Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

oscar

Arcane
AB.

You must keep a balance between oblivion and enslavement
a middleground won't work; you'll get the worst of both worlds

Wait, what?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
BB
We won't find the rogue inquisitor if he has an entire network of spies and thieves to help him.

And as for devouring people... we are not that tainted.

Does it matter who we feed on? Will a peasant give the same spirit energy as a psyker or a daemon or what have you?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
AB

Go directly at the target, for the longer we wait and the more stealthy we want to do it, the more time they will get to figure that something is up. If the syndicate is behind this, they must have already noticed us looking at all the other black markets in the area. Damn it all, this IS personal.

Also, let's not feed just yet, let's wait for the net to close around our precious fly.. hmmmmmmmm yessss.. maybe the delicacy that is the fallen Inquisitor will be ours ? We can always claim something went wrong during the interrogation process hehe..

Black Cat

Magister
AA.

Everything that's worth doing is worth lossing one's soul to, so let's go the entire way and get some cool powers to do it with. :3

Baltika

Educated
A and B.

I sincerely doubt we need an influential megacorporation on our case and out for revenge, especially if it's an unscrupulous one (Is there any other kind?)
And as for the urge: let us feed on our enemies and would-be deposers and assassins, not common citizens.

desocupado

Magister
I would send goreman to grab the rogue inquisitor. This Kaede guys might kill him on sight or something, and I would prefer to have friends close, don't want to send Cain to some backwater planet. Especially if he's not that glad to go himself.

About the warp distillate, I don't know. I don't think anything good can come out of drinking warp essence. On the other hand, we need to feed...

A and B.

oscar

Arcane
I'm conflicted about Goreman. He sounds like he might do something unwise with the Syndicate if left here. Yet he seems too be worn out. I'll go with Kaede and drink the essence.

If the books are anything to go by, we should try and send Cain on the safest seeming mission possible in order for him to maximize his effectiveness. I'm not really impressed with Goreman. Summon the Witch Hunter.

We abstained from feeding at the first opportunity. I fear feeding now would be too close to walking the middle line that root warned about. We need to explore how far we can go without feeding, in order to understand our limitations... as well as the device's.

CB

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
AA

Send Goreman. He seems angry that no we don't do much atm. May as well throw him a bone.

Drink the stuff. It's form people who are already dead, they can't get any worse. Would be interesting to see what we can learn - maybe the dream language will become clear to us and we get a glimpse of what really happens?

Also, I propose that Hax stars writing a journal. What he does, why, etc. Make sure one of his friends receives it after his death. Since he's doomed anyway I don't think he should care whether inquisition finds and burns him at some point. The journal should serve as a warning and an object lesson to those who will replace Hax. And he does care more for his sector than for himself.

dunduks

Liturgist
CA
Inquisitor should go and the device needs to be fed. Warp disstilate seems harmless enough and does not rise suspicion.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
CA
By sending the witch hunter, we maintain plausible deniability and it is possible they won't see it coming. Plus, we're not violating the chain of command as we're not really allowed to hunt the inquisitor, but the hunter is.

I see no point in not drinking the warp distillate. Bottom's up!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
CA

Witch-hunter bound for a planet on which a witch is said to reside? Pure win! :smug:

Oh, and drink the stuff. Whenever liquor starts to beg you to drink it, you know you really have no choice.. :thumbsup:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Oh and If at all possible, we should preserve some of the drink in easily hidden vials we can carry with us at all times. We wouldn't want the hunger to get the best of us at an inopportune time.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
AB

Sending Goreman will be good for him, let him do something useful and vent some of the rage. Also, we can trust him more than the Inquisitor. Perhaps there will be a need for him later on. We should invite him for a talk one of the days.

As for the feeding, not yet. In a couple of days we get results from that Secundus place, we will need to be alert then. We will feed on time, but now is not that time.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Jaedar said:
CA
By sending the witch hunter, we maintain plausible deniability and it is possible they won't see it coming. Plus, we're not violating the chain of command as we're not really allowed to hunt the inquisitor, but the hunter is.

I see no point in not drinking the warp distillate. Bottom's up!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
AB!!!11111

Goreman should have some stuff to do, Cain seems reluctant and I don't trust the inquisitor.

Drinking the warp stuff seems like a VERY bad idea.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Oh mighty speech skill do not fail us at this most critical juncture! We should be able to bluff our way through this with no problem. A
Did we happen to get any info from the daemon btw? I should also say that I am most open towards devouring many souls in the future. I just feel this isn't the best time or place for such an act.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom