Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

I feel that many posters here think about racial purity in a very modern, multicultish way... I mean, using the tyrantborn as a propaganda tool? Appearing as the friend of the people by befriending the tyrantborn? How, exactly? "Look at me, I make mutants live alongside with ordinary humans!". It'd be like a medieval Indian king boasting about how he integrated dalits into the rest of society. Outrage is assured to follow.

But, the "citizenship by service" idea is good. Divide and conquer; promote some of the tyrantborn into a higher class and make them resent the others. Perhaps even let tyrantborn enter competitions, and let the most patriotic get a special status and a badge. Make sure that the only way to win is to harm the others in some way. This way we can make them police each others.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not-terribly mutated folks are already integrated in imperial society, i.e. Ogryns, Navigators etc. Thing is they are tolerated because in any larger numbers they are kept separated from average joes. The same thing I'm proposing with creating special IG units (which, if rising any kind of ruckus, could be easily "lost in transfer", completely accidentally, yes sir).

I don't want Hax to go and blabber about giving privileges to filthy mutants. I don't want this being publicly heralded. Announcement must be made but try to contain it inside mutant born circles.

It may prove required to do an execution or ten for some human or mutant malcontents, but, in my opinion, that would be a small price to pay for sector stability and increase of Hax's own power.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I agree with Yaar on most accounts, a good plan of action.

Still, I don't think divide and conquer should be applied to the planet in rebellion. We don't want the Queen to lose strength as we need her to be able to defend the planet and keep it running. Is there any possibility of deploying non-malf IG to solve the situation? Assuming that the Tyrantborn don't all drop their weapons and join the army of course.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean putting them into IG not because they are stronger, smarter etc. I want IG units of them to give them something to do, give them an alternative to rebelling and provide a path that they can follow to obtain what they want, i.e. fair treatment. Also, we can control them much easier. Let them perform same duties as normal humans, it already shows equal treatment. And you may get a talented officer out of it too. Just make sure the commissars assigned to those units have balls and full clips of ammo in their pistols.

If it is necessary to mix tyrant born and humans in IG units make sure human parts are of the more expendable sort.

Psykers: follow standard imperial practice. If we can sanction them - good, if not - burn them. They should be treated exactly as other psykers.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
root said:
ogryns have a reason for being in the IG, tho. they're strong and dum

common tyrantborn are no different from normal folks
And there are plenty of normal folk in the Imperial Guard is there not? We should make sure to forcefully conscript all the leaders of the tyrantborn so as to destroy their communities, since we can't fudge the recruitment enough to recruit all tyrantborn can we?

desocupado

Magister
root, how many are the tyrantborn? Is it 1 in 10? 1 in 1000? Their numbers dictate what can be done about them. I don't think that granting them citizenship is a good option, "kill the mutant" after all.

Jaedar said:
We should make sure to forcefully conscript all the leaders of the tyrantborn so as to destroy their communities, since we can't fudge the recruitment enough to recruit all tyrantborn can we?

Forcefully conscript - no. Approach via our agents the most prominent leaders. Offer them something nice so that they will advocate joining IG to their people. Make sure you contact several leaders and place those who agree to cooperate in positions that will require them competing with each other. They are no different than humans in the matter of greed and power hunger I assume? Idea is to make the politically minded individuals get politics they like, while keeping their attention away from us, while also providing enough problems to prevent them from gaining too much real power. Getting more troops that are expendable is good too.

I'm trying to be as Hax-like as possible. Root wrote that he cares mostly about stability and efficiency and I feel that my proposal would help achieving both. I'm not trying to make him into some mutant or xeno-lover, despite stupid votes people made (and root still wrote Hax as a total badass who is not going to kiss any ass). Use the resources you have, adapt to the current situation and try to set up your position to be as strong as possible in the future.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
We should send whatever troops and supplies Lathes needs to resume operation ASAP, as I advocated before.

As for the pollen... we have to hope our speech skill is good enough to convince the general guy that the privileges we are offering the tyrantborn are good enough to make him back down. We could even let him remain in command if we really have to, but he will still have to answer to his superiors.

As for the rebellion, if the tyrantborn privileges don't stop it(they won't) I think we should just deploy the malfians guardsmen. If they try something.... we still have the blackmail opportunity don't we?

Yaar seems to like Divide and Conquer but I dunno... that seems like a longterm strategy to me and I am not sure we have the time.

I suspect the consensus is a bit more X-treme than my opinion though.

desocupado

Magister
I think that pampering the mutants is going to make us unpopular with the nobles and the population in general, also the Inquisition. I think the matter should be dealt diplomaticaly, but quickly and quietly, and I don't discard the use of force if necessary. Adress some demands, offer something, but without being a "mutant lover".

I do agree with Vaar in some points, but he seems much too eager to give the mutants what they want.

If we need a military intervention in Sepheris Secundos, do we have only those Malfarian troops? If so, we gotta solve this diplomaticaly. Favor either the Queen or the mutants, whichever gives estability to the sector and more control for us in the future, but in case of a tie, go with the Queen, to preserve the status quo.

The thing at Lathes seems more clear cut. Send some investigators, along with necessary troops. Let's burn those heretics and get the place running again.

Baltika

Educated
I'll remind you that it would be more benficial to capture some of the phaenonite researchers, to distill more Liquid Chaos and invent other chaos-unleashing weaponry for leverage agains tthe Deciever. It can be a double-edged sword, but I think the risk is worth the reward.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Baltika said:
I'll remind you that it would be more benficial to capture some of the phaenonite researchers, to distill more Liquid Chaos and invent other chaos-unleashing weaponry for leverage agains tthe Deciever. It can be a double-edged sword, but I think the risk is worth the reward.

The problem with this course of action is that you'd need to make the whole Deceiver thing known to the people manufacturing these new weapons. If you don't, people will call you some kind of heretic for making Warp weapons. If you do, it's a big risk if the Deceiver finds out what you're doing.

Also, weakness or not, if the C'tan knows you're a direct threat to him, he'll rip you to shreds before you can even raise your sword.

Reject_666_6 said:
The problem with this course of action is that you'd need to make the whole Deceiver thing known to the people manufacturing these new weapons. If you don't, people will call you some kind of heretic for making Warp weapons. If you do, it's a big risk if the Deceiver finds out what you're doing.

Also, weakness or not, if the C'tan knows you're a direct threat to him, he'll rip you to shreds before you can even raise your sword.

I think there is no "if" here. The Deceiver fell for our little stunt once and was appropriately amused by it. He's smart enough not to fall for it a second time.

I'm absolutely sure that he keeps an eye on us all the time and we wouldn't be able to hide such action from him at all. Besides, root wrote what would happen if Deceiver got too much of warp - destruction on massive scale. It also wouldn't kill him.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
root said:
but sepheris secundus...still unsure. how you're gonna put down the rebeillion? you're gonna offer them to become IG too? why would they care? they are miners, they just don't want to choke to death every week.
I'm advocating killing them if they don't surrender, how else do you quell a rebellion? But I believe we should try a diplomatic approach first like giving them some better food or something if they go back to mining. Naturally, we will pay for this by reducing the privileges of the Queen(as punishment for letting it happen in the first place).

Darth Roxor said:
We could contact Space Marines to come quell the rebellion of the evil mutants :smug:

Just be sure to call in Angry Marines or similar and not some sissy, indecisive, weak and heretical chapter like the one from Act I ;)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This thread needs more angry marines

Hell_Yeah_by_Gannadene.jpg

And yeah, I guess I also agree with the general plan. Wipe out the rebels if they refuse to surrender and tell the other Tyrantborn that if they wish to become 'respected' they better do something fucking useful and conscript them into the IG (+ assign the more trigger-happy commissars to them :M )

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
root said:
you have other IG units to send to sepheris, yes, but that would mean you're directly aiding the queen, no?
I don't see a problem with this. We can punish the Queen later(give her soul to the Deceiver perhaps... she deserves nothing less for her failure).

suggestions seem pretty thin so far (besides, almost no-one showed up for this) so i'm seriously considering just giving you a few choices and be done with it
plz do I just want to click a button and progress the story :M

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Is there really any point in trying to befriend the Inquisition anymore?
I mean, we're working with the Crawling Chaos right now, and I doubt they'd be too impressed with Hax slowly turning into a deep one either.
Bottom line is that if we keep them on the level they'll probably totally wreck our shit at some point.

Reposting ideas in easier to read format to make root's work easier:

Sepheris Secoundus -
- covertly support tyrantborn
- seemingly help the queen
- make sure queen's forces and tyranborn bleed themselves, then use queen's failure as a pretext to replace her with something more to your liking
- try not to use Malfian IG regiments, plant spies inside them
- if you get definitive proof of foul play inside Malfian IG create some conflict far away and send them there, foiling any plans by nobles to start up rebellion.
- surviving tyrantborn are to get offer to join imperial service, same way as normal humans do.
- new stuff: try to sniff out whether this and iocanthos is related somehow. If any agent provocateurs are found they are to be captured and taken in for interrogation.

Iocanthos:
- "Service guarantees citizenship".
- Form IG units, under your direct command consisting of tyrantborn.
- Make sure they are sent on dangerous missions, to thin up their ranks. Those who survive get citizenship and post far away from their original home, in some backwater - that way they will have harder time making trouble. Those who get citizenship should be treated good though, and used as propaganda tools inside tyrantborn circles.
- new stuff: The Pollen must flow. If the proposed benefits to the muties don't sway the leader to start deliveries again try to bribe him. Give him some administratum post or something like this. Also, find out who the hell he is, how he got into power and what is his backing.
- most troublesome muties can be assigned to "special" regiments that will have an "accident" in transit, killing them all.
- silence most vocal protesters to such course of action either covertly or overtly, preferring subtlety of course
- mutie psykers - if you can use them according to imperial creed then do it. If not, then according to creed suffer not the witch to live.

Lathes:
- Send agents to sniff around and get more facts. Refrain from overt actions until you know more.
- Additional thing I would do, to appease Tyrantborn - get that astropath some IG + an "experimental" unit of tyrant born. Use them as model for future Iocanthos units and maybe as a proving ground for promising muties. If all goes well you may have some good officers out of it, that can be assigned to Iocanthos later (once again, keeping them from home).
- new stuff: do not fall to chaos. While Hax is immune, others are not. If any warp-tek is found it is to be destroyed. Use it to get in favor with inquisition, while at same time trying to ferret out who are the Phaeononites. Once you know that - burn the heretics. Those fuckers are too dangerous to let them walk around.

And of course, Angry marines were just a joke as was the kawaii pic above. Please don't hate me.

Seems being too subtle doesn't work... I vote

AB

If we ever get 1on1 with that former inquisitor we should feed on him.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
AB
We should avoid turning into a Deep One for now, even if the blessings Father Dagon offer us seem great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom