think you're stressed out. It's ok, we've all been there.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
What do you know about this planet?

lW0ir7U.png
It sucks. But there's nobody else here, except for us. And, well, your Manbear, wherever you found him.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
*sigh* You ARE clueless, after all. Don't you know what kind of place is this? How did you even crash landed here?

lW0ir7U.png
Beats me. Still suffering from cryosleep amnesia.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Dammit. I'll save the stories for another time. What you SHOULD know right now is that we are not alone here, far from it. And your landing was noticed, have no doubts about it. They will find you sooner or later, and you'd better be prepared.

lW0ir7U.png
What are you blabbering about, comrade?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
There are five major factions on this planet.

xsI7iNV.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Three of them are so-called Outlander Towns.

lHWSZOJ.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
People living in these places are survivors. Distrustful, but not initially hostile. It will be hard to become their friends, but maybe we could establish some trading. Especially since they are not too far away. District-at-the-cliff is the closest to us.

qHrJE17.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Friendship's Mesa and Honesty's Cave are a bit further, but within caravan's reach.

1xhVWiv.jpg

P91L1EM.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Then we have a tribe of Germans.

avzprOF.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Germans?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Well, crazies. They are not in the talking mood normally. I recommend extermination with extreme prejudice. They are located far away to the east.

No9c8lm.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Finally, we have the pirates. The most dangerous of the lot.

VNVLEXW.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Although their base is extrmely far away to the south, you can encounter raiding bands all over the fucking continent.

hGGaxX5.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
If you plan to survive longer than a few days, I suggest you do something about defenses. Like, yesterday.

Later that night.

stzWKEk.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Don't give me that tired face, Kalin. Come on, look alive! We have work to do!

xmL7DMV.png
I've been digging granite the entire day, while all of you were busy with NOTHING! And now you make me haul steel?

lW0ir7U.png
Don't be so dramatic - look, I'm helping! Catch up!

xmL7DMV.png
Goddamn you. :negative:

lW0ir7U.png
Awright, we're here. Let's talk it all over again, make sure we have everything planned ahead.

xmL7DMV.png
Whatever gets me a break from all that labour nonsense.

lW0ir7U.png
*Psshhht* Azira, Servant, do you copy?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Loud and clear, Comrade Comissar.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I'm with you, men.

lW0ir7U.png
Right. First thing first - The Wall.

UUHVdBg.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Not much you can do with its configuration without losing on territory. I say we do it like that, the initial plan. Simple and effective.

xmL7DMV.png
We need a place to rest. AT LEAST I DO!

lW0ir7U.png
This hut will do for the time being.

SREOHTY.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
It's very tight there. Most of you people aren't known for your, ahem, patience.

xmL7DMV.png
Building new houses should be the priority. Or a single house with private rooms.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Will be a bit harder to heat separate rooms or houses. Maybe we can figure out a ventilation solution, hmm.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
What in Great Sickle's name are you talking about? The Wall should be our priority! The wall and defenses!

lW0ir7U.png
Men, no point in arguing about that right now. We have no building materials for any of that. How's the research going, Azira?

LEqIuDq.jpg
If you give me another day of silence and privacy, I might be able to finish it. I might.

1ZQ2DFm.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Good news. Meanwhile we focus on what we can do with what we have. Fixing that house will be doable.

xmL7DMV.png
Barely enough space to throw our beds, not nearly enough to store stuff. We can't keep food, meds or valuables outside.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I agree, it will deteriorate. We need a storage of sorts.

lW0ir7U.png
Then we gather some wood and do something like this:

EKAvULJ.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
And when we need more space, we simply dig it.

pSqQUDq.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
Say "dig" again, I double dare you!

lW0ir7U.png
Stay calm and keep hauling, Kalin. Just throw all building materials in this heap.

iB7SciH.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
We have plenty of iron for several projects. Not enough manpower, though. Azira is busy with research, and I must hunt and make shashlik. That leaves Kalin and Servant to do the building, digging and hauling.

LEqIuDq.jpg
What do we start with? I suggest tailoring table. Kalin is skillful enough to make warm clothing from deer hides.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Are you utterly mad, doctor? We MUST focus on our defenses! First and foremost, we need turrets. And turrets need power!

xmL7DMV.png
How do you suggest to obtain power, you genius?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Engineering is my old-time hobby. I can think of several options. First thing that comes to mind is a standard fueled generator.

Ntec5e8.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Which isn't an option for us. It requires, well, fuel. And wood is hard to come by in tundra. Sure, in the future you can bother with growing trees or assemble such a generator as a backup system, but right now it won't do any good.

lW0ir7U.png
Go on. We're listening.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Let's see... There is always a solar generator. Simple. Reliable.

qxPmp5k.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
During daylight it will output 1700 W. During nighttime the output will be zero.

lW0ir7U.png
And if we need turrets at night?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
We can solve this problem by assembling several batteries. They will store power during days, so that it would power up our systems during nights. However, the problem is placement. Solar generators should be placed away from buildings and mountains - basically from any kind of shadows.

5UsHLam.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Shadows are moving according to the sun's position. Might be diffuclt to find a spot that is lit during the entire day. And that we don't need for building purposes.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
The spot must be safe too. Generators of any kind are very resource-demanding, we can't afford to lose them.

xmL7DMV.png
Any other options?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Pretty sure I can make a wind turbine.

wzMK3Tt.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Depending on weather, the output can reach as high as 3000 W. But if there is no wind, it drops down to zero.

lW0ir7U.png
I suppose you can't build a nuclear reactor or smth more advanced?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
No.

lW0ir7U.png
Then what would you recommend?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Both wind turbine and solar generator have their own pros and cons. They require roughly the same amount of materials. Solar generators demand a fitting spot. Wind turbines can be placed anywhere, but they need a huge amount of space.

xcFiZD2.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
If they are blocked by anything, including walls, trees or roofs - they simply won't work. Mountain roofs also apply. You can't place a wind turbine in a cavern or tunnel.

xmL7DMV.png
Complicated.

lW0ir7U.png
Yeah, makes you think. Let's head back to the hideout, Kalin. No point in standing here doing nothing.

YWfqrvU.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
What's that thing falling down?

lW0ir7U.png
A spacecraft chunk!

mrxxPjR.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Very fortunate. To assemble generators, batteries and turrets I will need a lot of components. We can salvage them from those chunks.

hMY9SZz.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
So let's decide the plan for tomorrow.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
If we focus on defenses, I recommend two generators of any kind you prefer, connected to at least two batteries to store power. I can begin constructing turrets afterwards.

xmL7DMV.png
I'd rather just focus on tailoring. I'm sick tired of doing all the hard work for you bastards. Besides, we need warm clothes.

lW0ir7U.png
Who's going to haul our stuff to the new base then? Who will fix the house, build a storage, move the beds?

xmL7DMV.png
Do it yourself!

lW0ir7U.png
We'll run out of food in an instant. Servant can cook too, but that means no generators and turrets for us.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Don't know, Grim. Aren't you all dramatizing the whole deal? How soon can the pirates arrive anyway? We probalby have days, or seasons even. And how bad can it be? We have firearms and experience.

xmL7DMV.png
And murderous centipedes. Turrets can wait, I say. Now, if you excuse me, I want to drop on my bed and die.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Yes, it's been a tough day for all of us. We all deserved some rest.

g1ymyxm.png

tLRyjmw.jpg

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, I guess if food's in bad shape sort that out first. Then solar generators and then some defenses.

another dope update. games seems well interesting. what's the deal with the game's state, as far as being alpha goes; wait for it or should I just get into it as is?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Since I have no meta knowledge with this game regarding '"how soon do enemies arrive", I am going to be silent. While sabotaging the thread would be the 'dex way, I am at least waiting until I appear in flesh.

Also, late but I couldn't resist:
lW0ir7U.png
Suka. *chop* Suka! *chop* Blyad!!! *chop*
"Commissar Grimwulf entered a fey mood. This bed is of the highest quality. The mural depicts "Champion the Warg", hero of the fatherland, defeating the enemies of the revolution by deflecting bullets back at them, only using his body. His is wielding the flag of the glorious Kodex Kommunistic Kolony." :salute:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
another dope update. games seems well interesting. what's the deal with the game's state, as far as being alpha goes; wait for it or should I just get into it as is?

It might suffer the same fate as DF, remaining in permanent alpha, yet full of content. It's stable, fun and challenging at high difficulties. A lot depends on starting team and location, of course. Unlike DF, the game isn't free, so I can't say it's 100% worth a shot. But if you're into games like this (survival builders), it's totally up your alley.

Plenty of mods out there in case you wish to alter vanilla experience. I'm not using any of them in LP, but still.

MZeta

Scholar
I'll find your lack of freshly dug & filled graves disturbing. Despite disastrous start, you seem to handle things well.
Anyway, glory to the first man to die!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Kalin has pigtails. :M

I vote for wall first, to remove the possibility of surprise buttsecks. Then generator/turrets near the chokepoint. Solar seems to require slightly less space, but it is worrisome that we then also need batteries to last us through the night.
Therefore, I'm more for wind turbines.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Most important matter of business is that I should get Dayya's snazzy conscript armour because 1) I'm the close combat space cop and 2) he's a frickin nudist perv and will be more productive if his "needs" are met!

(Also: if he freezes to death in winter that's a lot of free shashlik)

Edit: fuck misread that, well I still want his rags!

It might suffer the same fate as DF, remaining in permanent alpha, yet full of content. It's stable, fun and challenging at high difficulties. A lot depends on starting team and location, of course. Unlike DF, the game isn't free, so I can't say it's 100% worth a shot. But if you're into games like this (survival builders), it's totally up your alley.

zero experience playing this type of game, but I always enjoy reading threads like this about them. setting and theme makes this attractive to me (more so than others of the type), but the price tag and perpetual alpha is slightly off-putting.

maybe one rainy day I'll pick it up.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I vote for wall first, to remove the possibility of surprise buttsecks.

We're still waiting for you to show us how to cut stone blocks, so Teh Wall will have to wait. We could make a wall of steel, but that's just wasteful. Right now we have 3 people (Grimwulf, Kalin, Servant) and 4 tasks at hand, each man can only handle 1. You have to finish researching and can't be disturbed.

The four tasks are:
1. Hauling our stuff to the new base and making it suitable for living. Fixing a hut, building a storage, moving beds, etc.
2. Crafting tailoring bench and making some warm clothes from all those deer hides. The nights are pretty cold already.
3. Assembling power generators and turrets. None of it requires stone blocks, only steel and components - we have plenty.
4. Managing food situation. Hunting, butchering, cooking.

So once again, we can only do three. One of those tasks has to be left for later.

Then generator/turrets near the chokepoint.

Placing generators near chokepoint has a downside - they might be vulnerable in case of enemy breaching.

On the other hand, generators near chokepoint won't interfere with our building plans.

Solar seems to require slightly less space, but it is worrisome that we then also need batteries to last us through the night.
Therefore, I'm more for wind turbines.

:salute: Wind turbines require batteries too, though. Otherwise we'll be out of power every time the wind stops.

Most important matter of business is that I should get Dayya's snazzy conscript armour because 1) I'm the close combat space cop and 2) he's a frickin nudist perv and will be more productive if his "needs" are met!

You wear the same syththread shirt and pants. He has a jacket, though. My inner Freud tells me that he's not really a nudist - he just feels like he's wearing a conscript suit. It's easier to imagine when you don't have any distracting clothes on you.

So yeah, you can have the jacket. Just snatch it away while Day sleeps and don't mention it when he wakes up.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Of the four tasks you've lined up, I'd put number 3 at the lowest priority... :M

Warmth, food and living place ought to be higher on the list than snazzy power generation. +M

SmartCheetah

Arcane
IMO if you lack colonists to recruit fellow Codexers(It might take a loooong while, especially with stubborn prisoners), you should enable the console and basicly cheat a few in with "wanderer event" or "chase event"(so it won't feel that cheap)
All in all, they are random and you might as well get some useless prick. Not mentioning that it will increase difficulty of dem raids and stuff.

Oh, and count me in. Call him/her "Cheetah" and use my current avatar or some sexy chick :D

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Crafting and hauling seems to be top priority!

Mostly because I'm the crafter, so I won't have to haul dat sheit.

Ashery

Prophet
You owe me $30, Grim.

As for non-character input, tailoring should be the lowest priority. It both uses a significant amount of material, and the main tailoring bench requires power; you only work at 40% speed without.

And for power, go with the easy compromise: One of each.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom