Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Leonard Boyarsky has joined Obsidian Entertainment

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Blizzard Entertainment; Leonard Boyarsky; Obsidian Entertainment

Back on April 1st, original Fallout art director and Troika Games co-founder Leonard Boyarsky cryptically changed his Facebook profile portrait to an image of the famous Brotherhood of Steel power armored paladin from that game's box art. Easy to dismiss as some sort of April Fools jape, but then today Tim Cain posted this:

14698.png

Some kind of joke? A few hours later, Leonard confirmed that it was not:

14700.png

That's right. I'm very happy to announce that Mr. Leonard Boyarsky has concluded his ignoble ten year exile at Blizzard Entertainment and rejoined his comrades in real RPG development. That's two out three Troika founders at Obsidian. Come on, Jason Anderson, it's your turn now. I'm sure you're tired of working on multiplayer shooters that nobody plays.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hopefully this entails something good being cooked up behind the curtains.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I hope he gets to work on a great project, unfortunately I highly doubt it will be anything related to either fallout, Arcanum or bloodlines.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:salute:

Hopefully he actually gets to do something, though seeing it's Obsidian they'll probably put that Polenta chick or whatever her name is as his boss or something dumb like that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:salute:

Hopefully he actually gets to do something, though seeing it's Obsidian they'll probably put that Polenta chick or whatever her name is as his boss or something dumb like that.

If you mean Polina she left Obsidian last year to work as a freelancer

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I hope he gets to work on a great project, unfortunately I highly doubt it will be anything related to either fallout, Arcanum or bloodlines.

They can do their own IP, with hookers and blackjack. In their "No Joshes" clubhouse.

It's good news and all, but we probably shouldn't get too excited. If history is anything to go by, we have yet to have a great RPG made by people who made them in the distant past. Whether it's Piranha Bytes with the Gothic/Risen games, Tim Cain, Chris Avellone having a pretty spotty record ever since Planescape: Torment, Bioware after Baldur's Gate, Garriott after the heyday of Ultimas, Neal Hallford, we have yet to see any of them achieve the same greatness as they have in the past. So chances are, we will have to look for that future great RPG from some upstart, and not the greats of the past.

duanth123

Arcane
It's good news and all, but we probably shouldn't get too excited. If history is anything to go by, we have yet to have a great RPG made by people who made them in the distant past. Whether it's Piranha Bytes with the Gothic/Risen games, Tim Cain, Chris Avellone having a pretty spotty record ever since Planescape: Torment, Bioware after Baldur's Gate, Garriott after the heyday of Ultimas, Neal Hallford, we have yet to see any of them achieve the same greatness as they have in the past. So chances are, we will have to look for that future great RPG from some upstart, and not the greats of the past.

Porky, with that kind of attitude you're never going to have any disappointment in your life.

throwaway

Cipher
:what:
Early post in legendary thread

Edit: Okay, this happening after MCA leaving is more than a tad annoying. (BTW, has he opened his card on future base yet?)

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
No matter how many times you spurn them, they will still give you reasons to hope, Codex. DESPAIR

DeepOcean

Arcane
Wake me up when Tim Cain places on his facebook page "Guys, I got tired of being semi retired at Obsidian and started making a TB post apocalyptic RPG with Leonard Boyarsky."

Kz3r0

Arcane
Porky, with that kind of attitude you're never going to have any disappointment in your life.
But there are dreams worth the disappointment just to have the privilege to believe in them even if only for a fleeting, beautiful moment of neverending awe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom