Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Leftover APs roll into AC?

hexer

Honestly I can't remember all of the SPECIAL details right now but do any leftover APs roll over into ACs on your next turn? Is there a Perk for that? If not, should we implement it with Perk or without one?

hexer

Yep, I thought so. Will have to do something about it!

Surf Solar Are there any other bigger changes to SPECIAL?

Last edited by a moderator:

hiver

Whatever you do... limit the amount of AP that can be transferred, or limit the amount of buff it gives - AND make that available for enemies too.

hexer

I agree. One of the things that will make the fights much more exciting is the fact that in FOnline enemies can posses Perks. Ouch.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
I agree. One of the things that will make the fights much more exciting is the fact that in FOnline enemies can posses Perks. Ouch.

Be cautious there. For example in Morrowind unlocking racial abilities for NPCs made playing early game a nightmare.
Fallouts don't have that much bullshit in the chargen system, but unlike said MW situation you can't tell which enemy may possess that fatal perk until you are done for. Not too bad for savescummers like me, but iron men could be pissed off royally.

Forgot this.
Yes, I think we really need to re-add this, either as a perk or as default. Perhaps double the effect?

In before some Super Mutants with three levels of Toughness, Bonus Ranged Damage and Bonus Rate of Fire destroy the players' left and right, forcing Hexer to actually nerf them.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Be cautious there. For example in Morrowind unlocking racial abilities for NPCs made playing early game a nightmare.
Fallouts don't have that much bullshit in the chargen system, but unlike said MW situation you can't tell which enemy may possess that fatal perk until you are done for. Not too bad for savescummers like me, but iron men could be pissed off royally.

Just take the awareness perk and make it so that it also displays enemy perks ;)

Monstergelo

Barely Literate
Why not making it possible to use more AP to increase your attack hit chance? (like 5% for each extra AP?)

hiver

Wont be a problem if its applied fittingly for the general level of an area or location.

It would work great as a very good incentive during the design phase not to make perks too powerful and unbalanced :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom