Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Legends Of Dawn

Overboard

Arcane
This is what you get for backing a project based on their (admittedly rather attractive) female staff member giving presentations with libe-ral use of the 'blowjob while looking into your eyes' camera angle.

Stabwound

Arcane
This game looks and sounds like it has some fun potential and good intentions (they are adamant about having no quest markers or level scaling) but in its current state it's just a hot mess. It's pretty clear that it wasn't well tested, there is very little in-game info about what things actually do (WTF does _____ stat do?) and you can just get stuck in geometry randomly, some chests just don't open, etc.

That said, it looks like they rushing hard to fix a lot of the issues, but this has been a pretty spectacularly bad launch. I mean, the base game doesn't even allow mouse movement which was only added in the most recent patch. I encountered a common bug with PhysX where you get just a blank brown screen with error messages all over it until I manually went to the PhysX site and downloaded it and installed. Pretty inexcusable to not have that packaged with the game.

I was interested in this game from the beginning, and I think it could turn out pretty cool with some work, but holy fuck does it need work. Having played the test version I can't get any Steam patches so the game is pretty much unplayable, but if they do fix it up a bit, it could be a cool open-world style ARPG in the vein of Elder Scrolls/Diablo cross, which there really aren't many of.

Having said all of that, the people whining about lack of quest markers and compass are fucking decline morons. The decline has now become like the human centipede, where people now demand the shit to be fed into their mouths and get butthurt when it isn't there. Sad.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Best of both worlds. It'll get a steep discount faster than normal. 75% off or bust. And by then the bugs might be fixed.

Branm

Learned
This game looks and sounds like it has some fun potential and good intentions (they are adamant about having no quest markers or level scaling) but in its current state it's just a hot mess. It's pretty clear that it wasn't well tested, there is very little in-game info about what things actually do (WTF does _____ stat do?) and you can just get stuck in geometry randomly, some chests just don't open, etc.

That said, it looks like they rushing hard to fix a lot of the issues, but this has been a pretty spectacularly bad launch. I mean, the base game doesn't even allow mouse movement which was only added in the most recent patch. I encountered a common bug with PhysX where you get just a blank brown screen with error messages all over it until I manually went to the PhysX site and downloaded it and installed. Pretty inexcusable to not have that packaged with the game.

I was interested in this game from the beginning, and I think it could turn out pretty cool with some work, but holy fuck does it need work. Having played the test version I can't get any Steam patches so the game is pretty much unplayable, but if they do fix it up a bit, it could be a cool open-world style ARPG in the vein of Elder Scrolls/Diablo cross, which there really aren't many of.

Having said all of that, the people whining about lack of quest markers and compass are fucking decline morons. The decline has now become like the human centipede, where people now demand the shit to be fed into their mouths and get butthurt when it isn't there. Sad.

Weird release, no clue what the devs were thinking. I went to the kickstarter comments and people raging. Im sure they ran out of money but why didn't they release an early access....odd.

But I've read the NPCs don't bother explaining you anything, either. Confirm / Deny

buzz

Arcane
:( came in the thread expecting a sequel to either the amiga game or the dungeon master clone

PosledniKovboj

Scholar
KS backer here, just got around to try it. In case someone is considering buying it...please dont. Seriously. I dont know what the fuck those people were thinking. My own review follows.

Broken beyond repair, story is generic shit, core mechanics are shit. Combat? Shit. Travelling over the map on foot half of the time? Boring as shit. Looting peoples houses right in front of them? Ridiculous shit. CnC? Non-existent or invisible (and, because of that, shit). Character development? Shit. Kill-loot-sell-equip cycle? Dont kid yourselves.
I dont give a rats ass about the broken camera, the retarded engine, the gazillion bugs, the crappy voice acting. All that is well and fine as long as you deliver a game that is fun and rewarding to play. This plays like Tamagotchi. Gimme back my 15 dolla!

PosledniKovboj

Scholar

But I've read the NPCs don't bother explaining you anything, either. Confirm / Deny
thats like saying some Russians occasionally drink Vodka. Im pretty sure they wrote all the dialogs assuming there will be one, and then didnt have time/budget/whatever to include it in the game.

Stabwound

Arcane
How did this pile of turds make it onto Steam in the first place? I thought they had some strict quality control, but you can play this game for 10 minutes and see how broken it is. This thing seems like it needed another 6 months in development, and the patches they're putting out aren't doing much to help.

Stabwound

Arcane
Great idea having an alternating background images that changes every 10 seconds on the forums there. Holy shit.

I read the review out of curiosity, and it's neat how the butthurt developer conveniently ignores talking about all of the technical issues and broken systems the review mentions. People don't dislike the game because it's bad; they dislike it because it's in a beta state with broken quests and tons of technical issues. My personal favorite is how you can set the graphical settings to the absolute maximum, and then you have a magical aura around your character that sprouts grass within a 5 foot radius everywhere you walk.

These guys have blinders on to maximum levels if they think this game is getting bad reviews because no one gives it a chance. Fact #1: it launched in a state where it requires PhysX to run, and didn't come bundled with the required version, leading to completely broken game unless the user manually downloaded and installed it. That's just the start of how fucked up this game is.

PosledniKovboj

Scholar
They made a massive whine post about IGN ripping them a new one. The cherry on top of this turd sundae.

http://www.dreamatrix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36217&sid=b6b24a5770b2ca0f48a2b9dba41013c9
Can't see half of that page in Firefox, funny.

1 year ago:

- "Dario, what the fuck is Unity 3 dees?"
o "Marko, brother, I don't know."
- "Fuck it Dario, lets make our engine. We re fucking better and smarter than those american idiots anyway."
o "Fuck yes, brother. Now let us go and fry fish on the beach."

same story with the forum I imagine.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
So they are about to release a major patch for this (after 2 years I know) Stabwound You think game will be worth giving a go?

For Luzur
Zrinka
10952897_705653329549231_906880624836012900_n.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Game was beyond generic/terrible when I played. I really doubt any type of patch will save it.

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Dreamatrix Game Studios
Developer
Hi all,

As some of you may know me, I'm Igor from Dreamatrix Game Studios. We are "guilty" for the Legends of Dawn and the upcoming LoD sequel, Wave of Darkness which is currently under an ongoing campaign.

Anyway, I believe many of you know how bad Legends of Dawn is reviewed on the Steam, as well as on Metacritic. When people see those numbers I guess it's easy to assume Legends of Dawn is one of the worst titles in the gaming history. On par with Big Rigs.

The low score is most definitely partly because of us (the game had a very rocky start), but also because of the one lousy review from one of the most prominent gaming websites in the world. So, when people see that, I guess it's easy to jump onto the "let's trash this game because it's fun" bandwagon.

The reason I'm writing all of this is because I'm calling the avid RPG gamers on this forum who are willing to play Legends of Dawn after it received numerous patches - and to write a review of the game on Steam.

I'd like to point-out that this is not a bribe. All I'm asking you to be as honest as you can, and fair. Please don't trash the game because you feel it's a cool thing to do.

For now I have 5 keys to give away.

If you're even remotely interested, basically, the first five who PM me and tell me their Steam profile ID will receive a key.

Feel free to comment on this topic how do you like the game so far, etc.

Will there be more keys? If I see this was a right thing to do, I'll have more keys for you.

Thanks

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I already got it in a bundle. Please be more judicious with the tag feature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom