Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let Me Trainwreck Final Fantasy VII For You! (Completed!)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So I herd u lieks teh mudkipz?

DOOM COCK!!!!!!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
What's the best (or least bad) way to play that game? Emulation (with epsxe) or the pc version?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I heard the PC Version supposedly looks much better because there's some sort of texture mod or patch that upgrades its graphics.

Myself, I'd advise you not to play FF 7 at all; it is very disappointing: the character system is awful, the characters are awful, the story is plain retarded...

Here's what I suggest: get the OST and listen to the songs; and FF fan will like them. I'd not really recommend to play the game.

But if you do, try finding that PC version texture patch, but remember that an emulator would allow you to skip frames (for when you want to grind) or to savestate, useful tools to say the least.

Murk

Arcane
savestate alone beats the pc version

jrpgs have a lot of dialog banter, and ff7 especially, and pointless parts that'll kill the mood

Suicidal

Arcane
I tried playing it but got bored really quickly.

Honestly, there are probably countless better JRPGs to choose from, I don't understand why so many people fap to this fail game. It's like the Oblivion of JRPGs.

MetalCraze

Arcane
in the end of FF7 you have 1 checkpoint you can place anywhere you want. the problem is - the end of the game is 2 hours long. and then the 3 long boss fights.
if you will fail at least at 1 of them - you're back to that checkpoint and omg you didn't actually place it near the bosses, poor fucker, now have yourself another hour of retarded random encounter hack'n'slash

so yeah - savestate beats pc version

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Or your party doesn't suck ass and leg and you just rape all the bosses dead in 30 seconds. The only difficult fights I can recall is that fucking doom wall and diamond weapon, and that was only because I refuse to use healing potions in battle and wasted half my turns trying to steal from them. Unless you're doing a speed run nothing in the game should give you any real difficulty.

Murk

Arcane
;(

i thought ff8 had a clever solution to grinding

make it easy as fuck to hit level 100 and not give you any epic benefits for it

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Well I do not plan to play it soon, I first want to replay Chrono Cross as I just finished replaying Chrono Trigger (those two games are full of win). It's just that I guess I need to play it once to see the horror with my own eyes.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mikayel said:
;(

i thought ff8 had a clever solution to grinding

make it easy as fuck to hit level 100 and not give you any epic benefits for it

Final Fantasy 8's level scaling was a little annoying. But it did make my low-level run-through very, very easy! I finished the game at level 7 or something and didn't unlock anything in the final battle (Amazing music! Love it.) but attack; easily doable because of the brokenly powerful junctioning system. You either like it or hate it.

Didn't like the game as a whole though - when do you -ever- have to grind in a Final Fantasy that isn't 1-3? You never have to! Grinding is there to make up for your lack of skill - say, you don't know how to cheese past this boss at level 15 - well, no problem, grind to 20 and beat him the "normal" way. I liked things like that.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
In 4 (the only FF I played), I still had to grind for the last boss and it isn't a lack of skill, unless you call the boss one-shotting all characters a lack of skill.

I prefer the Chrono Trigger solution to be very generous with the experience, even for the tech points you do not need to grind or just a bit (the Black Omen is good for that) and you can avoid most enemies. Chrono Cross is even better as there are simply no levels, just a growth limit that increase every time you kill a boss.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Why did they build that giant cannon at Junon in the first place? Was it supposed to be a giant Paris Gun to hit Costa del Sol?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Sovy Kurosei said:
Why did they build that giant cannon at Junon in the first place? Was it supposed to be a giant Paris Gun to hit Costa del Sol?
Why did the super elite warrior program pick a bunch of whingey 16 year old adrogynes to be their stereotypical super soldier? Because :Japan:
We know from 40k that in reality only the toughest most violent bulldog men would be selected for a super soldier program.

Sovy Kurosei said:
Giant cannon means huge penis in Freudspeak, and we all know that the radiation from the atomic bombs dropped on Japan caused their sexual deviancy gene to grow out of control.

Murk

Arcane
Sovy Kurosei said:

the actual logic of it was two fold

1) final fantasy's world is never consistent with prequels, sequels, or any other final fantasy games and so no consequences ever have to be felt in any explanations being that once 7s storyline is concluded that world will stop existing

2)big cannon = awesome haiiiiiiii ^____^

Damned Registrations

Gragt said:
In 4 (the only FF I played), I still had to grind for the last boss and it isn't a lack of skill, unless you call the boss one-shotting all characters a lack of skill.

http://ia341027.us.archive.org/1/items/ ... part32.mp4

Unless you consider beating the whole game in just over 3 hours a grind fest, I'd have to say it's a skill issue. You don't need your entire party to survive the attack, just a couple. Healing magic in the game is sickeningly powerful and elixers are plentiful. The guy in the above clip had Kain at level 60 something, rydia and rosa at 30 something, and cecil and edge at like 15. And he raped the boss dead ASAP. If you're willing to dick around with healing magic and items to draw out the battle you can do it at lower levels across the board.

Chrono trigger was just plain easy. Most multi target enemy attacks are either elemental and therefore pointless, or do damage based on your maximum hp. You can win the game with level 10 characters if you steal some stat tabs.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
Sovy Kurosei said:
Why did the super elite warrior program pick a bunch of whingey 16 year old adrogynes to be their stereotypical super soldier? Because :Japan:

Cloud said he was in SOLDIER but he actually wasn't in SOLDIER. He was really just some Shinra goon in blue uniform that tagged along with Sephiroth to Nibelheim. He then turned emo and made up some bullshit story that he got into SOLDIER so that he can convince himself that he wasn't the failure that he ended up being.

Although if you are talking about SeeD from FF8 then, well, yeah, you're right. :lol:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Vaarna_Aarne said:
So I herd u lieks teh mudkipz?

DOOM COCK!!!!!!
I suggest you watch out for Chapter 30 - The return of Flappyjack and his wacky friends! :wink:

Gragt said:
What's the best (or least bad) way to play that game? Emulation (with epsxe) or the pc version?
The only people who played the PC-version of this game is in Al Quackaeda now.

Also what Jasede and skyway said. There are no sane ways to play ANY JRPG without savestates. It's not that the game is hard, it's because you sometimes just don't want to keep playing until you reach that next fucking savepoint.

Hey, Herr Starr? What do you think about savepoints?

herr_starr.jpg

Damn straight, homey!

Damned Registrations

Saga frontier lets you save absolutely anywhere. the only thing a savestate would let you do is save in the middle of a battle or conversation.

Murk

Arcane
DamnedRegistrations said:
Saga frontier lets you save absolutely anywhere. the only thing a savestate would let you do is save in the middle of a battle or conversation.

Given that they're talking about ff7, which uses save-points if you're not on the world map, and has very lengthy dialog segments - I'd say that a savestate is very relevant.

Also, graphics don't really matter if all you're doing is re-texturing things.

Damned Registrations

There are no sane ways to play ANY JRPG without savestates. It's not that the game is hard, it's because you sometimes just don't want to keep playing until you reach that next fucking savepoint.

Because this had absolutely nothing to do with my post.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
DamnedRegistrations said:
There are no sane ways to play ANY JRPG without savestates. It's not that the game is hard, it's because you sometimes just don't want to keep playing until you reach that next fucking savepoint.

Because this had absolutely nothing to do with my post.
That would be correct. Do you feel cheated?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom