Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Season 1

Inf0mercial

Augur
Heh those deer are taking their revenge for that deer that you shot, to be honest unless the Deer move or the Boar lasts you awhile you kinda seem a bit fucked, well unless Ryan continues to resist his recruitment, but then with your luck so far everyone will get prion diseases, break down from negative modifiers go berserk and kill each other, i'm putting my bet on Kalin as last man standing in that case.

How does this game model disease and infection, so far you don't seem to have had one infection granted your in Tundra do Rainforests have a higher chance of it? How does water work in this do you need containers or a clean stream? As in if i start a game can i pick somewhere with no stream or is that a death sentence?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
How does this game model disease and infection, so far you don't seem to have had one infection granted your in Tundra do Rain forests have a higher chance of it?

Infection can only occur to wounds that aren't fully healed. Might happen to hello friend if he doesn't recover soon. Diseases vary from region to region. If we played in rainforests, malaria would be a bitch to deal with. Here in tundra we should brace ourselves for stuff like flu.

As for how often it happens, guess it's random. Or some tricky backstage mechanics I am unaware of. One day your guy feels fine, another day bam - he has gut worms.

How does water work in this do you need containers or a clean stream?

There's no water or thirst in this game. No toilets either. I suppose the dev decided to drop the most banal aspects, so that Rimworld doesn't turn into Sims.

what an amazing day. where did the survivors go after the fight, they were on the colony side of the centipedes yeah? they couldn't have gone back the way they came.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
where did the survivors go after the fight, they were on the colony side of the centipedes yeah?

When you see the "fleeing" message like here in the upper left corner:

5KikmA5.jpg

It means they will avoid fighting and try to reach any edge of the map, usually the closest one. Once they do, they just dissapear from our location, but not from the game world.

Ah, no need to worry. Trudy will come back for some quality Grimwulf lovin'. They all do.

They don't, actually.

:negative:

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Tr76ic8.png
Huumm. Maybe this colony ain't so bad.

vQMfA3D.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
The doctor is sadistic and kind of crazy. But surely the others can't be worse than him... right?

9th of Fall, 5500

lW0ir7U.png
And then she says, "GRIMWULF! THAT WAS THE WRONG HOLE!" GWA HA HA, oh wow. Trudy. Good times.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*Snoring loudly in deep sleep*

lW0ir7U.png
Oh, just remembered that other time - now that is rich! So, she comes over at my place and...

xmL7DMV.png
That's it. FUCK YOU BOTH, AND FUCK TRUDY TOO! I'm out.

Thkk4iR.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
I would rather mine granite for the rest of my life than listen to another Grimwulf's fucking story.

X2voucx.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
If only the weather wasn't so damn cold... Waaaait. Of course!

One hour later.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Hm, there is a note on the door.

l68MMc7.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
"Azira, you'll find a synth jacket inside. Wear it proudly. Kalin. P.S.: strangle Grimwulf to death, if that son of a bitch ever falls asleep." I can't believe it. *pshhh* Kalin, don't tell you went for looting the corpses AGAIN!

xmL7DMV.png
Relax, Azira. The centipedes are inside the cryo facility.

7huZykQ.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
They have a nasty habit of showing up unexpectedly. Those mecha weapons have mad range. One unlucky bullet to the head, and that's it.

xmL7DMV.png
I'll be careful, mom.

2bj6UeB.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
Helloooo, fatty! Let's see what you got.

sX2cC37.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
Now that's a quality gun, if I ever saw one. In perfect condition too! But eeeeehhh. A gun.

3tHa4i0.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
As my father used to say, "Little Kalin, if you can ask your boss for one thing only, then ask for a vibro knife." Sigh. Old man would be so proud of me right now. But anyway, that fatty over here has some good stuff. Look at all that food! Warm clothes! And even a shoddy armor vest. Gotta keep up with latest fashion trends, amirite?

4VnAyQv.jpg

Meanwhile.

Tr76ic8.png
Doctor Azira, I am fully recovered. I swear.

kOL5Wun.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
I don't know, Ryan. Let's do a couple more... procedures. Just to be extra safe.

Tr76ic8.png
My name is not Ryan.

LEqIuDq.jpg
What is it then?

Tr76ic8.png
Hello friend.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*sigh* Hello. See, that's what I'm talking about - you're obviously suffering from PTSD. Don't worry, I have an idea of how to fix this.

Sometime later at the base.

lW0ir7U.png
Kalin! Where have you been, comrade? That is a nice parka, by the way.

xmL7DMV.png
I've brought some food. You're welcome.

1LTyEoK.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Nice!

LEqIuDq.jpg
*pssshhh* Men, did you solve the food situation? I could eat a bear. A Manbear even.

0kri3R5.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
*nom nom* Mmm? No. Sorry.

TDF10EC.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Grimwulf, are you... munching?

lW0ir7U.png
... No?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Oh, fuck you guys.

dtMbtr2.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Seriously though. Kalin, you need to find more food.

xmL7DMV.png
Why me?

lW0ir7U.png
Coz I gotta finish butcher's table and cooking stove. Then I can at least turn this dead boar into something edible. And THEN I gotta wall and roof the whole thing, otherwise the cooking stove will short curcuit as soon as first snow falls.

xmL7DMV.png
Why do you always find an excuse for everything? Fine. I'll go. But only because we risk starvation otherwise.

An hour later.

lW0ir7U.png
Back already?

xmL7DMV.png
Here, brought you a new gun.

WSTCulc.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Why, thank you!

xmL7DMV.png
Now go shoot some deers real quick.

lW0ir7U.png
Can't you see I'm busy?

xmL7DMV.png
*sigh* Grimwulf, there is NO MORE FOOD to loot! The fucking herd has eaten it all! I would hunt them myself, but you know I'm not a good shot.

lW0ir7U.png
Kalin. I don't care how you do it, but get out there and find food. OR ANOTHER BUILDER who can replace me! Now go, I need to focus. And leave those deers alone!

Later that day.

LEqIuDq.jpg
See? This colony is great. Why don't you join us, Ryan? I don't know what's stopping you.

Lmi8gQm.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
You seemed to be starving earlier today. Do you people have a food shortage?

LEqIuDq.jpg
OF COURSE NOT, how could you even say that? We have the best hunters and foragers on the planet. Want a proof? *psshhh* Kalin, come in.

xmL7DMV.png
*psshh* Azira.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I was just telling my friend Ryan here that you carry piles of food to the base all day, every day.

xmL7DMV.png
Right. Hauling a ton of food as we speak. So many food, so fucking heavy...

tnm5dGJ.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Thanks, Kalin. Over and out.

xmL7DMV.png
Yeah, yeah. *mumbles to dead Kazuki* Nobody will find you here, pal. Gods, you smell bad. Hope I won't have to eat you, but who knows...

Tr76ic8.png
So what do you usually eat, doctor Azira?

LEqIuDq.jpg
I'll have you know that this colony features the best cook in the Galaxy. *psshhh* Grimwulf, come in.

lW0ir7U.png
*pssshh* HEY! I told you, no real names in front of that prisoner! Use call signs! I am Grim Wolf, and you are Doctor Asshole.

LEqIuDq.jpg
... Grim Wolf, do you copy?

lW0ir7U.png
Loud and clear, Doctor Asshole.

LEqIuDq.jpg
What are you cooking right now?

lW0ir7U.png
Decided to try something different today. Shashlik.

OGoDxys.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Mmm, sounds *coughs* tasty.

Tr76ic8.png
Marinated meat on slow fire?

lW0ir7U.png
Exactly. Only this one is not marinated, and is roasted on electric stove.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Thank you, Grim Wolf. Over and out. Do you see now, Ryan?

9slY5Q1.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
I just want to go home.

You can only recruit a prisoner if his/her mood bar is at 35% or above. Otherwise the recruitment chance is always zero.

oyVclnk.jpg

Meanwhile.

xmL7DMV.png
Damn you, centipedes. Seems like I can't loot anything else without being murdered, raped, and burned to ashes. Not necessarily in that order.

WmYaCHu.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
At least the herd is on a safe distance from them. But I can't hunt them with a damn knife. Although...

8wLx5Ny.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
Hellooooo there. Aww, the poor thing is almost dead. Let uncle Kalin end the suffering for you. Nice and easy, no need to resis-- AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHH

dLDYbts.jpg

EykrE71.png
MU FUCKING AAAAAAAAAYYEE

qI3ydrC.jpg

EykrE71.png
HRUGHGU, fuck you beast, FUCK YOU!! Gotta run, gotta ru-- oh, shiiiiieee

BTZf8JK.jpg

EykrE71.png
*pssshhh* It's aiming at me. HELP ME, YOU MOTHERF...

Qdw9HDK.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
*pssshh* Kalin?

z6Bdmin.png
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU :rage:

LEqIuDq.jpg
Kalin, if you can hear me - run south, towards the marsh! Don't get any closer to the centipedes! I will meet you there!

tG2fVaY.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Kalin? Respond!

EykrE71.png
*spits blood* Never again. Will I go anywhere NEAR the 'pedes.

y2M0JOW.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Almost there... Oh, hi! You look, umm. Hmm. Nice parka?

EykrE71.png
Tell me we have anesthesia.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I can ask Grimwulf to tell you one of his stories while I'm treating you.

EykrE71.png
That will make the pain even worse.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Sadly, that's all we got. I suggest you crawl to your bed right now. I will catch up with you in a moment.

EykrE71.png
Thank you, doctor. I will crawl. No need to help me. Don't mind my blood flooding this place.

l6ZCnPl.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
It's ok. I'm sure you will clean it up once you recover. RYAN, my dear friend!

Tr76ic8.png
*terrified* Who in God's Holy Name is this man behind your back?! What happened to him?!

LEqIuDq.jpg
Oh, him? Nevermind, it's one of our less valuable members. He fell. Let's talk about you, Ryan.

Ub23c4A.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
I can't, doctor. I just can't. You people are legit creepy.

9.8% chance is actually pretty high.

zZc1vxn.jpg

That's why I included hello friend in the Kolony as prisoner. I checked recruitment difficulty and knew that it's only a matter of time before he joins us. Unless somebody blows up the prison.

Later that evening.

lW0ir7U.png
Kalin? Where is the food? And why are you crawling?

EykrE71.png
Hhhhrrrr... fuck you, Grimwulf... My bed... finally.

ksPmfOM.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Weirdo. Oh hey, Azira!

LEqIuDq.jpg
Sorry, Grim. No time. Such a busy day.

cUhHjEo.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Come on, men. What happened?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Let's see...

TDkkW9E.jpg

EykrE71.png
Ouch.

LEqIuDq.jpg
If you believe in any gods, now is the time to pray.

Later that night.

EykrE71.png
*weeps and moans*

WtEyIlp.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
All done! Well, almost. I have no idea what to do with that eye. *psshhh* Grim?

lW0ir7U.png
*psshh* Aye?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Would you kindly come over?

lW0ir7U.png
I'm a bit busy, Azira. Since goddamn lazy-ass Kalin was doing nothing all day, we've ran out of building materials. Completely. No stone blocks, no steel - nothing. So I'm trying to salvage some old metal from the wreckage.

Uo6X79Q.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
I see. I have a problem with Kalin here. He lost his right eye.

lW0ir7U.png
Hur hur hur, only Kalin is dumb enough to lose his own eye. That is rich.

EykrE71.png
F-fuck. You.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Blood is pouring out of the eyesocket. I'm not sure I want to know why.

lW0ir7U.png
Hm. You are right, that's just gross.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Any suggestions?

lW0ir7U.png
Just shut the hole with something. That's how I handled Trudy back in the day.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Yeah, well... Huh. Actually, that's pretty smart. There you go, Kalin!

i8FmYMg.jpg
... Really?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Now rest and recover, my child.

i8FmYMg.jpg
EYEPATCH DOESN'T STOP THE BLEEDING!

lW0ir7U.png
Kalin, you stupid-ass sluggard! How DID you lose an eye anyway?

i8FmYMg.jpg
I was hunting a FOOKIN' DEER, alright?

lW0ir7U.png
GWA HAHAHAH, who hunts deers with a knife?

i8FmYMg.jpg
It was nearly dead. I thought I could finish off the beast with a stab or two. Pretty sure it's dead by now, bled out. Good riddance.

lW0ir7U.png
... Kalin. Did you kill a deer?

i8FmYMg.jpg
Deer, elk - who cares? Yes, I am fairly certain it's dead.

ZkuiJso.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
You MADMAN. Don't you know what you've done? We had a peace treaty! And now you've declared WAR upon them!

i8FmYMg.jpg
Fuck's sake, Grimwulf. They are deers. Why can't you act like a sane person for a change?

lW0ir7U.png
Deers? No, no, no. You haven't seen what I've seen. You don't know shit about our enemy.

yf9tgO5.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
You've killed one of them. Someone's child or battle brother. You broke the treaty. I was trying to prevent this war, Kalin, but now? Now it's too late. They WILL seek revenge.

JSfGSeS.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Maybe one of them is already coming for us.

WGSBQnq.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Maybe it's already too late to run or hide.

HV02t1W.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Maybe... FUCK!!

i8FmYMg.jpg
... Grimwulf? Grimwulf, come in? He doesn't respond.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I'm sure he'll be fine. Good night, Kalin.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Shouldn't you go check on him?

LEqIuDq.jpg
... Nah.

sV8EImV.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Huh? Who are you?

lW0ir7U.png
*Panting* Grim. Wolf.

Tr76ic8.png
Finally! You are the first sane person I've met on this planet! Please, mr. Grim Wolf, there was some sort of mistake. I've been imprisoned by...

lW0ir7U.png
SSHHHHH, shh, shh! It can hear us.

Tr76ic8.png
Uhh? Who?

lW0ir7U.png
The DEER. Shut up and listen to me. My colony is at WAR, and we are currently losing! One comrade has fallen to these monsters already. You and I are trapped here. Now tell me, do you want to live?

Tr76ic8.png

lW0ir7U.png
DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?!

Tr76ic8.png
Yes?

lW0ir7U.png
THEN COVER MY BACK! HHAAAAARRRRR!!! *kicks the door open*

iDULRTI.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
MOTHERFUCKEEEER!!!

tk958fd.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
WHY WON'T YOU DIIIIEE?! FALL BACK, FALL BACK!!! *slams the door shut*

nMXGlTj.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
*Huff puff* This might take a while. Ryan, isn't it? Welcome to the Kolony.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It's a proud 'dex tradition. Either sabotage the LP on the 1st page or loose the chance because most will be abandoned before the 3rd page. :salute:

Inf0mercial

Augur
Hey at least your food troubles are looking better, maybe you should have let the deer maul Ryan then you could have had Azira heal him to boost his relation rating, or do Deer lock on? Also hey Deer will fuck your shit up good to see the game sticks to over a hundred kilo animals being able to do damage, will the missing eye put a penalty on him?.

Also i was poking around the wiki and only Tame animals breed so you kinda seem more fucked, i couldn't find a clear answer do more animals migrate onto the map over time like DF? The more i read on the wiki the more it seems its in some areas behind DF but in others ahead of it, its a lot more open with the mechanics that's for sure, DF learning how to strip prisoners of items is one particularity traumatizing learning experience, Gobo somehow keeping its silver dagger even through 6 dump and take orders on dwarfs and they got everything else, then one shotting a soldier through the throat when i let it out for some "training".

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
maybe you should have let the deer maul Ryan then you could have had Azira heal him to boost his relation rating, or do Deer lock on?

Personal relations with warden don't affect recruitment chances, only recruitment difficulty and warden's Social skill do. 9,8% is a pretty high chance in any case.

will the missing eye put a penalty on him?.

Yes, Kalin's sight is only 50% efficient from now on.

Also i was poking around the wiki and only Tame animals breed so you kinda seem more fucked

Breed? Why would I wait for them to breed? Nope, this herd won't stay in the area for too long. Animals rarely do. Other herds will come and go with time, not only deers.

i could find a clear answer do more animals migrate onto the map over time like DF?

Yes, they come and go randomly.

The info there is very outdated. Lots of things changed, lots of stuff is missing. Almost no Alpha 13 features are present.

The game has a decent tutorial. You should just go ahead and play, no real point in studying the wiki before you even start the game. If you're still undecided, watching some video reviews/lp's will give you a better idea of the game than wiki.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:x

Muh fukken eye! I can't believe it! And hey, get a load of this Ryan guy. First he eats all our food rations and uses up all the healing socks, then he still wants to ditch us without doing his part.

I say kill him already, then freeze his body for emergency meat and harvest those eyes, make him pay back what he owes.

Azira can transplant one eye to my empty socket, and if he fails the first time, we still have one spare.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Azira can transplant one eye to my empty socket, and if he fails the first time, we still have one spare.

Are you sure you want to let Azira perform any kind of surgery on your head? :lol:

Do guns require ammo or has that been abstracted out?

All ranged weapons have unlimited ammo/arrows. Except for mortars - they require mortar shells.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
get a load of this Ryan guy

Let's make it fair. You're currently staying with Azira, and he is the one wardening Ryan. If you two can come to an agreement, so be it. The options are:

1. We do what we do - take care of Ryan, trying hard to convince him.
2. We do the same, but he gets no food. It will take a long time for him to die of starvation, but health problems are very much possible.
3. We release him. No real gain from that, but we can strip him before doing it. He has synth pants, shirt and jacket - it can be sold for quite a sum. If you try to strip him naked and leave imprisoned, he will quickly die of hypothermia.
4. We harvest organs and/or kill the guy for no reason.

I'll do whatever Kalin and Azira decide. Provided the murderous deer doesn't kill Grimwulf and Ryan (haven't played the next day yet)

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Are you sure you want to let Azira perform any kind of surgery on your head? :lol:

Hmmm, good point. Letting Azira mess with muh skull is probably a bad idea. Still, trying to convert Ryan is a waste of time and resources. Azira could be out there hunting juicy murder elks, instead he's playing nanny for a freeloader.

I vote 4) Take his stuff, carve him up and harvest those eyes for safekeeping, just in case we find a real doc on this planet.

boot

Prophet
I know you have a few guys lined up but just in case

carlcuck.jpg

I learned about communism in school and would love to join your commune. My wifes son said it's ok so...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Besides, Ryan's social skills are through the roof. Once he actually joins the colony, he'd be perfect for handling new prisoners and doing trades.

The three of us? Well.. Those are not our strong points.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm curious. Have the skills of any of the three original colonists improved? Is it only skills with flames next to them that actually improves? Or will the other skills also increase, though slower?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Have the skills of any of the three original colonists improved?

When you regularly put a skill to gud use, it's being improved. Those which you don't use slowly deteriorate. High-level skills deteriorate faster if you don't use them, while low-level skills basically remain unchanged.

So yeah, some of our skills were improved quite a bit.

Is it only skills with flames next to them that actually improves? Or will the other skills also increase, though slower?

Skills with flame and double flame improve pretty fast. No flame skills can be improved, but very slowly.
Double flame = x2 speed
Single flame = x1 speed
No flame = x0.3 speed

I'm curious.

Be careful with what you wish for.

Q8OOTDP.jpg

NBafhVm.jpg

DlPV2xP.jpg

NsSmNfQ.jpg

nmMdJhc.jpg

b5KKk1Y.jpg

OBryVZM.jpg

aADAMTD.jpg

Lp2p8an.jpg

AE39ZJV.jpg

xwtLWFU.jpg

Bg7faQ4.jpg

uAFTLAu.jpg

CGBKbek.jpg

TKWEtc9.jpg

agEtO42.jpg

x7OBNQg.jpg

E5PBPTe.jpg

4eg7Djg.jpg

PfsvW5r.jpg

tupOyRU.jpg

Ashery

Prophet
I'm curious. Have the skills of any of the three original colonists improved? Is it only skills with flames next to them that actually improves? Or will the other skills also increase, though slower?

Skill gain is:

No flame - 0.3x
Single flame - 1x
Double flame - 1.5x

Depending on the type of work you're doing, the flames might or not not restrict you all that much. If you're doing non-quality construction work (Smoothing floors, building walls), you can *easily* take a no-flame construction worker and make him a rank 10 before too long. Just don't expect to take him beyond that point, as that's when skills start to decrease every few ticks until you're back at rank 10, with the decrease getting larger the more skilled you become, up to the cap of 20. Other skills are significantly more difficult to rank up without any flames though. Crafting, for instance, would be incredibly difficult to rank up for someone without any flames.

Krivol

Magister
I have no idea how much of story you have added (I mean I am not sure if you did something "wrong" just to make story more interesting) but it's very amusing let's play. Also droids in the very beggining... lol, it's like Ilitihid in Candlekeep :D .

Count me in : Krivol, stats, sex and other stuff doesn't matter.

Image:
images

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom