Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That specific part is actually one of the best things about the restoration. It gives a better sense of closure. Plus Kreia has some awesome lines when talking to them. The part after that, were you rescue your party members in the academy is pretty bad though. They reuse lines from other parts of the game because there is no recorded audio for it. They should have have left it out imo.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
Does stoney's mod have the Droid planet? I remember I tried it in another mod and did not like it so I hope it doesn't.

also is there any conclusion or update to the drama that is the TSLRP?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pretty sure it doesn't. This mod only restores stuff that was basically left on the disc and in a near-complete state but just wasn't finished in time to put into the retail version of the game. The droid planet, from what I've read from various interviews over the years, was cut out pretty early in production as the developers found it to be too similar to the Peragus prologue. Most of the droid planet's content was divided amongst the other planets, specifically Nar Shaddaa.

scarletguard

Educated
Both M4-78 (the Droid Planet) and the Genoharadan mods will be released separately from TSLRCM. The current version of the M4-78 mod isn't compatible with TSLRCM. (A patch that was created to make them compatible apparently has "issues.")

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I think it's pretty retarded to do the Droid Planet anyway. As yes plz said, it was cut early in production, perhaps even pre-production. Stuff like that happens all the time with games, and sometimes with good reason. And since materials from that were moved to other planets, it wasn't really "lost." This is unlike the restoration mod, which involves stuff that was cut at the last minute. Obsidian "covered" for the Droid Planet by moving its material elsewhere. So a mod that restores that will be redundant and pointless.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eh, it worked out alright finding her dead on Korriban. If you find her alive on the 'droid planet, that doesn't leave you with any real reason to go to Korriban.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Or better yet she could just be alive on Korriban.

Although now that I think about it, it's a nice unexpected turn to find her dead there. They just should have figured out ways to extend that planet.

Also, having Kreia take out FOUR Jedi in the Enclave might be pushing it a bit.

scarletguard

Educated
Dicksmoker said:

Although now that I think about it, it's a nice unexpected turn to find her dead there. They just should have figured out ways to extend that planet.

There are no voiceovers for Vash at the Enclave - an earlier attempt to put her at the Enclave was awkward at best because she didn't have enough lines in total to work with. The current build has Vash talking with the Exile, after he/she goes through most of the planet. If he doesn't kill her himself, Sion would come in to attack them both. Vash force pushes Exile out the door which then shuts. Vash and Sion ignite their lightsabers which eventually ends with her dying.

M4-78 does have too little content in it. I tend to see the mod as being like the Genoharadan patch - a completely optional patch that you can add on to TSLRCM. A few more items are planned for this mod - including a few items that might have some greater consequences off the planet. I'm sure if anyone had suggestions of things to add, they could always post over in the M4-78 forums at Deadly Stream.

Oh well, back to the TSLRCM proper. Lockkailber, what do you think would work better as far as a Malachor restoration without discussing the HK-47/G0-T0 ending , that is.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
scarletguard said:
Dicksmoker said:

There are no voiceovers for Vash at the Enclave - an earlier attempt to put her at the Enclave was awkward at best because she didn't have enough lines in total to work with. The current build has Vash talking with the Exile, after he/she goes through most of the planet. If he doesn't kill her himself, Sion would come in to attack them both. Vash force pushes Exile out the door which then shuts. Vash and Sion ignite their lightsabers which eventually ends with her dying.

M4-78 does have too little content in it. I tend to see the mod as being like the Genoharadan patch - a completely optional patch that you can add on to TSLRCM. A few more items are planned for this mod - including a few items that might have some greater consequences off the planet. I'm sure if anyone had suggestions of things to add, they could always post over in the M4-78 forums at Deadly Stream.

Oh well, back to the TSLRCM proper. Lockkailber, what do you think would work better as far as a Malachor restoration without discussing the HK-47/G0-T0 ending , that is.

I've been giving it a little thought, but it's hard to come up with anything satisfying. Since the current solution with the party members is just awkward, perhaps it would just be better to make some sort of cop out, like finding them unconscious in the force cells, or under the influence of some sort of force power courtesy of Kreia. That way, Stoney will only have to add a short description of the situation if the player clicks on them and no voice files are needed.

qliveur

Educated
^Just out of curiousity, Lockkaliber, have you played the TSLRP leak? I thought that Stoney and Zbyl handled the rescue of the party NPCs far better than TG did. It isn't nearly as awkward as what happens in TSLRP, where each rescue costs attribute points for no particular reason other than some member of TG's being a fan of BG2.

I didn't think that the reused VOs were particularly bad, either. In my opinion, TSLRCM's reused lines worked better than those in TSLRP.

Since there were no VOs, it makes one wonder just what Obsidian had in mind for that scenario in the first place.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Did not play the TSLRP leak, I'm anxiously awaiting the breakdown and the release of the latest build. :P

Seriously though, while I see your point, the quality is still so far below that of the vanilla game that I feel it should be left out, or redone. The more I think about it, I think the idea of setting up a scenario where audio isn't necessary to be the best solution. Say you come into the room with the force cages, and examine one of your party members, and get some small exposition about them being under the influence of the force. The PC will recognize it as Kreias methods because of their force bond, but he will still be able to lower the force fields, effectively making sure that they can escape when the influence is eliminated by the PC killing Kreia.

Or as I mentioned above, the PC finds them unconscious instead. That would lower the amount of exposition they would have to write, and subsequently fuck up. Perhaps even create a short sequence where you see them waking up just after the PC enters the core, safely ensuring that you can't go back to try to talk with them.

scarletguard

Educated
Sorry about the delay in responding. There are a few issues.

One is that the patch is seemingly created by a guy who's had issues in the past with appropriating other people's material that wasn't his and passing it off as his own. Stoney has been suckered by this guy before. Filefront was suckered by this guy twice. The modding community has been trying to get rid of this plagarist for years. Here's some background material on him, if you're interested . . .

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefron ... iles;36352

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefron ... ront;36668

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefron ... 6x#1470541

Anyway, Stoney and company don't wish to be associated with him in any way.

There's also other issues - even if it wasn't created by him. The patch duplicates some of the things that are already in TSLRCM.

Finally, the patch is almost a moot point now as a new version of M4-78 will be created after TSLRCM is finished. Perhaps some of the Codex folks might make some suggestions over in the M4-78 thread at Deadly Stream on what they'd like to see and what they wouldn't - in preparation for when work begins on that new version. (As I've mentioned before, as it is the mod has too little material. I personally feel the planet is WAY too linear in its current incarnation.)

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Is something going on with Deadly Stream? I've been trying to go to the site for a few days and keep getting error messages.

scarletguard

Educated
Stoney is in the dark about why Deadly Stream is having problems as well. If I hear something, I'll post about it.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Sites finally working for me, nothing new though. Last I heard they're redoing the droid factory a bit. Having played through it (finally) It was decent, but i think it could use some tweaking.

aboyd

Liturgist
I just love that team gizka is pretty much decimated now. The few posts on their forum that have been made in the last few days are all just people being unhappy that they believed in something that everyone else saw through. They've moved on to recriminations and quoting how they were deceived. In fact, I think there's only been 1 post in the last 3 days. They're just dead.

Feels good.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
And you still have assholes trying to defend Gizka and that Killerbob bitch running around wielding her banhammer, throwing around warnings and being an all round prissy bitch. It's like watching Berlin burn from the inside of the fuhrerbunker. Lovely.

scarletguard

Educated
I'd love to see the members of Team Gizka that have moved on offer their stuff to the new team. It seems that has already begun.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's a disappointment though. Watching TG cult going apeshit when someone dared to question Dashus' infinite wisdom was pretty fun.

scarletguard

Educated
Lockkaliber said:
Seriously though, while I see your point, the quality is still so far below that of the vanilla game that I feel it should be left out, or redone. The more I think about it, I think the idea of setting up a scenario where audio isn't necessary to be the best solution. Say you come into the room with the force cages, and examine one of your party members, and get some small exposition about them being under the influence of the force. The PC will recognize it as Kreias methods because of their force bond, but he will still be able to lower the force fields, effectively making sure that they can escape when the influence is eliminated by the PC killing Kreia.

Or as I mentioned above, the PC finds them unconscious instead. That would lower the amount of exposition they would have to write, and subsequently fuck up. Perhaps even create a short sequence where you see them waking up just after the PC enters the core, safely ensuring that you can't go back to try to talk with them.

Stoney has expressed interest in redoing the ending in the manner you suggest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom