Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KoToR Update

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So when they released the KoToR 2 update last year there was speculation that KoToR 1 was also going to get some treatment. Anyone her anything about that? Or was I drunk.

I was drunk a lot last summer so...

Also why are there no tags in this forum?

racofer

Thread Incliner
There's an ongoing "petition" for it on the Steam forums, but no word so far from Biowhore. I doubt it will ever happen.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The only things the update added to KOTOR 2 were achievements and workshop support. The former is pointless and the only good thing about the latter is that it makes it easier to install the restoration patch, and since KOTOR 1 doesn't need a restoration patch because it's a finished game adding workshop support would be rather pointless.

pippin

There's an ongoing "petition" for it on the Steam forums, but no word so far from Biowhore. I doubt it will ever happen.

If I remember correctly it's Aspyr handling the "remasters". They haven't evenreleased the new kotor2 patch for gog yet.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I find achievements handy. Easy to find quests you missed and so on after a playthrough. I'm hoping the first game gets the same treatment.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The only things the update added to KOTOR 2 were achievements and workshop support.
They also added an option to disable the blur effect of Force Speed that made your eyes bleed, but keep the frame buffer effects for other Force Powers and objects (which look rather good).

Which put an end to a decade of my internal whining, and won them my vote for Patch of the Century.

Furthermore, I think they also added widescreen resolution support without having to install third-party mods.

Space Insect

Arcane
Unfortunately KOTOR2 still breaks during cutscenes for me even with the new patch and the restored content mod.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Unfortunately KOTOR2 still breaks during cutscenes for me even with the new patch and the restored content mod.

I had one on Nar Shadar when you go back to your ship and the bad guys are waiting for you but that was the only crash I had during my entire playthrough.

Space Insect

Arcane

I had one on Nar Shadar when you go back to your ship and the bad guys are waiting for you but that was the only crash I had during my entire playthrough.
My problem is that the cutscene runs and then afterwards the screen goes black instead of going back into the engine. The actual game is clearly running, I just don't have any visuals.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

My problem is that the cutscene runs and then afterwards the screen goes black instead of going back into the engine. The actual game is clearly running, I just don't have any visuals.

Yeah I remember it was at the transition from cutscene to control. But like I said it only happened once. Wonder if it was a driver issue of some sort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom