Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Korgan Bloodaxe and other good evil companions

Humbaba

Arcane
Stalin is still Chaotic Good btw :smug:

Whatever the case, his companion quest fucking blows. If you fail even just one speech check he will permanently leave your party and subsequently drop dead off screen for no reason. Then you're stuck with Gorbatchov as a replacement whose stats are shit for his class.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Well you get burned by fire,doesn't make it evil. He is more like a elemental power in me eyes. Tho the original dude was evil for sure.

He's not a force of nature, or some animal-like spirit. He can talk, he understands pain and loss, he has memory. And he wants to burn more stuff, especially people (a relevant distinction).
At the same time being aware enough to forestall his intents for the sake of his benefactor. He can obey instructions.

Fire doesn't want to burn. Fire just burns as long as there is sustenance. Fire doesn't care what it burns. Fire doesn't feel pain.

Is he crazy? Sure. Doesn't matter much in my view. The only relevance of the "crazy not evil" defence is the potential to be curable, but I don't think that's even remotely possible for Ignus.

[edit to clarify last statement:] sanity is relevant for judgement in that context, not for ethical/moral evaluation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom