Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Season 1

Ashery

Prophet
Oh, and I forgot to ask you Grim, how'd you get the collapsible resource list in the upper left? You say you're not using mods, but I've not found an option to do it in game and mine's cluttered to the point of uselessness now that I've got a dozen different types of leather and all that distracting me from important info like metal, components, and such.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Oh, and I forgot to ask you Grim, how'd you get the collapsible resource list in the upper left?

That's vanilla inteface. I believe it was improved in Alpha 13. Try clicking on this:

vphnhc.jpg

Edit: or just click dem arrow to collapse smth specific.

qnxdqi.jpg

Last edited:

Ashery

Prophet
Ahh, the button in the bottom right was it. Wish the categories were customizable, though.

hello friend

Arcane
Azira can transplant one eye to my empty socket, and if he fails the first time, we still have one spare.

Are you sure you want to let Azira perform any kind of surgery on your head? :lol:

Hmmm, good point. Letting Azira mess with muh skull is probably a bad idea. Still, trying to convert Ryan is a waste of time and resources. Azira could be out there hunting juicy murder elks, instead he's playing nanny for a freeloader.

I vote 4) Take his stuff, carve him up and harvest those eyes for safekeeping, just in case we find a real doc on this planet.
:what:I'm keeping an eye on you, dude. And I've got you out-eyed.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Been giving the game a spin. My colony is nowhere near as hardcore as yours though. I set off into a temperate biome.
My inner dwarf compels me to build all rooms inside mountains. Luzur is our only miner, so it's slow going.
Big irregular room is a misc stockpile. I've a wall with some surrets just south of the screenshot. Everyone has a 6x6 room with a wooden bed, a lamp and granite tiles. common room has a pool table, a chess table, some comfy chairs and spare weapons. Crafting room and kitchen is next to the rec room, hospital (with sterile tiles) above and above the hospital is a cooled storage area for foodstuffs. Top right is where my next workshop and brewery will be once research is complete.
D7YJPUS.jpg

Of course, as luck would have it, Lhynn and Luzur have been sick almost the entire time. :x
They've eaten through almost our entire stock of medicine and they're still sick with muscle parasites.
7pXr5fU.jpg

Ashery

Prophet
The mechanites are fun. They eventually clear up, though, and they're definitely one of the more mild negative events. They can actually end up being really advantageous in certain situations, like firefights.

Also, because I can't resist:

Have fun with your eventual infestations. :deadtroll:

Also, I love how your relatively new fort has several times the amount of lighting that mine has despite mine coming up on the one year mark.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Been giving the game a spin. My colony is nowhere near as hardcore as yours though. I set off into a temperate biome.
My inner dwarf compels me to build all rooms inside mountains.

Good stuff. :salute:

Now it's POST YOUR OWN COLONY (while waiting for Grimwulf's hangover to end) thread! Here is what my last one looks like (was kind of abandoned after starting this LP):

DuWn0kb.jpg

This post should prove that Grimwulf doesn't suck at Rimworld. At least when he doesn't ask Codex about what to. So, the only way to access the colony is to go through the fort. Don't mind thrumbo corpses, I had a situation recently.

azwT9A7.jpg

When you get inside (this colony is an underground too, just like Ulminati's), you'll find warehouse and storages.

6cvyfju.jpg

Why do they look empty and retarded? Coz at some point I had tons upon tons of shit, and no traders willing to buy it. So I had to build a second storage which is now abandoned. Why no doors? Coz the colony has been suffering iron crisis for an eternity now. Bulk traders are rare, and discovering new iron veins in the mountains takes time.

The Heart of the Colony.

N0inmdU.jpg

Expanded the bar only recently, so it's still kinda empty and unfinihsed. It was smaller previously, and more cozy too.

Suburbs:

qNG7uss.jpg

Huskies breed at mad speed, btw. It's always sad to sell puppies, but the colony can barely handle so much. Recently I found out that one cook is not enough for this colony - he simply cannot produce meals and kibble fast enough to feed every colonist and husky, even though he works the stove all day every day.

The base itself.

h2UYAUG.jpg

The rest is fields, solar generators and wind turbines - nothing interesting.

The area is full of tunnels.

sS1GHKL.jpg

One reason is to find more iron. Another is to move faster during cold seasons (tunnels are never covered in snow).

Successful colony. Good times. :love:

Now back to the this LP. :negative:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
j77rq9N.png
It's now or never, Ryan. The moment of truth. ARE YOU WITH ME?!

Tr76ic8.png
I am a strongly against violence of any kind, mr. Grim Wolf.

j77rq9N.png
Then let's kill these VILE BEASTS together! RRRRRRAAAAAGH!!!

8oisSUY.jpg

j77rq9N.png
SUKAAAAA!!!

LIxBTC2.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
... It can't be real. I must be dreaming.

j77rq9N.png
EAT LEAD AND DIE!!

TkeV8xO.jpg

j77rq9N.png
Any last words, you capitalist scum? Don't give me that "I was just following orders" look. You are all the same to me. THIS! IS!! COMMIE LAAAND!!! *shoots*

caomAsy.jpg

j77rq9N.png
WE ARE AT WAR, RYAN! You MUST pick a side, Ryan! If you are not with US, then you are with THEM.

10th of Fall, 5500

i8FmYMg.jpg
Psst. Azira.

LEqIuDq.jpg
M?

oOSW0OA.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Hey, get a load of this Ryan guy. First he eats all our food rations and uses up all the healing socks, then he still wants to ditch us without doing his part. I say kill him already, then freeze his body for emergency meat and harvest those eyes, make him pay back what he owes.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Too much time invested already. Besides, Ryan's social skills are through the roof. Once he actually joins the colony, he'd be perfect for handling new prisoners and doing trades. The three of us? Well.. Those are not our strong points.

i8FmYMg.jpg
The guy is dead weight. I hope you reconsider.

Later this morning.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Grimwulf, wake up. We're out of food. I need to feed the prisoner with something.

lW0ir7U.png
Hrmf? Hmrrrpppff. Feed him leftover boar meat from yesterday. It smelled bad, I decided not to cook it. Now lemme sleep, Mengele.

ATDa4Db.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
RYAN, the dearest of all my friends! It's been too long! ... Why are you sleeping on stone floor?

ckoGT3z.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Because it's much more comfortable than this bed.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Oh, you joker. I've brought breakfast!

Tr76ic8.png
You can't be serious. What IS IT even?

LEqIuDq.jpg
A boar steak. Extra rare.

Tr76ic8.png
It's raw meat. And it seems to be spoiled too.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Bon appetit! While you're enjoying this fine meal, I will tell you fun facts about Kolony. Do you know the initial purpose of this building you're calling home? It was used as Grimwulf's personal room of meditation.

Later that day.

j77rq9N.png
*pssshhhh* Komrades. Bottle brothers! The time has come to make a final stand.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Great. Grimwulf's going mental again.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Good morning, Grim.

j77rq9N.png
WE CANNOT TOLERATE THEIR PRESENCE ANY LONGER! THIS IS OUR LAND, OUR HOME!

LEqIuDq.jpg
We can't defeat the centipedes. Let's just deal with it.

j77rq9N.png
Go out there and kill every last deer!

LEqIuDq.jpg
... Oh.

j77rq9N.png
Stalk, observe, and be ready! When the right moment comes, shoot to kill.

98q5s0e.jpg

j77rq9N.png
SHOW THEM NO MERCY!

0DA28vH.jpg

j77rq9N.png
Bring the corpses here. I will peform the last rites.

TRQOq4y.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
We got it, you psycho! Stop screaming already! I swear, your ravings can be heard from SPACE.

One hour later.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Tell me honestly, Ryan. Are you holding a grudge of some sorts? Why do you look so unhappy?

Tr76ic8.png
Where do I start...

aHln7Se.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
You didn't like the steak, I get it. Grimwulf is doing his best. He is a working man, just like the rest of us - cooking with one hand, building with another. I never saw him eating or sleeping, by the way.

CmrCiMv.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
I've met him this night. Grimwulf is insane.

LEqIuDq.jpg
No, he is a visionary leader. Give him a chance, and you'll see it yourself. From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Tr76ic8.png
My only need is to get out of here.

eDS470C.jpg

Later that evening.

j77rq9N.png
*psshhh* SQUAD OMEGA, this is Red Base! Give me status report naw! Over.

i8FmYMg.jpg
*psshh* Everything's fine. Only my hate is growing.

Aztfbzv.jpg

j77rq9N.png
That's the spirit, private Cyclops! Our enemy deserves to be hated.

i8FmYMg.jpg
You are my only enemy here, Grimwulf.

j77rq9N.png
That's General Ironballs for you, private!

LEqIuDq.jpg
Men, shut up. I see something in the distance. Or... someone?

XrI8cZh.jpg

j77rq9N.png
Please confirm hostile contact, Sergeant Lazybones.

LEqIuDq.jpg
He doesn't seem to be hostile. Looks like a traveller passing by.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Just a savage with a club. Forget about him.

j77rq9N.png
NO! It's an enemy spy! I know their methods.

LEqIuDq.jpg
It's a human. Not a deer. Just sayin'.

j77rq9N.png
Prepare an ambush at once! Capture him alive for interrogation! THIS IS AN ORDER! Over and out.

i8FmYMg.jpg
You are not the boss of me!

LEqIuDq.jpg
That savage has a decent parka, though. Probably some food too.

i8FmYMg.jpg
... Ok, let's do it.

Later that night.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*psshhh* Kalin, any news?

i8FmYMg.jpg
*psh psh* Following him closely. He didn't see me.

xCuL9hb.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
He is in the tunnel. Are you ready, Azira?

LEqIuDq.jpg
I'm ready.

vKs9ecH.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
On a count of three. One... two... THREE!

LEqIuDq.jpg
*Opens fire*

E1lDrK5.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
SURPRISE, MOTHERFUCKER!

3OgmEkp.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Come on, you bitch! Come to Little Kalin, Son of Kalin! I'll cut you in h-- FFUCK!

jIWphHJ.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
SHOOT HIM, AZIRA! COME ON!!!

LEqIuDq.jpg
*BANG*

i8FmYMg.jpg
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

a32rZwY.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
SHOOT HIM, NOT ME!!!

LEqIuDq.jpg
Oops. *BANG*

QegwtlT.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
There you go.

i8FmYMg.jpg
I hate you all so much.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Hehehe. Hey there, Grim!

ihRbwRq.jpg

j77rq9N.png
Shh! The deers are watching. Where is the new prisoner?

LEqIuDq.jpg
He's kind of dead. Sorry.

j77rq9N.png
Operation Counterespionage has failed. Go back to your posts.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Yeah, I'll just grab his parka real quick... Why are looking at me like that, Ryan?

Tr76ic8.png
What. The fuck. Is wrong with you people?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Hey, you saw what happened! We were just defending ourselves.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Some help here? Anyone? I was smashed a few times with a stone club, shot in the leg by goddamn Azira, and pretty sure I'm bleeding out. Again.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Crawl to your bed, Kalin. I'll wait for you there.

j77rq9N.png
HEY, nobody goes anywhere without a deer's body! Now each grab one and go. Chop-chop!

WcfusDO.jpg

j77rq9N.png
Can you move any slower, Kalin? I mean, fucking hell, you are one lazy bastard.

i8FmYMg.jpg
:x

j77rq9N.png
I'll go ahead. See you later. And stop bleeding all over the place, have some damn manners.

YCs7fvG.jpg

j77rq9N.png
That was a gud day.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Just Started a game picked easy mode forest with lots of wood, on difficulty challenging as it said no bonuses or maluses to mood which is what i wanted.

94cbe58a04.jpg

Of course the spot i picked had no mountains for me to hide in at all, so now i am building a wall, that bear is worrying me but need i wood to make the wall, cherry the fuck decided to ignore the shit that needs to be done and wander around so i told him to go mining to grab some stone, suddenly he is full of energy to take care of the garden, lazy fuck.

Ben is the youngest at 17 and was an army cook i have put his military background to good use and given him the vast majority of the backbreaking labor, the only things he won't do are doctoring, firefighting and being a warden, Cella is 40 and cherry is 59, i have a feeling this colony is 2 old people telling the teenager to do all the heavy lifting work.

Hey your colony actually looks like its going to survive, if Ryan does join you how much of a cramp is that going to put on your food resources? I don't have a feel for how much people eat.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
if Ryan does join you how much of a cramp is that going to put on your food resources?

It won't change. We're providing food for Ryan already (Azira feeds him every day).

I don't have a feel for how much people eat.

1-2 meals a day on average. I think it depends on activity, but I might be wrong. I've posted some stats recently, you can see a thing there on Records tab, "Nutrition eaten". 1 nutrition = 1 food bar = 1 meal = 10 meat chunks = 10 potatoes.

Grimwulf consumed 14.8 nutrition in 9 days. He's a hard working men who needs to eat a lot.
Azira consumed 13.95 nutrition in 9 days. Because all he ever does is research and drinkin'.
Kalin consumed 14.85 nutrition in 9 days. Not because he works hard, but rather because he's greedy and voracious.

Good luck with yer colony. :salute:

truly, these struggles over time will become legendary. grimwulf fending off a horde of stampeding deer each larger and more bloodthirsty than the last, that would otherwise have trampled to death a helpless guest of the colony as he cowered in his own filth. kalin fearlessly confronting head on a gang of rampaging, rapacious vagabonds fixated on capturing the noble colonists for their own sick pleasure. azira hiding in his shack. stories that will be known for generations to come.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
truly, these struggles over time will become legendary. grimwulf fending off a horde of stampeding deer each larger and more bloodthirsty than the last, that would otherwise have trampled to death a helpless guest of the colony as he cowered in his own filth. kalin fearlessly confronting head on a gang of rampaging, rapacious vagabonds fixated on capturing the noble colonists for their own sick pleasure. azira hiding in his shack. stories that will be known for generations to come.

This really cracked me up :lol:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Wait, so do I get that right.. Kalinski is actually a better doctor than Azira and would improve even faster? But Azira is worth more on the meatmarket despite Kalin's beautiful pigtails... huh, something to keep in mind if we find someone with better research skills two working eyes and basic reading skills in the future...
Sheeet, what is wrong with me, I am starting to root for ShashKalinik... somefag needs to hit me with a club, stat!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Wait, so do I get that right.. Kalinski is actually a better doctor than Azira and would improve even faster?

Yes. But since Kalin is the one who keeps getting into troubles, Azira is our doctor. Most of the times.

But Azira is worth more on the meatmarket despite Kalin's beautiful pigtails...

Market value of humans is a complicated thing. It's not just about dem skillz. And yeah, Kalin became a worthless commodity after losing an eye. I'm failry certain that selling his organs would be more profitable than selling him as a slave.

Inf0mercial

Augur
This game is pretty fun, had a raid before i had installed my hallway defense but it worked out fine, mostly because well.

17335bc39e.jpg

At first i thought whats her face had killed herself and her boss and scared the others away but.

bf480ee2db.jpg

Nope he got fucking brutalized by the turrets.

d9de6c8a79.jpg

You don't need two kidneys right? I would like a surgeon, somehow she can walk after my medic patched up her leg and torso, if she does come on board never handing her a grenade again.

Pretty fun so far i had an issue where i did not understand how freezers work so i built 3 and tapped -10c once was confused when food was going off slowly, you have to tap minus 10 a ton till it gets to a good temp.

Good Recommendation Grimwulf i do love these type of games, i still play singularity sometimes even if i have never ever won and i always rage 20 mins in.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
What the fuck you fucking say about me!? I will have you know I graduated at the top of my class in the School of Hard Knocks. I've been involved in hauling everything in the whole damn colony and then some. I have almost 200 confirmed hauls! I dug the damn tunnel all by muh self, and when Grimwulf was going Darkman who tuk him down? That's rite. This guy! And by the way, that murder elk wouldn't have taken muh eye if you had let me take care of Ryan instead of that slacker Azira, so if you think about it, that one is on you! Not only am I extensively trained in persuasion and social situations, I have access to the entire arsenal of top secret space cop tactics and you better believe I would've used it to the full extent to turn Ryan into a productive member of this community. You people jeez, no respect, no gratitude! Why, I nevah...

Oh yeah, also calling dibs on that granite club, it ain't no nightstick but it'll have to do.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Gotta love this LP Grim!
Anyway, here's mine screenshot. Pretty old colony, and I'm using quite a lot of mods (especially loving bulk meals and new furniture. You might see some cushion chairs and stuff)
I've got 3 geothermals in close proximity connected by the wire and enclosed by walls. AI raids are mostly ignoring 'em for some reason (Would make sense to cut my power off, but oh well)
0ZGHKWG.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
For anyone who wants to Commander Boreal, dongworld seed has a glorious mountain. Mt. Dongspike at the equator has a gruelling -14.7 degrees weather in the height of summer.
VzWe316.png

:5/5: I think I'll start at the base of the mountain and work my way upwards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom