Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian cultists reviewing BG1/2 - NOW with IWD:EE reviews

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just Just organize by negative only, press PGDN for a couple of seconds then search with CTRL + F "larian" or "divinity" or "DOS" and be happy.

The reason that most reviews are from STEAM and not GoG is simple. Most people in GoG are giving bad reviews to BG1/2:EE due the Enhanced Edition stuff. In STEAM, most people aren't mentioning it. Also, using CTRL + F is easier in steam as I can load more reviews.

4GTffgP.png

7ZDkF79.png

47hveLO.png

CYal3sn.png

ZxXNsku.png

CHUaiaV.png

bP7jpzH.png

-------------------------

EDIT : now with IWD:EE reviews

71YfwqJ.png

wWkHGH5.png

gP8MQJO.png

---------------------

edit : As predicted, many Larian Cultists brought BG3 and after BG3, checked 2 and 1. Some of their reviews :

gR3JKaT.png

Ya2pKf8.png

6HP5ieW.png

Z8RUi6B.png

ssq5FHi.png

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Ok this is the worst of them all.

>all spells can be used at will with no cooldown
>like a generic FPS - lol faggot obviously doesn't know anything about D&D rules... of any edition
>my mage started at lvl 7 and my thief at 11 - lol dude plays BG2 and is surprised his characters don't start at lvl1? or is he - again - unfamiliar with the D&D rules that give different XP requirements to different classes
>doesn't understand THAC0 lmfao, biggest noob filter
>spent 46 hours in the starting dungeon that, at most, should take 3
>can't memorize scrolls for "no reason" - lol they're probably too high level for his mage but he's too retarded to know about spell levels

Codex Year of the Donut

Ok this is the worst of them all.

>all spells can be used at will with no cooldown
>like a generic FPS - lol faggot obviously doesn't know anything about D&D rules... of any edition
>my mage started at lvl 7 and my thief at 11 - lol dude plays BG2 and is surprised his characters don't start at lvl1? or is he - again - unfamiliar with the D&D rules that give different XP requirements to different classes
>doesn't understand THAC0 lmfao, biggest noob filter
>spent 46 hours in the starting dungeon that, at most, should take 3
>can't memorize scrolls for "no reason" - lol they're probably too high level for his mage but he's too retarded to know about spell levels
strangest part is that the review says "Go play DOS2" but it was reviewed before DOS2 was even released in early access.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
but it was reviewed before DOS2 was even released in early access.

Probably he edited his reivew. IDK.

Probably both.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Truth to be told it really is annoying that there is no AoE range indicator in IE games. I don't get how Bioware and Black Isle could make 5 games in infinity engine and never fix that. That's the first thing all the other companies fixed when they were making their own DnD/pseudo DnD games.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Truth to be told it really is annoying that there is no AoE range indicator in IE games. I don't get how Bioware and Black Isle could make 5 games in infinity engine and never fix that. That's the first thing all the other companies fixed when they were making their own DnD/pseudo DnD games.

Yep. Also Beamdog should have added it. But no, putting awful companions like Hexxat is more important for then... Dark Sun had AoE indicator and is much older than BG.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

Yep. Also Beamdog should have added it. But no, putting awful companions like Hexxat is more important for then... Dark Sun had AoE indicator and is much older than BG.
3q0pguyc8ds1.jpg

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm not the first to say it but Belgium has no right being a country.

It's all the French and Dutch's fault.
  • France failed at world domination and upset everyone, so everyone decided to dig trenches in the form of "buffer states" between them and France as an early warning system.
  • Meanwhile, the Dutch had this really annoying southern bit that liked to revolt all the time, so in the hope of teaching those upstart southern bastards a lesson and/or being left the fuck alone, they locked them into a country with a group they would like even less; the French. You could call it an early attempt at battle-royale.
No one could've guessed THIS would've been the result.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Truth to be told it really is annoying that there is no AoE range indicator in IE games.
I disagree. If you know the exact area of a fireball, you can abuse it too much, e.g. tank all enemies just centimeters away from damage, but let all the enemies take it. That's too contrived and OP. The entire idea of uncertainty and precautions when launching a fireball makes it like playing with fire. Great, that's exactly how it's intended.

Codex Year of the Donut
Truth to be told it really is annoying that there is no AoE range indicator in IE games.
I disagree. If you know the exact area of a fireball, you can abuse it too much. Tank all enemies just centimeters away from damage, but let all the enemies take it. That's too contrived and OP.
"playing the game as the rules were written lets you abuse it"
'k

Orud

Scholar
Patron
I disagree. If you know the exact area of a fireball, you can abuse it too much, e.g. tank all enemies just centimeters away from damage, but let all the enemies take it. That's too contrived and OP. The entire idea of uncertainty and precautions when launching a fireball makes it like playing with fire. Great, that's exactly how it's intended.
Tabletop disagrees.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Last time I played the EEs, you could show AoE indicators by adding SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Show AOE','1') in your baldur.lua file.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Tabletop disagrees.
"The myth of consensual gameplay. He agrees, she agrees, tabletop disagrees." Who cares.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
I wouldn't call it OP then, rather a limitation of the time that has been rectified in many games that came after the Baldur's Gate series.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I wouldn't call it OP then, rather a limitation of the time that has been rectified in many games that came after the Baldur's Gate series.
There's zero good isometric RPGs that came after the IE games. "Rectified". You're probably one of the authors of these reviews. Enjoy the rectifications from Larian.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Relevancy?
The IE games are D&D games. Or at least they're supposed to be. Every rule change by the designers because they thought they knew better (of which there are many) was detrimental. Tabletop rules should've been king.
It's like saying that all movie actors must say the exact phrases from books, because "books should be king". It's an adaptation, so no, it shouldn't. Gameplay should be king. And it is in BG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom