Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

I dunno which version I have, but I just select tools - marking tool - then mark the text I want and then copypaste it. Or you could always post it as an image.

Gondolin

Arcane
That should work as well. Problem is that he has to copy eight pages from the Disciples of the Dark Gods book. Would've been easier with text.
_______

Gondolin

Gondolin

Arcane
Fuck this. Here you go, root.

halodevices01.jpg

halodevices02.jpg

halodevices03.jpg

halodevices04.jpg

halodevices05.jpg

halodevices06.jpg

halodevices07.jpg

_____
Gondolin

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for the lore dump!

May we assume that now we know about the ring as much as Hax does after reding that inquisition book? Or do we know less or more about the device then he does?

Gondolin

Arcane
You're welcome Yaar, root. Lore before hoes for my bros. :brofist:

and really, is it all that bad, living forever in exchange for drinking blood and bathing in the sun's radiation? it's like being a vampire with a permatan and no emofaggotry. come on people, you should be glad.

Don't get me wrong, the deal doesn't sound all that bad. Problem is that we've been tricked into this shit by a creature who now tells us that it has the best interests of the Imperium at hear. And that we're supposed to, you know... trust it.

Do I need to mention that we're HIGHLY blackmailable right now and will remain so until the fuckin' end? And that A LOT of people would be more than happy to kill us should they figure out what's going on?
________

Gondolin

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
root said:
and really, is it all that bad, living forever in exchange for drinking blood and bathing in the sun's radiation? it's like being a vampire with a permatan and no emofaggotry. come on people, you should be glad.
You forgot the insanity part. That's really the main drawback.

I guess this rules out any sort of alliance with the inquisition... After all, if only one of them sees what we are and recognizes it we'll be fucked.

desocupado

Magister
Oh, I just remember this. After that Inquisitor saw the ring, we should start wearing gloves ASAP.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
If I understand the lore correctly, we do not live forever as ourselves. At some point, an alien identity takes completely over, and nothing remains of the host.

Still, that takes decades. I'd take the deal, hoping that in the last possible second that I retain some vestiges of humanity, I'd throw myself in a furnace (or, given the setting and the possibility of ressurection even after being reduced to ashes, board a private space faring vessel and set course for the core of the nearest star).

lightbane

Arcane
There goes our chance of redemption, our humanity, any possibility of becoming allies with the Inquisition and maybe even the Imperium.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Feh, weak and full of fear persons who voted A...

I hope that Hax will get opportunity to screw the Deceiver over at some point in the future.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Oh crap.... Oh well, its nice to see Hax isn't a pussy and can do what it takes to earn the respect of even a god. :salute:
It seems we have reached the next state of corruption of the halo device though... most troublesome.

I think we should grant the Tyrantborn what they crave, and make them citizens. It really isn't like this will make us unable to use them for slavery and cannon fodder and what have you. After doing this, we must request that the Tyrantborn leader of Iocanthos's army swear allegiance to us and use his influence to quell the rebellion of Sepheris. If that fails launch the attack with the Malfians as rebellion must be stopped at any cost lest we appear weak.

Beyond that, we should send support to the Manufactoriums, if we are to go to full scale war against chaos and the emperor knows what else we cannot afford to lose them.

As for the Phaenonites ... let the Inquisition deal with them.

I feel like I'm missing something, what are the drawbacks for making Tyrantborn into citizens really?

This is getting more extreme by the minute.... Although, if we knew we had the stuff capable of killing a god I think people might have chosen differently.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
root said:
they are mutants, and most of them serve no purpose (unlike the tyrantborn navigators/astropaths)

here is an excerpt from the imperial creed about mutants

"kill the mutant"
True

But I wonder if we have any real alternatives. We have to get access to the combat drugs or we are presumably quite doomed. And the useful ones might rebel if we kill all the other ones. Couldn't we put them on probation for citizenship or somesuch? Preferably while we research some kind of biological agent that targets their specific genetic structure and then deploy it when its finished. A vaccine must be deployed on the useful ones first of course, but that should be easy.

Maybe we could bluff the army leader though... make him resume the plant export as a show of good faith. It is what any good citizen would do after all.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Interesting. I generally like your writing, Root, and I see occasional glimpses of real talent in that area. Making giving TEH DECEIVER an indigestion feel like a huge and XXXTREME victory is no small feat :salute: .

Enough sucking up to the game master, there are choices to be made!

Our Manufactoria are way, way too important to leave vulnerable, or trust their defense to the inbred monkeys of the Inquisition (even if successful, it would give the Ordos a very inconvienient sway over the Forge Worlds). Bring the full might of the Imperium of Man against the heretical scum.

I do not think for a moment that Hax believes in that crap about becoming the next Emperor the Deceiver tried to sell him, but he is the Lord of the sole Sector that hasn't fallen apart following the Emperor's demise, and for all intents and purposes, he decides what imperial creed is in these desperate times. He could grant the Tyrantborn citizenship if that would bring peace and prosperity to the Sector.

The thing is, I'm not sure it would. Strife and social uprising is what the Tyrantborn are born to do. They may take advantage of existing social injustices to start their rebellions, but for them it is not about the cause, it is about the fight tself. Grant them their current demands, and you can be sure they'll find another reason to start trouble before long.

Still, citizenship is a priviledge, but not a shield. It certainly doesn't protect a group from being purged with extreme prejudice when they become more trouble than they are worth. With this in mind, I say we do grant them citizenship to earn at least a temporary reprieve on that front.

That of course, might give the rebels more political power, but such is life. On that front, do nothing, and later support whoever wins, most likely the rebels. If you need to placate the nobles in that regard, blame your lack of timely intervention on the Queen's behalf on logistical difficulties in light of our other battle front on the Forge Worlds or something like that, and explain that now that the rebels are, regretably to be sure, in power, you have to do business with them (trust in Hax' L33T speech skillz).

tl;dr

Let the rebel situation resolve itself.

Grant citizenship to the Tyrantborn.

Kill whoever attacked our Forge Worlds with extreme prejudice.

desocupado

Magister
About the full scale rebellion in Sepheris Secundus, first we should go or send someone to analyse the situation, and see if it can be solved diplomaticaly, by adressing some of the demands without upsetting the status quo too much. At the same time, we should see what can be gained by leaving the rebellion alone. And those Malfian Imperial Guard regiments, aren't those under our control? I tought the Malfians only had PDF under their command.

EDIT: I re-read the part about the Malfian Imperial Guard regiments in a previous update. But it doesn't make much sense. If the Malfians invade the place, aren't they commiting treason? And if they do, isn't it our job to send the whole might of the Imperium to anihilate them? Why would they do that? Can you explain that in more detail root?

The problem in Iocantos is more delicate. I think that giving Imperial citizenship to all mutants is a dangerous move, because it might anger the general populace, and the Inquisition too. On the other hand, there is the issue with the useful tyrantborns and the combat drugs. I say we behave as before, try a diplomatic approach first. But unlike before this should be defused and force should be used like a last resort only. Maybe we can offer to ship them to some remote planet, where the discrimination isn't that widespread, with the promise that there they will be left more or less "alone".

Finally, I see no reason not to send the Imperial Guard to eliminate those Phaenonites. I am assuming, of course, that the radical branch of the Inquisition is far less expressive than the ortodox one. Perhaps it would be good if using some excuse, we sent notice to the Inquisition that we are going to intervene, and then feel their reactions.

Baltika

Educated
Forge Worlds: Contact both the Mechanicus and, especially, the Inquisition (they are worse then a psychopathically possesive wife on PMS), and do be sure to lend full Imprerial Guard support.

Rebellion: Support the rebels. Weak monarchs that cannot keep their serf, er, people in line are not tolerated in a Statist government. And do be sure the other nobles get it. Now that the chance to come out of this with a pure, unstained soul are gone, might as well play Uncle Joe.

And as for the Tyrantborn: do grant them the citizenship. And do start promoting Hax as a "Friend of the poeple."

P.S. About the Phaenonites: do try to capture at least ten experts. Since they dabble in Warp-tech, we might as well use them to distill more liquid chaos, and to invent another way of injecting it into another being, namely the Deciever. And, of course, other weapons that channel Chaos against him.

Baltika

Educated
And to my fellow posters: do abandon any hope and notion about th possibility of redeeming Hax. The ones who voted "A" made sure we're screwed in that regard.

Sepheris Secundus: send emissaries to tyrantborn there. send emissaries to the queen there. Make sure both sides cripple each other so that you can replace the queen (as a punishment for incompetence) with someone who you can control better and that tyrantborn get thinned out. Offer the tyrant born stuff described in next paragraph, preferably forming IG unit out of them on SS. While doing that send spies to monitor Malfian forces. Don't send in the troops, use trickery instead. If unrest shows up in malfian forces try to manufacture some smaller conflict on another planet and send them there to keep them busy and hopefully fark up Malfian plans. In tl;dr - divide and conquer.

Iocanthos & Tyrant born: "Service guarantees citizenship". The muties are rebelling because they have nothing to do. That needs to be changed. Form IG units, under your direct command consisting of tyrantborn. There's already a precedent with ogryns & others. Treat them as all other IG units. Make sure they are sent on dangerous missions though, to thin up their ranks. Those who survive get citizenship and post far away from their original home, in some backwater - that way they will have harder time making trouble. Those who get citizenship should be treated good though, and used as propaganda tools. This plan is not a fast solution, to get all the benefits we will have to wait years if not decades.

Lathes: first, send agents to sniff around and get more facts. Refrain from overt actions until you know more. Additional thing I would do, to appease Tyrantborn - get that astropath some IG + an "experimental" unit of tyrant born. Use them as model for future Iocanthos units and maybe as a proving ground for promising muties. If all goes well you may have some good officers out of it, that can be assigned to Iocanthos later (once again, keeping them from home).

TL;DR
Work subtly, divide and conquer, use your own military assets only when there is no other possibilities. It's better to let the dogs bite each other than have them all bark at you.

eklektyk

Erudite
roll-a-die said:
Yaar speaks the truuf, that's the most tactically sound decision I've seen.

words of wisdom.

more IG units will be useful and they will provide ways to siphon dynamic tyrantborn and create them oportunity for social advancement

and first we need more info - send spies/assasins/whatnot before we commit regular military units to ambigous and unstable places

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom