Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Legends Of Ellaria - a new FPS/RTS/RPG sandbox game

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backed.

It sure seems more than ambitious, but I dig more than ambitious projects if there seems to be a chance the team can pull it off ;)

Though I must say I am very worried about Unity.
Performance is not exactly its strong point, especially with a lot of objects on the screen.
And without features like hardware instancing, there is only so much you can do to optimize rendering on the C# level.

IMO the main reason we have not seen RTS games (like Total War or Supreme Commander) made with Unity so far. The logic should not be a problem. But there are too many single meshes on the screen.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
"CivCraft" sounds radically new and innovative. Yet "Jagged Universalis" or "Mount & Conquer" would be better names, methinks.
Especially Mount & Conquer - a game with nubile females waiting to be mounted, conquered, and maybe even ridden into battle!

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
"CivCraft" sounds radically new and innovative. Yet "Jagged Universalis" or "Mount & Conquer" would be better names, methinks.
Especially Mount & Conquer - a game with nubile females waiting to be mounted, conquered, and maybe even ridden into battle!
:lol: :love:

Watched trailer and it does have no Romans and looks like HD Morrowind mod so might back it up.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
At least the name was inventive enough to be (nearly) ripped off by some mobile studio (assuming you were first):

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
why does the game run at 10 frames per second?

Arik

Barely Literate
why does the game run at 10 frames per second?

CivCraft - Legends of Ellaria is in late development stage, and the frame rate is a well known and fixable issue. The alpha will run smooth and with higher frame rate.

Arik Helman

Barely Literate
Hi again,

CivCraft - Legends of Ellaria is a first person adventure (and role playing) game where you can also build your own kingdom and fight epic battles. The world around you changes depending on your decisions, and it's up to you to decide how how rule your kingdom. You can command armies and build cities, or go and explore the land by yourself.

CivCraft - Legends of Ellaria's concept is similar to an advanced version of Mount & Blade series, or a combination between Skyrim and Total war, but over the past three years we've created a unique concept and game play that is more than just combining two genres.

you are more then welcome to visit our website

http://www.civcraftgame.com

where you can find our gameplay videos and Trailers.

we would like to hear your opinion towards our Kickstarter, which will start at 9th of August.

SplitPic.jpg

Arik Helman

Barely Literate
hi, no we didnt :)
Civcraft is in its ready Pre-Alpha, and will be delivered to our backer weeks after our Campaign will end.
We are running a kickstarter to add features to its initial version.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I was going to say something about: "How do you guys plan to release your game on $12,500, when your first budget was $150,000",

Just sayin'

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
These past years you had a lot of indie devs popping up with really great projects on paper, stuff that a publisher wouldnt come up with and only a passionate gamer would like to see one day. Like RTS/RPG hybrids for example. I'm personally still waiting for that one RTS survival that's only ever been tried on Warcraft 3 custom maps.

The problem is that it's way too ambitious. Ironically only a big publisher would have the resources to pull that off correctly. Even if you put the graphics aside the amount of coding is enormous and the systems take considerable manpower to refine. It's nice that you're trying really great stuff that we almost never see like real fortresses, with walls that you can apparently put men in, not those 2D stock glorified obstacles abstractions classic RTS like Age of Empire were stuck with. But As it stands it reminds me of that one survival alien planet wannabe that sprang up a while ago developed by a lone chink. Never heard of it since then, and he got away with 100k on kickstarter.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Cool, a fantasy Mount & Blade clone.

If you manage to make the fighting half as engrossing as in that game and remember to put an actual SANDBOX in your advertised sandbox game, I'll buy it for sure.

Also, spend your time making the game actually halfway good instead of fucking about with 6000 ways to make it look prettier. M&B looked like ass even when it was released and it's got a huge following. Art direction is far more important than texture shininess.

It's gonna be easy since Mount and Blade combat is terrible.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
If it can make you feel better, their solution looks even more lazy and badly coded than Mount and Blade. Looks like we have strong contender for a competitive autist bait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom