Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society - coming early 2023

Amurada

Educated
Hopefully, there are significant changes that make the combat more involved than the first game. Didn't get far enough to see if the auto-battler aspect takes more of a backseat, but from what I have played, it was overwhelmingly the case. I generally enjoy NIS titles, so I'm hoping this entry can prove less of a disappointment, as I do enjoy a good Dungeon Crawler, and NIS' relatively complex stat composition can fit in really well if they gave it a proper shot.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Wasn't a very big fan of the first game either. Dungeon design was pretty cool and in typical NIS fashion the art was really nice. But the gameplay mechanics and low challenge put me to sleep. Hope they fix these with the sequel because I think this could be a good crawler series otherwise.

Reinhardt

Arcane
3k floors and level cap is only 99? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
It's coming in under 12 hours. I am really looking forward to this!

Kuruwin

Novice
Have preordered this, but might not even get chance to play it until 27th because amazon.de doesn’t ship early and other things. I enjoyed the first game, but it did have its share of flaws and hopefully the sequel will fix some of them.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
4.2 hours in and I am enjoying the game. I have been wiped out several times as I explore, and much like the way I play roguelikes I dive deep and quick. Doing this lets you learn the ins and outs of the first 6-8 floors quickly. Leaving notes on the map is very helpful, it is something you unlock, and the game's dungeons feel better than in the first game so far.

I give it a score of apple/banana!

If you enjoy blobblers/roguelikes you will love this game.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I pretty much play every game with the hardest difficulty but getting only half xp seems retarded choice. Guess I just play normal and switch to hard if I need to grind mana at some point

ZqBm8sQ.png

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
I pretty much play every game with the hardest difficulty but getting only half xp seems retarded choice. Guess I just play normal and switch to hard if I need to grind mana at some point

ZqBm8sQ.png
What about luck and loot find? Hard would be better for that I assume.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
So I met death. Exceeding the mana capacity of an area will bring in some nasty out of depth monsters. Death will kill you in 1 hit. I was feeling brave. Don't fight him early on.

I am still in the early stages of figuring shit out. I got some sick loot:
O2jefhN.png

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Got the bad ending in 26 hours. If you fuck up ending requirements you can save your game after credits and try again before triggering final cut scene. I have a feeling that I have probably only played 1/3~ of all the content for now.

Story + gameplay is good so far pretty similar to first game with few new gimmicks. Game is not too easy even with "normal" difficulty which is surprising I have died over 10 times (switched to hard after 10h~). For example Undernauts I died 0 times before final boss. I would advice marking your maps when you see suspicious areas such as fences which you can jump over or longer jumps. Otherwise you need to search every map again or use walkthrough.

Also don't sell your "Loot" items these are needed for quests later. You can buy em back or grind em again but the price is like 10x higher than selling price. You probably need to do every one of these quests for "true" ending.

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
Oh shit, I loved Labyrinth of Refrain, didn't know there's a sequel coming up! Time to grab it ASAP

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Finished base story took little bit over 60 hours. Next I would need to do that 3651 floors post game dungeon so Im going to skip that and just watch the ending. My team should be strong enough for it (4 class changes from lvl 99 now so max carry on bonus) but I really cant be arsed.

Overall okay game but worse than Refrain. I was wrong regarding hard mode it gives more xp than normal because of xp carry on bonus is pretty silly on hard.

Good:
- Story is better than your average rpg some few retarded moments there and there
- 40 characters total so with class changes you can really tune your party
- Characters and overall settings
- Difficulty was decent even random encounters can be deadly
- Grinding character lvl 1-99 won't take long probably only 1 hour of grinding late game so class changing is not too tedious.
- Blobber is peak gameplay

Meh:
- Locations and enemies are worse than Refrain. You keep fighting same enemies all over again with different colors even when they could have used enemy sprites from previous game. Refrain had plenty of memorable locations (sea area was my favorite) but I probably don't even remember single location after a year or two from this game
- Combat is quite average and not very tactical
- Itemization is nothing special and not very interesting
- Killing big boy wandering enemies is not worth it don't drop anything special and xp is low

Shit:
- Grinding items might be needed depending on rng even to finish base game
- Quests are trash just fetch quests
- Changing equipment for 40 characters is annoying and every time you do class change you need to set skills again for every character
- Randomly generated areas even in base game and this makes Refrain superior game by default. At least you can skip these if you want but then you will be too weak to finish the base game

Don't see myself replaying this game I would rather play Refrain third time

6.5-7 / 10

Kuruwin

Novice
Finally (yesterday) got chance to start this. My journey started on the wrong foot because I kept accidently walking to pits (probably because I was tired) and other shit and lost lot of money because of it, but I'm making decent progress now. I really don't remember how it was on the first game, but on this one I'm already just putting it constantly to auto battle. It does feel kind confusing to figure out what's happening in battles because the text just flashes by even on normal speed.

Nirvash

Liturgist
This game got way more "nuke your backline" enemies than refrain, my poor mages.
I'm at curio 6 and yes, locations suck ass, is always the same recolored place, with the same dude and birdboss.
Story is... ok, eureka is 100% a teen luca but i feel like i'm missing something about the side characters.

Kuruwin

Novice
Got the bad ending in 26 hours. If you fuck up ending requirements you can save your game after credits and try again before triggering final cut scene. I have a feeling that I have probably only played 1/3~ of all the content for now.

Story + gameplay is good so far pretty similar to first game with few new gimmicks. Game is not too easy even with "normal" difficulty which is surprising I have died over 10 times (switched to hard after 10h~). For example Undernauts I died 0 times before final boss. I would advice marking your maps when you see suspicious areas such as fences which you can jump over or longer jumps. Otherwise you need to search every map again or use walkthrough.

Also don't sell your "Loot" items these are needed for quests later. You can buy em back or grind em again but the price is like 10x higher than selling price. You probably need to do every one of these quests for "true" ending.
I reached this part of the game, but didn't meet the requirments for the second part. Can/do
you need to talk to the chicken
in the "last dungeon" or what to continue?

I intially thought that the super long dungeon would come at this point, but like you said, the game seems to continue for LONG time after this point. I would have been fine just watching the cutscenes from youtube at this point, but there's like twice as much cutscenes on the second portion so i'll guess i have to pick up the game again later.

flyingjohn

Arcane
How bad is the sequel compared to refrain when it comes to magic being practically useless for 2/3 of the game thanks to high mana costs and new magic having passives that increase mana costs?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
magic was very overpowered in refrain and even stronger in this

if u are curious check out refrain speedruns

Nirvash

Liturgist
How bad is the sequel compared to refrain when it comes to magic being practically useless for 2/3 of the game thanks to high mana costs and new magic having passives that increase mana costs?

Is... viable.

You can just copy the spells into different formations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom