Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Legions: Overdrive

Destroid

Arcane
Anyone play it? Unfortunately there's no populated servers within a reasonable ping distance from me (and basically never have been), but I would have liked to properly try this expansion on the general Tribes gameplay.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Yea linked it in the Tribes fail thread a while ago and it is suppose to be a shelter for the abused Tribes players that got "used" by Hi-rez.

Destroid

Arcane
I don't think it will catch on. Simpler graphics, less accessible gameplay, no grinding for xp that the masses seem to crave. TA is pretty damn dead though, I fired it up the other day and not many people are playing.

DefJam101

Arcane
Such a shame that cashgrab microtransaction games with tons of problems always end up being more popular than stuff like this

wintersu

Barely Literate
Hi, so happy to be here, I am a path of exile lover and I believe I can get the help I want here.
Thanks

Dr Tomo

Learned
I don't think it will catch on. Simpler graphics, less accessible gameplay, no grinding for xp that the masses seem to crave. TA is pretty damn dead though, I fired it up the other day and not many people are playing.

It might as it is owned by the community and it is from what I heard to be tight knit. Also not sure what you mean grinding for xp as many people that played Tribes for first time complained a lot about the xp grind as it pissed many people off. People didn't come to play Tribes with a wow mind set and so the ridiculous xp grind turned many people off before Hi-rez changed it.

Destroid

Arcane
It went through a few stages. The net grind got a lot longer when they switched from entire class unlocking to individual item.

Destroid

Arcane
Interesting, I had not heard that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom