Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Season 1

Bliblablubb

Arcane
One year later and he is back! Narrowly beaten by Grimoire, but good to finally have you back comrade. :salute:

Great, now I have to re-read the whole epos at least 7 times to remember what the fuck was going on with whom. I only vaguely remember anal candles, a worm babbie and an unhealthy lack of potatojuice.

If additonal crew is needed: my ancient application is still valid. Just, please don't make me a were-deer.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Huh that last bit, i admit i lost track of this when i went overseas for a month how it got from starvation to deer hordes..... i volunteer if you get that low on the list of names.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Grab some mods Grimwulf. And remember to count me in again :D

Also, maybe tropical or desert this time around?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Can we have mods in?
Grab some mods Grimwulf.

There will be mods all right. Over a hundred of them. We shall avoid buggy and cheaty ones (quantum floors, portable power generator, recon & discovery, vehichels, etc).

We shall also avoid out-of-place mods, albeit some of them are cool. E.g., Zombieland mod creates a unique zombie Rimworld experience, but it also breaks lots of crucial game parts. Trade caravans won't reach you, raiders will die before gettin' close to your base, you get the drill. It's fun, though.

Finally, some mods will be ignored out of plain compatibility issues. Aye, I did my homework: testing, experimenting, drinkin

More mod talk later, once I get Season 2 started.

Great, now I have to re-read the whole epos at least 7 times to remember what the fuck was going on with whom.
Huh that last bit, i admit i lost track of this when i went overseas for a month how it got from starvation to deer hordes.....

No need for re-reading or trying to make sence of that last update. That was pure flavor text to give me an excuse for a fresh new start.

This LP started when Rimworld was Alpha 13. Then one day I woke up sober, and what did I see? Alpha 17 updatel! Along with hundreds of great mods.

Also, maybe tropical or desert this time around?

We shall probably do a lot of travelling this time. Probably. Roads and rivers, men - that's what A17 is all about.

'Sup Grim, where you been?

Trust me, you don't want to know.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
So I'm assuming that you got fired from your government or whatever job that was the reason for the departure?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
JarlFrank has kindly approved posting a new thread, which will happen tomorrow. Still waiting for Kalin and Dreaad to show up. Meanwhile, a few things worth mentioning.

Everybody is free to sign up for glorious labor and unavoidable death in KKK. However, I still got The Red List - people who signed up ages ago. This Red List will be imported to the new thread in respective order with each volunteer given the "unconfirmed" status. In order to confirm your will to become a kommunist, you gotta - guess what - post your confirmation, you dimwit. Jesus.

Only confirmed recruits will be accepted. Everyone who posted after the last update is auto-confirmed.

You are free to choose your nickname and avatar, probably some personal character traits for rp flavor. You are also free to change them at any time before you step into the actual game.

Hope it's clear enough.

Now, mods. A complete mod list will be posted in the new thread, but we got a few peculiar ones of which I am not so sure about. Let's see what komrades think.

First, there is the Leadership and Teaching mod. Good stuff. KKK needs a leader, so we have two options:
1. Psychology mod triggers an election after a couple in-game months. Colonists vote and choose the leader, while the player has no impact on the process. This is sad and wrong. We could end up under leadership of soome deer-lovin' Dreaad. Fortunately, leader feature is optional in this great mod.
2. Leadership and Teaching lets you choose liberul democracy or GLORIOUS DICTATORSHIP that lets the player appoint the leader himself. And if that wasn't enough, the leader gets an ability to gather his subordinates together and teach them skillz. It's surprisingly satisfying and balanced, but unfortunately broken. You realize the broken part once a raiding party arrives. Imagine dem pirates raiding your colony, guns blazing, but suddenly - LESSON TIME - everybody drops their weapons, RAIDERS INCLUDED, and come listen to old Grimwulf's stories of how to proper punch deer in the face. Once the lesson is over, people start killin' each other again. Free education, men - can't pass on that.

Of course there are ways to deal with that. Lessons can be cancelled during raids, or not being held in the first place. Just, you know. Sorta need an approval on this one.

Another pair of mods is even more complicated. RED ARMY and WEHRMACHT mods. The pros are self-explanatory, just look at dis shit:

14DC78E66B8BB24A6CD74C110D0F97AF53BDB5E2

3A03C3BAAF187368AB8C8EB69DD5A095C3F35D93

Imagine the sheer fun of having those factions in yer KKK game. However, everything good comes at a price:
- Red Army sometimes sports missing textures of weapons and apparel. Although some of my games worked just fine with this mod. It's probably a conflict with some other mod, but I just cannot pinpoint which one.
- Wehrmacht has ammuntion issues when it comes to some weapons.
- All new-faction-mods have a common weak spot - compatibility with Combat Extended. We're definitely gonna use Combat Extended (combat overhaul mod - intensifies Rimworld combat, increasing mortality, also has optional ammunition option - we're gonna use it as well). Now, there is a FAN-MADE compatibility patch for both Red Army and Wehrmacht mods, which SEEMS to work fine, but I haven't tested it thoroughly. There might be unforseen consequences.
- Weights of weapons and apparel is way too light. Again, it will affect the balance somewhat, coz Combat Extended is sensitive to those kind of things (encumbrance affects walking and working speed).

All in all, nothing game-breaking, but in all honesty - I usually play SP games without those two, for extra smoothness.

OKAY, so what is the Hivemind's will?
1. Leadership and Teaching - YAY or NAY?
2. Red Army - DA or NET?
3. Wehrmacht - JA or NEIN?

So I'm assuming that you got fired from your government or whatever job that was the reason for the departure?

Actually, I'm still running muh department in orderly kommie fashion. Things stabilized recently, that's all. Subordinates became organized and loyal, superiors trust my opinion and don't question my methods, blada-blada, boring stuff.

Bottom line, I have plenty of free time now. Even weekends! Sometimes. Thought I might as well resume the KKK saga, it's not like I got anything better to do.

I just missed Codex.

:negative:

Goddamn you secretly-liberul-bastards

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Leadership and Teaching. - Yea
Red Army - Da of course Komrade
Wehrmacht - Ja

Good to hear about your job going smoother.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The codex is a terribly hard habit to kick, yes. Anal candles migt work though?

As to the mods;
Leadership and Teaching, GLORIOUS DICTATORSHIP is a given. Yes to this one.
Red Army, DA!
Wehrmacht, Ja.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom