Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Esquilax

Arcane
I am going with C

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ulminati said:
A

:smug:

[edit]

Though if you really want a tie-breaker, C is probably more sensible

Nah, it's C!. By all names of the Lord of Change and the strength of my and root's covenant!

I'm probably wasting my power now, but to hell with that if I can't transfer it to act III!

Baltika

Educated
Aw, hell.

I vote ---C---.

D sounds more like the Deciever or Halo Device planting arrogance into Hax's mind. And currying out favor or revealing our advantages early would be foolhardy now,nd nake us look suspicious, indeed.

And as I always say, feed only on the enemies. And do see if you can "talk" to the device and promise it a feast as soon as we get some priosners caputred...so long as it lends assistance in ploys, tricks, oratory and the like.

desocupado

Magister
DA

We made our bed, now we lay on it.

Altough I blame that Yaar guy and his mutant-loving ways.

Voting C is suicide. It's saying "Hey, I've gone bananas! You guys HAVE to assassinate me. Seriously."

"A" is tempting, tough.

oscar

Arcane
Damn really torn between B and C. But I shall vote B. Lose the Inquisition's support (or even acceptance) and we will have no real long-term leg to stand on. We must also keep in mind the greater good of the Imperium here, revealing all this to the public will probably just create more panic and confusion while giving the Inquisitors concrete proof will give them more time to plan a co-ordinated (theyr'e still capable of inter-stellar communication if I remember correctly) response.

desocupado

Magister
I think it was well tought out, apart from that HUGE flaw (not being sarcastic).

Something like projecting the most beautiful and fast ship, but forgetting to give it a hull.

Oh well.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
BA

I hungeeeer...
I won't try to feed much longer, if we abstain for much longer we will just wind up in the dreaded middle ground if we try to feed.

We are doomed either way... at least this way we go out with a bang.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
CA

A public reveal is bound to result in something really dramatic, I hope. And yes, it's time to give in to the hunger -- and gain new dark powers maybe?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
the results of this agreement resounded throughout the sector like the tolling of some great bell.

:M

Also, I vote D!!!!11111ragon A!!!!!!11111ge

Options A-C are most likely going to just cause more hatred, suspicion and contempt respectively towards Hax.

And hell, let's eat up sum :M

oscar

Arcane
I want to see what the "TRUE MARIUS" path is but all abstaining seems to do is give us headaches and make us talk all Prosper-like.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
desocupado said:
Yaar Podshipnik said:
Kiss the heretic. Love the mutant. Hug the unclean.

:decline:

Fuck you too. I tried to be subtle, I tried to think long-term and ensure that the sector will continue to thrive even after Hax's death/going insane (which is inevitable). Road to hell is paved with the best intentions though.

EDIT: changing my vote for BA
My vote is BA and talk to deceiver about stuff, see if he can help us regain authority in malfian subsector or calm down the citizens rabbling against muties. Also special thanks for Hax writing journal. Be sure he takes down the details of his stage of mutation in it too.

D is shit - I mean, wasting a turn when we have just gotten into trouble? As for C, we need to know what we will reveal - the halo device and the assistance of Cegorach? Plain suicide. Revealing that lord Steele is a genestealer? I'd be in favour of that.

Anyways, we have to choose between using lord Scheele to try and get the inquisition as our ally, or try to sow dissent among the Malfians. I have little faith in the inquisition, so I guess I support the latter.

The latter choice also has some nice synergy with our patron God, Cegorach - deception and dissent is his kind of thing, isn't it?

As for feeding, we need to be strong, for the upcoming days will be hard.

So I guess I place a tentative vote for A, and asking the assistance of Cegorach to ensure that it will sow maximum dissent. Thus having split the Malfians, we will use the loyalists to depose of the other half (and send the IG to support them of course) and assume direct control over their sector. If we find something truly sinister there, like a full genestealer infestation, or a chaos cult, we can use it as a propaganda victory and say that we knew this all along, this is why we had to conserve our forces. This situation may still be saved! But we need to use all of our assets to do so, not do nothing and daydream all day long.

Heck, even if we don't find something particularly sinister, we can ask Cegorach as a part of the assistance to manufacture something - or do it ourselves of course, but he is probably better at it . Finding "proof" of genestealers would be the best, but Chaos or Xeno proof works also.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hell, things are going according to plan.

I'm voting for A and further more, I think we should abstain from eating now.. so B on second choice. We just fed once, let us not give in any more, I think we can handle it.

Getting the Malfis into more problems is the good thing to do, first behind the curtains. It will spread eventually.

Looking forward to next update.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
BA.

I may or may not remember what I'm voting. One's attention span can only last so long.

Baltika

Educated
About feeding: I hold that we should only feed the Halo Device enough so it doesn't devour us completely.

And as for Cegorach, do not contact him. Nothing more pathetic than first making a stand, and a solid one, too, and coming to grovel on your feet the next day for help.

And do tell what you mean by "Revelaing" in option "C".

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
DB!

The only sensible soultions...

But has the Codex ever been sensible? :M

Baltika said:
About feeding: I hold that we should only feed the Halo Device enough so it doesn't devour us completely.

And as for Cegorach, do not contact him. Nothing more pathetic than first making a stand, and a solid one, too, and coming to grovel on your feet the next day for help.
Nothing more pathetic than losing your entire sector because you are too proud to ask for help.

The only thing a real patriot of the imperium would vote is AA.

Also, voting D is essentially the same as wasting a turn and squander an opportunity. We cannot, in the long run, allow for the Malfians to go rogue, so we must start to prepare already now for the annexation of their territories. Send them lord Scheele, divide and conquer!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom