Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Holy Cow

53637-179085-GodEmperorjpg-620x.jpg

The Emperor is dead. The Golden Throne is silent. The Astronomican has darkened. The Cadian Gate has been overrun by the Despoiler, and the entire sector has been lost. The Imperium has fallen.

Warp travel has been disrupted, and the Eldar have fled to their craftworlds, fearful that without the God-Emperor's shield the Devourer will soon find them. The galaxy is in uproar. Sector-to-Sector communication no longer works; The Administratum has been fragmented. The Adeptus Astra Telepathica have managed to sustain local network communication-and-guidance relays, but they are erratic and most ships that venture into the Warp are lost to it. The Imperial Guard no longer serves a purpose; they do not know what they are guarding.

The Imperium is at its knees, crippled, headless. The High Lords of Terra scurry around like ants without a queen. Many of the Astartes Chapters don't even know what is happening; their battlebarges too few, too far. The Inquisition itself has been dealt a deathly blow; without its information network, heresy runs rampant. The Tyrant Star has been sighted far from its sector of origin. The Techpriests in Mars have succumbed to holy fervor and now openly worship the Omnissiah as a separate entity from the Emperor, and say it lays in the bowels of their planet.

In the gloom of space, there is no hope. No shelter. There is only war. But it is a war without form, a war amongst shadows. No-one knows where the first blow will hit, from whose hand it will come. The scattered worlds of the Imperium stand in dread as they await their destiny, the corrupting influences of Chaos already manifested en masse.

Yet Chaos itself is weakened; something other than the Ruinous Powers roams the Immaterium, and the Traitor Legions have been battling a formless terror ever since the Emperor's demise. Not even the Gods themselves know what else lies in the coldest, deepest darkness of the dead stars that lie half in this world and half in the next.

In the grim darkness of the 42nd millenium, there is only horror.

ACT 1

You have chosen to lead a Space Marines Chapter into uncertain glory and uncertain doom onto Cadia. No calling is higher than that of the Adeptus Astartes, the Emperor's Chosen. May your deeds live on forever.

Update I: IT IS BETTER TO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN TO LIVE FOR YOURSELF

Update II: IT IS BETTER TO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN TO LIVE FOR YOURSELF PART DEUX

Update III: IT IS BETTER TO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN TO LIVE FOR YOURSELF PART TROIKA

Update IV: IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT

Update V: DEPTHS OF DEPRAVITY

Update VI: HE WHO FIGHTS MONSTERS

Update VII: NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT

Update VIII: TOMBSTONE

Update IX: IMPERIAL MARCH

Update X: ENEMY AT THE GATES

Update XI: EXTREME MEASURES

Update XII: THE RIGHT CHOICE

Update XIII: DEATHLESS LEGIONS

Update XIV: FIRST TO FIGHT THE XENOS

Update XV: HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB

Update XVI: SOMETHING ROTTEN IN THE IMPERIUM OF MAN

Update XVII: THE BLACK SHIPS

Update XVIII: UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCES

Update XIX: WAR MACHINE

Update XX: SPACE HULK

Update XXI: ROLL OUT

Update XXII: LET'S PLAY A LITTLE GAME OF YOU

Update: XXIII: DAWN OF WAR

Update XXIV: IT CAME FROM OUTSIDE

Update XXV: CHAOS RISING

Update XXVI: THE LONGEST DAY

Update XXVII: LOOK UPON MY WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR

Update XVIII: TRICKERY

Update XXIX: DIVIDE ET IMPERA

Update XXX: THE LHO-STICK SMOKING MAN

Update XXXI: SUB UMBRA ALARUM TUARUM

Update XXXII: NO GODS, NO MASTERS

EXTRAS:

Brother-Commander's Journal, 998.M41

SPACE MARINES CHAPTER: EXTERMINATING ANGELS

THE GRIM REAPER'S TALE

THE LORE KEEPER'S TALE

THE RECLUSIARCH ASCENDANT

THE RED CYCLOPS

STAR GODS

ACT 2

You have chosen to take the role of Lord Sector Calixis while you struggle to keep the last working sector in the Imperium from falling into chaos while you battle intrigue at every turn. May your choices prove wise.

PROLOGUE: ALL THE WORLD'S COMING TO CALIXIS

Update I: THE LORD CALIXIS

Update II: A QUESTION OF TRUST

Update III: OF MALFI AND MEN

Update IV: BLOODY MURDER

Update V: DARK DREAMS UPON THE HEART

Update VI: IN HIS CITY BENEATH THE WAVES, MARIUS HAX LIES DREAMING

UPDATE VII: DAMNED IF YOU DO, DAMNED IF YOU DON'T

UPDATE VIII: A GAME OF GODS

UPDATE IX: DARK PASSENGER

UPDATE X: TASTE IN MEN

UPDATE XI: FROM DAWN TO DUSK

UPDATE XII: FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

UPDATE XIII: A SHADOW OUT OF TIME

UPDATE XIV: FIRESTORM OVER CALIXIS

UPDATE XV: THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE

UPDATE XVI: THE STORM OF THE EMPEROR'S WRATH

UPDATE XVII: BONFIRE OF VANITIES

UPDATE XVIII: SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

UPDATE XIX: THE ROAD TO HELL

UPDATE XX: A GENTLEMAN'S GAME

UPDATE XXI: OUT OF THE FRYING PAN

UPDATE XXII: AND INTO THE FIRE

UPDATE XXIII: THE TRIAL OF MARIUS HAX - PART 1

UPDATE XIV: THE TRIAL OF MARIUS HAX - PART 2

UPDATE XV: THE TRIAL OF MARIUS HAX - PART 3

UPDATE XVI: INNOCENCE PROVES NOTHING

UPDATE XVII: WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE

UPDATE XVIII: HIS RED RIGHT HAND

UPDATE XIX: GHOSTS IN THE MACHINE

UPDATE XXX: BAND OF BROTHERS

EXTRAS:

THE GREAT ENEMY'S CHILDREN

THE BETRAYER'S TALE

THE BLUE SCRIBES OF TZEENTCH

THE FORGES OF MARS

CADIAN WALTZ

THE NECRONTYR'S TALE

A 'WHAT IF' ENDING: BRAVE NEW WORLD

INTERLUDE: A SIX PART ADVENTURE WITH A BAND OF BROTHERS!

I: ENEMY MINE

II: ETERNAL DARKNESS

III: A FATHER TO HIS MEN

IV: THE HEART OF THE SWARM

V: ALL OF LIFE FEARS THE REAPER

VI: DELIVERANCE

EXTRA:

THE WORD OF GOD

ACT 3

The Imperium rises from its ashes more poweful than ever before, but the Emperor's new policies are a fary cry from the grim darkness that tinted the galaxy in the last millenia. What will happen when the inexorable march of progress goes against the very real superstition it so desperately tries to deny?

UPDATE 0: PROLOGUE

UPDATE I: THE IMPERIUM OF MAN

UPDATE II: THE BOYZ ARE BACK

UPDATE III: GORK'LL GET 'EM

UPDATE IV: ONE LAST TIME UNTO THE BREACH

UPDATE V: USE OF WEAPONS

UPDATE VI: JUDGEMENT

UPDATE VII: SCOURGE OF GOD

UPDATE VIII: VALHALLA BURNING

UPDATE IX: BIG DEATH

UPDATE X: EBBS AND TIDES

UPDATE XI: EXCESSION

UPDATE XII: A TALE OF TWO WILLS

UPDATE XIII: TOTAL WAR

UPDATE XIV: UNFORESEEN CONSEQUENCES

UPDATE XV: FACTION CHOICE

UPDATE XVI: AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO FEAR

UPDATE XVII: PHALANX

UPDATE XVIII: GREEN FIELDS OF RYNN

UPDATE XIX: ALL IN A DAY'S WORK

UPDATE XX: SHIPPING UP TO CHARADON

UPDATE XXI: THE EMPEROR'S JUDGEMENT

UPDATE XXII: THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD

EXTRAS

THE DRAGON AND SAINT GEORGE

FAVOURED SON

WARMASTER

CHAOS UNDIVIDED

THREADS OF FATE

THREADS OF FATE - PART 2

THREADS OF FATE - PART 3: DEUS EX MACHINA

ACT 4

You are Warmaster Jeremiah, supreme leader of the Fourteenth and Final Black Crusade. Bring the Imperium to its knees, spread the word of Chaos, or die trying.

UPDATE I: INTO THE STORM

UPDATE II: ONE STEP FROM HELL

UPDATE III: LET THE GALAXY BURN

UPDATE IV: HARLEQUIN'S KISS

UPDATE V: THE LORD CALIXIS' LEGACY

UPDATE VI: WAVE OF MUTILATION

UPDATE VII: REVELATION

UPDATE VIII: THE CRIMSON KING

UPDATE IX: MALCADOR'S LAST GIFT

UPDATE X: ONE LAST TIME

UPDATE XI: MACHINE MESSIAH

UPDATE XII: EPITAPH

UPDATE XIII: DARKEST HOUR

UPDATE XIV: APOCALYPSE

EXTRA:

ALL IS DUST

THE CRAVEN GOD

QUOTH THE RAVING

EPILOGUE

Against an enemy that could be negotiated with for our advantage, I would choose raising another Empire on our own planet.

Without the easy pickings of the Imperium of Man already at its knees and awaiting the deathblow, I would choose to fight for the glory for the Chaos Gods.

As things stand, our only option is to reforge our empire, just as the Emporer intended before he was imprisoned in the Golden Throne. For the Chapter, and for Mankind!

grotsnik

Arcane
The Imperium is strong only when it has an enemy to hate; only when it has unsurmountable odds facing it; only when everyone from the lowest ganger to the wealthiest governor fears the whisper from the outer darkness. When the Imperium is safe, it is divided.

S-so it is for the sake of the Imperium, and not myself, that I pledge my service to you...Lord Tzeentch.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Necrons have resurrected the Emperor, and now he runs amok with a gauss-flail (don't ask how) in the warp, slaughtering demons and gods alike.

There. Spoiled it all for ya. :smug:

One vote for the insignificant little gnats, the Imperial Guard. For the lulz.

Cassidy

Arcane
A) The prophecy tells that once the first god-Emperor of mankind has finally served his final duty, and ITZ beckons within the Imperium of Man, in Continentum Australia of Holy Terra, deep within a bunker, rests the new god-Emperor who shall rise the Imperium of Man to its former glory with the support of the Adeptus Astartes, who obviously were genetically modified under the model of the Neanderthal ubermensch.

His name is:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

*Edit:

And he shall start the:

SPACE NEANDERTHALS CHAPTER

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom