Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let Me Trainwreck Final Fantasy VII For You! (Completed!)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Hello, fellow citizens of the earth. I am Colin Farrell and this is Let's play Final Fantasy VII!
ff7-cloud2.jpg
Oh christ, not you again.
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Yes, it appears that Locue, aka Andyman Messiah, aka The Autistic Squarehead, has gone like totally AWOL on us, so I'm stuck here doing this job until he comes back. If he comes back.
ff7-tifa2.jpg
He's probably at home in a comatose state because he's been laughing so hard at the SomethingAwful vs. Youtube mess.
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Well anyway, let's get an update going! Today we're infiltrating the enemy headquarters, right?

mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Alright, so the gang headed over to Wall Market to search for clues about getting up on the big pizza. They ran into some kids!

280_letsNOTfollowthekidsjustyet.jpg

283_scaryschmaryitsourwayup.jpg

mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
That's our ticket up!
ff7-cloud2.jpg
How do you know that? How can you possibly know that the wire leads all the way up to the top?
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
I'm Colin Farrell. We have to prepare for the climb! This isn't Everest or Kebnekaise, but it sure as hell is a long way to the top!
ff7-tifa2.jpg
So we're gonna need a rope, right?
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
No, but we're definitely going to need batteries!
ff7-tifa2.jpg
Batteries?
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Yes. Batteries.
7-barret-a2.jpg
Fuck we need damn batteries for?!
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Trust me, we'll need them. Let's go see the weapon shop guy. He should have batteries for sale.

279_batteryineedastinkinbattery.jpg

ff7-cloud2.jpg
Are we paying money for these?
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
We definitely are. Don't worry though, we really need them.
ff7-cloud2.jpg
I'm not worrying.
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Your whole character design is based on worrying!
ff7-cloud2.jpg
Fuck you, Colin.
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Alright, batteries in hand - let's climb that wire!
ff7-cloud2.jpg
You're so gonna pay me back.

284_scarygraffiti.jpg

mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
FACT: The graffiti reads "NO MERCY" and "BON SCOTT LIVES!"
ff7-cloud2.jpg
No, it doesn't!
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Yes, it does. In fact...
ff7-cloud2.jpg
Oh no...
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Riding down the highway! Going to the show! Stop in all the byways! Playing rock n' roll!
7-barret-a2.jpg
Getting robbed!
ff7-tifa2.jpg
Getting stoned!
ff7-cloud2.jpg
Uh... getting beat up?
7-barret-a2.jpg
Broken boned!
ff7-tifa2.jpg
Getting had!
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Getting took! I tell you folks! IT'S HARDER THAN IT LOOKS! Alright, let's set up camp here.

285_ohnoes.jpg

ff7-cloud2.jpg
Why are we singing an Iced Earth-song for?
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
ff7-cloud2.jpg
What?
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Get the hell off my wire.
ff7-cloud2.jpg
Wha--oh motherfuckeeeeeeeeeee-
ff7-tifa2.jpg
Did Cloud just fall off?
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Yes, in an extraordinary turn of bad writing. Probably too much gel on his hands or something. He'll manage. Let's wait for him up here with all the kids. IT'S A LONG WAY TO THE TOP IF YOU WANNA ROCK N' RO-O-OOLL!!!

ff7-cloud2.jpg
THAT FUCKING LEPRECHAUN FUCK! I'LL KILL HIM FOR THIS! Alright, shit, I'm gonna need to get up there again. Lucky I landed on my hair!

7-barret-a2.jpg
Damn white boy, always falling off shit!
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
It's happened before?
7-barret-a2.jpg
'Course it has. Damn boy's slippery than a sack full o' snakes or sumthing, I dunno!
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
I don't even know what you-Oh hey, Cloud. Glad to see you survived.
ff7-cloud2.jpg
You. Leprechaun. FUCK!
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Keep an eye on what you put on your hands, Cloud. Especially if you're gonna ride black beauty or climb a wall!
ff7-cloud2.jpg
WHAT?!
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
CUZ IT'S A LONG WAY TO THE TOP IF YOU WANNA ROCK N' ROLL! Let's go!

286_batterypuzzle.jpg

mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Alright, here in the lower right corner you see the first of the three battery puzzles. Basically, you stick a battery in and the path gets opened up or you get an item. Simple. Easy. Completely underwhelming. You would probably much rather see livestock go at it. So we're skipping it.

287_latefortheparty.jpg

mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
FACT: That helicopter is the same helicopter that Tseng used to kidnap Aeris with.

288_alrightletsgo.jpg

FACT: DRAMATIC POSES HAVE NEVER LOOKED SO DAMN UGLY!

289_really.jpg

7-barret-a2.jpg
A'ight, let's go!

290_turnsoutthatsexactlywhatweregon.jpg

mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
Good question, Tifa!
ff7-tifa2.jpg
Really?
mostbeautifulboyever.jpg
No.

291_yeah.jpg

In the next update: bring it on!

afewhours

Scholar
Yay! Fine work, sailor! I'm rather tired so I'll just settle for typing:

MOAR LEPRECHAUNS AND FINAL FANTASY

Julio

Scholar
It's quite amazing how focused and inspired the Midgar/Shinra part of FF7 was, and how consistent its art direction was, compared to how incredibly mediocre and over-the-map the rest of the game was.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
How the heck did people spray grafitti that is two stories high and fifty feet in the air?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Sovy Kurosei said:
How the heck did people spray grafitti that is two stories high and fifty feet in the air?

:lol: Keep going, we'll find hoard these unrealistic easter eggs.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Admiral jimbob said:
Did you get AC/DC and Iced Earth mixed up or am I missing something
Iced Earth did a cover of the song. It sucks and it makes sense that Cloud is more familiar with it than the original version.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I just started a game today. Downloaded the PC version off of a torrent site.

Radisshu

Prophet
jiujitsu said:
I recommend you to use an emulator-rom combination instead, the PC version is buggy as hell.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
jiujitsu said:
You terrorist, you.

Make sure you get it patched and modded up.

Admiral jimbob said:
Oh.
Iced Earth... did a cover of...
...dear god.
Yes, I know. The world we live in is a frightening world.

Nightjed

Liturgist
Radisshu said:
I recommend you to use an emulator-rom combination instead, the PC version is buggy as hell.

its not that bugged, there is only a very bad one when you reach red xiii's town that depending on your hardware causes it to hang up, if it happens install in another computer, play until the next save point and go back to your original box.
on the other hand, the pc version looks a LOT better (except movies, thats the only thing that looks better on psx) and the translation is also better (they fixed a lot of typos and errors)

but its difficult to beat the savestate option of epsxe. and in epsxe you can cheat your way to lv 99 in a few minutes instead of spending 40 hours in the last dungeon

Suicidal

Arcane
jiujitsu said:

I did the same. Locue's thread inspired me to experience this on my own skin.

Besides, it couldn't possibly be worse than oblivion.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Suicidal said:
jiujitsu said:

I did the same. Locue's thread inspired me to experience this on my own skin.

Besides, it couldn't possibly be worse than oblivion.
Oh my god, I feel so horrible. :lol:

(In all fairness, though, it's really a good game with plenty of fun to be had if you know what to look for, just like in Oblivion's case.)

I've been busy playing ahead (I'm in the Gold Saucer at the moment) and so I've been stocking up updates like a motherfucker. I really have to start putting them out. First part of the industrial raid shenanigans is on its way.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
jiujitsu said:
I also recommend an emulator for this game, save states are pretty handy there. But If you decide to stick with the pc ver. use the hi-res models patch.

Locue said:
I've been busy playing ahead (I'm in the Gold Saucer at the moment) and so I've been stocking up updates like a motherfucker. I really have to start putting them out. First part of the industrial raid shenanigans is on its way.
What?? you've been palying behind our backs? You're having fun at gold saucer while we wait hoping for an update? shame on you ! :P

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
ghostdog said:
Locue said:
What?? you've been palying behind our backs? You're having fun at gold saucer while we wait hoping for an update? shame on you ! :P
Fun is... kind of an overstatement. I didn't take too many screenshots of the Gold Saucer as I think it's a very weak area during this stage of the game. It'll be fun once
I become a chocobo-jockey
and
can start fighting in the battle square.
But even then... meh. It's just the place where all minigames hang out in case you want to try them a second time. I think I only have three non plot-related screenshots: the entrance, the turtles paradise poster and Cloud standing in the middle of the arcade. I saved the last jpg-file as "a bunch of minigames I will never play!!.jpg" We'll be back there anyway so I'll do a special arcade update then. :wink:

I've also started doing the first actual levelling to get most materia up to level 2 and while it's killing me, I figured I needed to just in case the level 1 crap starts to fizzle.

Also: yes, I'm such a naughty, naughty boy. :P

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Locue said:
I've also started doing the first actual levelling to get most materia up to level 2 and while it's killing me, I figured I needed to just in case the level 1 crap starts to fizzle.

I don't really get this. I probably did this the first time I played through just because I'm a power whore, but every time I've played since then I've gotten by on limit breaks and whatever materia I happened to have by then. I usually jammed extra All materia on people just to sell off when it's mastered. Random battles are cake even without magic, and if you keep everyone in Hyper your limit breaks + summons + support spells will trash any bosses you run into anyways.

Besides, why bother grinding for xp/ap now when you'll be getting that when you have to grind for all the chocobo shit later anyways?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
The Walkin' Dude said:
Is the graffity in the Jap version also written in English?
I would think so, but I honestly don't care enough to do any research on the matter. It do seem like something people who doesn't speak english would spray, though. If I may be so utterly correct.

DamnedRegistrations said:
Locue said:
I don't really get this. (etc.)
Me neither, but I have to kill time somehow. :wink:

My combat philosophy for FF7 is that spamming All+Whatever magic you want is very, very effective.

There's not much difference between fire and fire2 and I don't care at all for limit breaks. I'm at the desert prison and the only limit break I've gained is the cross slash. Yes, that's how badass/smug I am. I'm just running through the game, throwing fireballs at monsters. You do not need to put any effort in fighting monsters and grinding. Beating the bosses will boost your levels well enough to deal with new monsters that'll pop up until you beat the next boss.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Monsters give XP in this FF? Are you sure? I know they don't give any in pretty much every FF I played, and I don't remember them giving any in 7 either, which made it good for the "Low Level" playthrough where you flee from every battle and try to avoid levelling up at all. (This is amazingly fun in FF 6 and 8)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom