Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lawless Legends - retro RPG for the Apple II/C64

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I laugh my ass off every time I read that this is releasing for the Apple ][.

Saduj

Arcane
Would love to play a proper CRGP set in the old west but this business of making games for obsolete platforms is just a little too try hard for me. Retro graphics are great but why put needless limitations on what the game can do and expect users to deal with antiquated interfaces? I loved my Commodore 64 back in the day but I can't think of a single reason I'd want to deal with one now, let alone lower myself into Apple II territory....

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
decline.png
decline.png
:negative:
They kept adding handholding features to the game, and now they just killed my interest by adding quest markers. Not that I expected a complex masterpiece, but after playing their small game I expected some fun exploration.
Our new quest log now gives you the option of seeing where to go next on your quest! X marks the spot...
49343414_2297451010324983_2389337770448388096_n.png
49781319_2297451003658317_1854922660618698752_n.png

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
decline.png
decline.png
:negative:
They kept adding handholding features to the game, and now they just killed my interest by adding quest markers. Not that I expected a complex masterpiece, but after playing their small game I expected some fun exploration.
Our new quest log now gives you the option of seeing where to go next on your quest! X marks the spot...
49343414_2297451010324983_2389337770448388096_n.png
49781319_2297451003658317_1854922660618698752_n.png

Her cat is in her arms. Marie is a lying little twit.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
It's not dead, you can check their facebook. I may eventually play it when it's released, the hard west feeling seems to be there, although' I have two problems with their development, the first one is that more than one thing they said makes it more like modern design with old techno that really old-school and the second one is that, even if they said they would released it by the end of 2019, their updates are always like "hey you can walk on the map now" or "hey you can attack now" like it's actually the very beginning of the development of the game.

Thanks CryptRat , I wasn't aware of their FB-account. The last entry on their website is from July 2017 (that's a long beta testing if you ask me). Why do people even create websites if they don't intend to update the informations regularly? Anyway, it's good to see it's still in development, but I share your concerns about the quality of their posts.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah, I'd love to see this released esp with the outlaw editor. I'm still hoping The Bardstale Trilogy gets an editor.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Alright! Glad to see stuff on original hardware. Did he say also AppleIIgs? I would have said movement like Alternate Reality as that's what it reminded me of. Love projects getting closer to completion.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Not sure how much this can be trusted, but they announced "Release summer 2021!" today on their Facebook page.

There is a playable three disk demo out now and the full game is indeed planned for a summer release.

https://lawlesslegends.wordpress.com/2021/02/12/lets-play-lawless-legends-learn-together/

Let’s play Lawless Legends & let’s Learn together!

Howdy folks!

We are planning to release the full game this summer, after 9 years of development. We have reached a point where we need more input to wrangle up them bugs and head ’em out! This is where y’all come in: We are giving you a free 3 disk version of the game to play NOW! Let us know about the bugs por favor!

encounters.png
day-3d.png
animated-maps-to-explore.png
storybook-mode.png

Below is a link to a ZIP file with 3 disk images for use in either a REAL Apple II model or an emulator of your choice.

Apple II requirements:

Loading the game on a real Apple II, IIc, IIe, IIgs: MUST HAVE 128K! Apple II, IIc, IIe & GS (GS buggy) and Requires 2x 5 1/2″ Disk Drives. To load game simply Insert Game Disk 1 in Drive 1
Insert Game Disk 2 in Drive 2
Turn on computer and play!

Download disk images here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0anutyzz0ulzsg2/LawlessLegends3DiskDemo.zip?dl=0

Good luck and post feedback on the Lawless Legends Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/LawlessLegends

Thank you all for your patience, support, and playtime!

Love,

Seth, Martin, Brendan, Becky & Jennell!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... on FB one of the guys wrote somewhen back in summer 2021 the game would be "released this year for sure". It wasn't obviously. No problem, they may take their time. But I don't know if I'm just looking on the wrong webpages or if they simply don't like communicating. A tiny message about the status of the game now and then would be nice.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://lawlesslegends.wordpress.com/2022/01/13/lets-play-again/

Howdy folks!

We had planned to release the game last year, but that ship has sailed. Over the last year we have added a lot to the game and fixed some critical bugs. We have reached a point again where we need more input to wrangle up them bugs and head ’em out! This is where y’all come in: We are giving you a few free disks of the game to play NOW! Let us know about the bugs por favor!

title1-big.png
day-3d.png
battle2.png
animated-maps-to-explore.png

Below is a link to a ZIP file with disk images for use in either a REAL Apple II model or an emulator of your choice.

Apple II requirements:

Loading the game on a real Apple II, IIc, IIe, IIgs: MUST HAVE 128K! Apple II, IIc, IIe & GS and Requires 2x 5 1/2″ Disk Drives. To load game simply

Insert Game Disk 1 in Drive 1
Insert Game Disk 2 in Drive 2
Turn on computer and play!

Or Attach the 2mg as a hard drive image.

Download disk images, manual and log book here: LawlessLegendsDemo UPDATED 2022/01/13!

Good luck and post feedback on the Lawless Legends github or Facebook Pages here:

https://github.com/badvision/lawless-legends/discussions/40

https://www.facebook.com/LawlessLegends

Thank you all for your patience, support, and playtime!

Love,

Seth, Martin, Brendan, Becky & Jennell!

Man, half a year later and not a single scrap of information anywhere on their channels.To think that the beta test phase was announced to take place in summer 2017. I know patience is a virtue and all but still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom