Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LeChuck's Revenge: SE

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Can't be any worse than the SE of the first Monkey Island, can it?

What would really make my day is if they released the two new releases in a retail package. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Unkillable Cat said:
Can't be any worse than the SE of the first Monkey Island, can it?
Oh come on, it wasn't that bad.

Unkillable Cat said:
What would really make my day is if they released the two new releases in a retail package. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
Why? Retail packaging would just increase the cost and you'd have to mess about with CDs instead of the yummy convenience of downloads.

For me, I'm hoping you can mix and match graphics and sound this time.
And I'm hoping they won't ruin this:
skeletondancemi2.gif

pipka

Savant
Hell yeah! MI2 on the Iphone FTW!
Beneath the Steel Sky, Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Simon the Sorcerer... oh gawd, its heaven!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Old graphics + new music and voices. That's all I'm asking and that was missing from MI1 SE. If they get it right for this game I'm getting it straight away.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Sceptic said:
Old graphics + new music and voices. That's all I'm asking and that was missing from MI1 SE.

Out of curiosity, are there any mods that allow this?
If so, I might have to try it...

Schattenjäger

Scholar
That is seriously some awesome news. Why did some of you fags did not like the first SE? It was quite awesome.

Also, I agree this time the bastards should release a retail version, with box, manual and goodies. Maybe I'm too oldschool for school, but I don't like paying for downloads. And there's nothing like piling up old game cardboxes.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
FeelTheRads said:
Why did some of you fags did not like the first SE? It was quite awesome.

Mostly because the new graphics were unbearable shit.
And also because we simply prefer the superior old graphics, that weren't unbearable shit.

Didn't it (edit: the special edition) also come with the option to switch between the old and the new graphics?

Black Cat

Magister
Amazing news, nya. Maybe i'll be finally able to play it without clawing my eyes away, like i was able to do with the first one thanks to the previous remake.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Sceptic said:
Old graphics + new music and voices. That's all I'm asking and that was missing from MI1 SE. If they get it right for this game I'm getting it straight away.

This. I liked the first Monkey Island SE well enough, but this would have made it HEAVAN!

Andyman said:
Didn't it also come with the option to switch between the old and the new graphics?

With a single press of a button (F10, IIRC), but for once in corporate history they went hardcore and unsurprisingly got it wrong: There was no way to switch to the old graphics and keep the new voiceovers, an option many of the old crowd would have appreciated if forum posts is anything to go by. I know I would. Here's hoping they'll listen to their fanbase.

Edit: I'm glad at the news, and fearful at the same time. I was too young at Secret of Monkey Island's release to really appreciate the game, but LeChuck's Revenge and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis I played almost ten times each. They'd better not screw the SE up.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Black Cat said:
Amazing news, nya. Maybe i'll be finally able to play it without clawing my eyes away, like i was able to do with the first one thanks to the previous remake.

Le fuck? People have no fucking idea about graphics nowadays.

Art Direction >>>> Graphics

Alex

Arcane
I think it is a clear sign that something is wrong when people rejoice so much for the rerelease of an old game. I wonder if Lucas Arts might be planning to release new adventure games in the future as well. Now that would be really good news.

Black Cat said:

I never understood why that people like trolling so much... Really, what is the point?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Monkey island 2 already has a cd version. In fact i had it until a so called "friend" moved away with it.

In fact it was a special edition of 1, 2 & 3 with a huge box (HUGE three times a normal box).

I regret disposing of the box even if i no longer had the games.

*shakes fist*

MetalCraze

Arcane
I absolutely hated the new shitty Macromedia Flash cartoons-like look of the first SE. This is probably going to be just as ugly. It's like nobody can make good 2D anymore.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Alex said:
I think it is a clear sign that something is wrong when people rejoice so much for the rerelease of an old game. I wonder if Lucas Arts might be planning to release new adventure games in the future as well. Now that would be really good news.

Would it really? Almost all of the talented adventure game devs left LucasArts years ago. Their new shit (Tales of Monkey Island, Vampyre Story) is banal, shit, boring. I see no reason to believe that LucasArts would return to their former glory, even if they did start producing more adventure games.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Le fuck? People have no fucking idea about graphics nowadays.

Art Direction >>>> Graphics

Pixelated=sucky, mkay?

Also, you must consider the people with 50" screens, which you find everywhere complaining about how shitty everything looks.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I prefer the original look. Anyone who prefers the new look is a fag.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
PlanHex said:
Oh come on, it wasn't that bad.

I thought the art direction was pretty horrible. I understand they made it so it could seamlessly map over the original graphics but it ended up looking awkward. If they go the same route again I'm definitely passing.

gromit

Arcane
Secret's new art wasn't really anything to write home about, but to be honest I didn't find the old art to be either, with a few exceptions. That said, MI2 is 99% spectacular animations and Purcell backgrounds; for the BGs at least they are fools if they do anything other than rescan and color the hopefully-well-preserved original art.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
wallace said:
Secret's new art wasn't really anything to write home about, but to be honest I didn't find the old art to be either, with a few exceptions.

This. Art direction was never a strong point of this series. Whacky setting and humour was. Anyone claiming otherwise is a clueless fag.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Tolknaz said:
Art direction was never a strong point of this series. Whacky setting and humour was. Anyone claiming otherwise is a clueless fag.
I want to fuck you in the ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom