Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Larian/Riftrunner editted log ready!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Beyond Divinity; Larian Studios

Here's the <A href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=73">editted log file</a> of the developer chat with those groovy <a href="Http://www.larian.com">Larian</a> people who are working really hard on <a href="http://www.riftrunner.com">Riftrunner</a>, but not too hard to stay up all night chatting with us and their fans. Just check this out:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>[Saint_Proverbius]</b> Welp, that's a wrap. Unless Larian people have anything else to conclude the thing with?
<br>
<b>[Lar]</b> Not for me. I'm literally falling of my chair over here. Thanks for your interest guys - to larian members, see you tomorrow.
<br>
<b>[Thorun]</b> oh, we can go on...
<br>
<b>[Exitium]</b> yes thank you for participating
<br>
<b>[Lynn]</b> We don't have to go, Thorun ;)
<br>
<b>[Thorun]</b> nope!
<br>
<b>[Spazmo]</b> So more questions?
<br>
<b>[Lynn]</b> Sorry guys if we were a little slow, but we are tired - it's 3 in the night over here - but we do want to answer some more questions
<br>
<b>[Thorun]</b> Now i'm filled with so much coke light, even if i tried to sleep now...
<br>
<b>[Spazmo]</b> Okay--you asked for it!
<br>
<b>[Spazmo]</b> <b><U>[Threepchoad]</U></b> How replayable is the game?
<br>
<b>[Lynn]</b> uh...
<br>
<b>[Thorun]</b> that is hard to answer
<br>
<b>[Lynn]</b> Fredric?
<br>
<b>[Thorun]</b> depends on your playing style i'd say...
<br>
<b>[valtar]</b> how fast do you forget ???
<br>
<b>[valtar]</b> :)
<br>
<b>[Fredric]</b> i think it is definitely replayable
<br>
<b>[Lynn]</b> some people did replay DD many times where as
<br>
<b>[Lynn]</b> others didnt - so I guess that'll be the same for RR
<br>
<b>[Fredric]</b> there are different ways to develop your character
<br>
<b>[Fredric]</b> aénd the battlefields will make sure the scenery changes...
<br>
<b>[Relex]</b> you can replay it as much as you want, you can make sooo many combinations!
<br>
<b>[Lynn]</b> yes, that's for sure
<br>
<b>[Lynn]</b> --]</b> to the battlefields
<br>
<b>[Fredric]</b> plus there are alot of hidden things which you won't all find the first time...
<br>
<b>[Thorun]</b> and beautiful eastereggs...
<br>
<b>[Lynn]</b> we like hiding stuff ;)
<br>
<b>[Fredric]</b> next?</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Now that's just cool. See, I was winding it down, and they said to keep going, even though it was 4AM there. I <3 <a href="http://www.larian.com">Larian</a>.

Realbumpbert

Liturgist
[Exitium] [Threepchoad] How would you react if they turned your game into a console platformer?
[Thorun] playit?
[Thorun] probably make a lot of money with it!
[Lynn] I would be very happy
[Fredric] i'd like it...
[Relex] why not?
[Thorun] Waht? playing or money?
[Fredric] next?

:?

Well, they sure seem nice, and I've heard good things about Divine Divinity. The information on (randomly?) generated quests and landscapes, in spite of its vague quality, gives me cause for optimism. Still, I didn't read much that made the game seem like more than just hack&slash. Eh, time will tell.

Better to be pessimistic than to have your high hopes crushed! :D

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
There was a part on noncombat quests and stuff. Apparently there's a lot less combat than in DivDiv, which is a good thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom