Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
root said:
oh, shit, did you really do that? you're my new favorite 2010 poster!

:love:

what do you want in return? ask, and ye shall receive!

By the true name of The Changer of Ways, root grant me ability to CHANGE (or choose) the result of voting as I see it fit once during the whole game. So if the other bros vote B and I vote A and I say that I use this power the result is A no matter what.

I can use this ability once, but in any voting and if there is more than one choice in an update I get to change all of them and face the :rage: of the Codex.

Also, if not used in this act this skill goes on to act 3, 4, 5 and so on.

Mrowak

Arcane
root said:
Your wish is granted. However, your ability shall be limited to chapter two.

Damn, so I won't be able to rig Chaos for act 3 Nevermind ;)

And I'm not too sure about you being able to change all the votes if it's multiple choices. Are you sure that is what you want? You could ask for information. You could ask to see into the future. You could ask to see what the other factions are doing. You could ask for more power. Answer the lure of Chaos. ask for anything. You shall receive.

The thing is that would all be meta-gaming knowledge completely useless to Hax, unless you come up with an event where he sees into the future or something... Nah, that's not interesting at all. If this is an investigation we should stick to more reliable means of cognition than vile sorcery that will bite our arses in the end... even Ahriman knows that :roll:

The only thing I want now is to push Hax through the hell Codex is going to make his life into with sanity relatively intact... Things are certainly not looking too good for our governor.

All you want is rig a voting? how...well, i'll let you think on that for a bit

Yeah, I will consider my options. Will give you my decision later... Have you got yourself any ideas what I can ask for?

anyway, indexed everything without a hitch. many thanks, brother mrowak. i am forever in your debt.

:salute:

desocupado

Magister
root said:
i don't think Chaos will even be available as a Choice in act 3 since it lost in both Act 1 and 2

clearly the codex is far more kind-hearted and exuberant than it lets on

How is voting for the Imperium is kind-hearted and exuberant?

They have summary executions, they (used to) kill thousands of innocents to keep the Emperor alive, they exterminate whole planets...

A vote for Eldar, THAT'S kind-hearted and exuberant.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
3108 said:
All updates cancelled until I re-acquire an identity. I cannot write without a persona.

But now you have been brought closer to the machine perfection which your body craves

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The imperium will not grow to become a puppet, dancing at the whims of a c'tan god. If we are truly worthy of becoming the new emperor we will find another solution to our predicament. Or we will perish knowing that we saved(or at least tried to) the imperium from the deceiver and his ilk.

B

/Jaedar

Mrowak

Arcane
Damnation! Deceiver!!! grrrrr... If it were Chaos I might even consider teaming up with it, faced with these odds, counting on some whim of fate to change our predicament... But the fucker who one way or another will turn us into a mindless pariah at best, or Bioware fan at worst?

It seems obvious that if we want this act to continue we must pick A. B probably will land us death then and there but to hell with it... or maybe not. Maybe root will allow us to have a few more updates and do things our own way. Those halo devices work pretty slow, it will take a few years before they change us into retard. In that case we will be able to focus our efforts on stabilising the sector and fortifying it into bastion of mankind. Our heroe has nothing to lose anymore, if he plays it well enough he can do it before burning himself to ashes so as to prevent forced 'resurection'.

Unless this is some "enhanced" model of a halo device that we were given and transformation will take merely months instead of years.

Anyway, although this is going to be lawful stupid decision I say B!. Screw fucking Xenos!! We didn't take orders from anyone and we shan't do that now even in our darkest hour!

Mrowak

Arcane
root said:
Mrowak said:

he can't turn you into a pariah. marius doesn't have the genetic modification needeed.

I was more referring to us lowering ourselves to pariah-like servitude to a fucking XENO!!!

There is only right way out of this - the EXTREME!!! way! Need I tell again which of them it is?

Baltika

Educated
---B---.

Giving into the Deciever will mean that the Imperium will, most likely, become the second Necrontyr Empire. That, and I cannot remember the last time hubris and mad bids for godhood done anyone any good.

desocupado

Magister
You give us a blind choice root. A man like Marius would be burning to know what does the deceiver gains with helping him, and what price he would have to pay for his help.

Informatiion entails some degree of control, and he has none.

As it stands, I pick "B". Nothing is free, and buying without knowing the cost is foolishness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom