Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let me suffer through Sailor Moon: Another Story

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Ami chan or bust.

shywn

Savant
So, yeah. Someone dids a translation overhaul and released it earlier this month.

We've fixed dialogue written whole-cloth by BST, mistranslations of many kinds (Reversed meaning, confusing the subject and object, reading a word wrong), as well as translating Japanese text that was left romanized and removing honorifics.

The game might now actually make sense.

The "400+ mistranslations" estimate is low-balling, if you want me to be honest. mziab and our auxiliary translators have likely retranslated about 30% of the game text.

This matches with the 20-30 % figure I posed in my post.

Edit: Personally, I find it hilarious that the "user reviews" section at romhacking for the old translation is more concerned about the names being used were the Japanese ones instead of the ones from the US localisation of the anime. That's *clearly* the worst flaw of the old translation.

Last edited:

BoroMonokli

Novice
oh dear mods who have to decide on approving this or not...

It's good to see that there is a translation fix that makes the game less painful. While my playthrough went a bit further than this, I woke up one day deciding to play something else, probably diablo 2 or might and magic vi and I never saw the rest of the (painfully written) story. I was somewhat hoping that this LP, with each update being a piece of solid writing gold (and historical window to our nicer, 2009 days), would let me see the rest in good company, but alas it was not to be. Still, worthwhile and noble attempt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom