Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legends of Amberland - oldschool open world blobber

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WOW: http://www.silverlemurgames.com/2020/02/12/legends-of-amberland-coming-to-nintendo-switch/

Legends of Amberland coming to Nintendo Switch

It’s official now, Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown is coming to Nintendo Switch this year!

In the last year I was pestered by various individuals about the Nintendo Switch. They claimed it would be a sure hit on Switch. For me, never really playing on consoles, it was a black magic and I was kind of sceptical. But why not I thought, if it was to be someone else doing the port I could go for it. Shortly after I started looking for someone to do the port, I was contacted by a mysterious company called Pineapple Works. They preyed their eyes on Amberland for a while and were just waiting for the right time to make the offer. They were quite enthusiastic about it and the deal was fair and decent. So, I went with it.

Soon after, when we met at GIC in Poland, they handed me their Nintendo with Legends of Amberland running. I started to play and… then it instantly struck me, IT MIGHT WORK! No, IT WILL WORK! If someone like me, who never owned a console could instantly go into it and play it and it was so flawless, and mind you it was just a quick dirty tech version for my eyes only, then how it will be perceived by people who know how top play and after it’s finished and polished? That’s the time when I believed in it.

Many months later, after a long and uneasy journey they said the Nintendo Switch version is ready. One thing I would like to mention and assure you is that I was involved in the process and I can guarantee that the story and gameplay was not watered down in any way. It is a faithful and a very accurate port, just as the author envisioned. The people from Pineapple Works made a really good job! It’s a fine port for sure.

The Nintendo Switch release is planned for late March 2020 and it will be localized to several languages. The exact date and exact languages will be disclosed later.

LoA-port-nintendoswitch_1.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.silverlemurgames.com/2020/02/13/legends-of-amberland-version-1-13-2/

Legends of Amberland version 1.13.2

Version 1.13.2 released

This version fixes two bugs, one of them being quite annoying and adjusted the map a tiny little bit to allow you to uncover 100% of the overworld. Plus standard improvements.

– [misc] Slightly adjusted the map to allow you to uncover the whole map (cosmetic change which allows you to uncover the whole mountain range). It does not affect the gameplay in anyway, just changed some mountains to water tiles, it does not open any new routes or anything. It’s purely for people who want to uncover the whole map.
– [misc] Improved monster dying animation.
– [misc] Changed description of two locations.
– [misc] Spelling fixes.

– [interface] Adjusted the color of an unselected button.

– [fix] Hit icon sometimes not being displaying if the monster attacks.
– [fix] Highlighting non-existant characters during combat if less than 7 characters are selected upon game start.

LoA_screenshot_v1.13.2.png

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So the only way to get a DRM free version is pay the $30 - Support the Developer Edition? No GOG version in the (near) future? What's the Kodex Konsensus on this, worth $30? I really like the graphics and "feel" of this retro blobber I saw from their game trailer.

mindx2 I purchased it on Steam but only after the confirmation that the game itself is DRM-free (no Steamworks-DRM in it, I play it on a Steam-free laptop). The pricing: It's difficult to answer. If you like M&MIII-V you shouldn't be disappointed by gameplay and it's a very polished and well made game. If you look at the content however there isn't so much playtime in it (about 20 hours) as - for example - in Grimoire (where you easily get 200 hours for 10 bucks). I'd still say it's worth 20 bucks.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
mindx2 I purchased it on Steam but only after the confirmation that the game itself is DRM-free (no Steamworks-DRM in it, I play it on a Steam-free laptop). The pricing: It's difficult to answer. If you like M&MIII-V you shouldn't be disappointed by gameplay and it's a very polished and well made game. If you look at the content there isn't so much playtime in it (about 20 hours) as - for example - in Grimoire (where you easily get 200 hours for 10 bucks).
Thanks. Then the $15 dollar version it is then. 20 hours is worth $15, not $30.

mindx2 I purchased it on Steam but only after the confirmation that the game itself is DRM-free (no Steamworks-DRM in it, I play it on a Steam-free laptop). The pricing: It's difficult to answer. If you like M&MIII-V you shouldn't be disappointed by gameplay and it's a very polished and well made game. If you look at the content there isn't so much playtime in it (about 20 hours) as - for example - in Grimoire (where you easily get 200 hours for 10 bucks).
Thanks. Then the $15 dollar version it is then. 20 hours is worth $15, not $30.
Yes, for 15 dollars it's a good deal.

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown available on GOG!

After a long journey Legends of Amberland finally arrived on GOG store. This ancient online store contains tons of old games which inspired the game and it's a perfect fit for it. I'm quite happy it will be available there alongside so many great classics I remember from my childhood!

https://af.gog.com/game/legends_of_amberland_the_forgotten_crown?as=1649904300

In addition, there will be GOG Connect enabled (for one week) which is a nice option for all people who bought the game elsewhere and wanted to have all their games on their GOG library.

Also, all people who bought the "Support The Developer Edition" via the official website (before GOG release) will be getting GOG keys which I will be sending shortly.

I will post some details/thoughts on the https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/legends-of-amberland-rejected-by-gog.128058/ topic a bit later.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I have the same problem, but I think Steam might have changed my preferences so that my game list was no longer public. I just changed it back to public (which might explain why GOG Connect hasn't been working for me for a couple of months). According to GOG, it can take up to two hours for it to detect if I have the game.

You should check your Steam settings under Profile and make sure it hasn't changed the status of your game library.

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Any idea when this will be available?
It's enabled already, it will be enabled for one week starting from the release date.

I'm not sure how the GOG Connect works, but it added LoA from my non dev account, so it's working for sure. I guess you should make your Steram profile public and then wait like 2 hours (Steam cache I suppose) and refresh the page. Also, first you need to connect your Steam account with GOG account (which is done via the same GOG connect link https://af.gog.com/connect?as=1649904300 ), note that "The API used for this process supports a limited amount of calls on any given day. You may be placed in a queue before your accounts are connected.".

So, in short, I thing the solution is to click connect and then check a few hour later and finish the process. Please let me know if you managed to make it work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I set all to "public" but it still doesn't work. Do I really have to wait two hours before I can try it again on GOG? Anyway, I'll try it again later.

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Thanks, I set all to "public" but it still doesn't work. Do I really have to wait two hours before I can try it again on GOG? Anyway, I'll try it again later.
I don't think so, you can try earlier I guess, my understanding of this is that in the worst case scenario you need to wait 2 hours. My guess is, that since they have this API limit so maybe many people wanted to connect the game and maybe that's why the queue is longer (just a wild guess).

My understanding of this (might be flawed, just today I used it the first time) is:
1) Set both Steam profile and privacy settings to public. Wait.
2) Connect your Steam account to GOG (you do it once in a life tim). Wait.
3) When it shows on the GOG connect page that your accounts are connected (it states so clearly) add the game.

Anyway, if there are still problems tomorrow I will contact GOG.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Yea GOG connect isn't working here either. It has worked in the past, so it's definitely reading my steam library correctly.

Bara

Arcane
Okay this is bothering way more than it should.

In the character portraits is everyone's eyes white and all party members are looking towards the left? Or is the colored portion supposed to represent the iris and they're all constantly looking right.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
What would the coloured portion represent if not the iris?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom