Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let Me Trainwreck Final Fantasy VII For You! (Completed!)

Lemunde

Scholar
SephirothDemands.jpg

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
You know what is missing in that picture?

The majestic brown horse making an FFVII update.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm actually playing The Witcher. I believe someone asked me to review it. I believe it will be my most positive review so far. I also believe in miracles.

We will begin Disc 2 in a little while. I'm still having a hard time accepting Aeris death.

Talonfire

Scholar
Andyman Messiah said:
I'm actually playing The Witcher. I believe someone asked me to review it. I believe it will be my most positive review so far. I also believe in miracles.

We will begin Disc 2 in a little while. I'm still having a hard time accepting Aeris death.

Still going through the seven stages of grief over Aeris, eh?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Talonfire said:
Andyman Messiah said:

Still going through the seven stages of grief over Aeris, eh?
1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

3. Stop giving a damn.

4. Not giving a damn.

5. Fucking weeaboos must die!

6. ???

7. PROFIT! AND UPDATE! MOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
1: *shrugs*
2: *makes "coffee"*
3: *drinks "coffee"*
4: *passes out*
5: *wakes up*
6: *jerks off*
7: *wipes cum off Final Fantasy 7 artbook*

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
By the way, you should update your let's play compilation thread and include mine, you zoophiliac swedish chef.

A user named cat

Did people play this muted or something? Why are people asking how kids got emotional over this?

It was all about the music, even more so than the actual sequence of events.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm playing it muted, running Winamp in the background. Playing this on my playstation when I was but a pony was annoying, and the music didn't do it for me at all. I thought it was crap. I've never been a fan of Nobuo Uematsu. Yasunori Mitsuda on the other hand...

Radisshu

Prophet
I actually liked most of FF7's music, it's definitely the best part of the game for me.

A user named cat

Playing it muted completely takes away from the atmosphere. The game made really good use of midi, something incredibly rare.

feighnt

Scholar
Dire Roach said:
I thought NU's work on FF7 was pretty weak compared to what he did on 4 and 6.

i would agree with 6, though little more than perhaps one or two tracks in 4 caught my attention. but, i have to admit, as i've grown older, i've come to think they sound much nicer, so perhaps i just didnt appreciate it when i was a kid.

anyway, with 7 i did find it weak, compared to 6, but there are quite a few songs which really stand out, and set the mood excellently - particularly that which they play in Midgar(d? forget how they spelled it for that game) contained a number of very atmospheric, emotional pieces. it also, oddly, manages to be one of the few soundtracks out there that manages to make some *really* nice songs using (the electronic equivalent of) the accordion!

examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CK2hx377iU (at 0:34)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ky-cTSKlKQ (basically from the start)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Multiply the time with six, divide it by zero and add a couple of days. I'm busy with real work. Updates will come when I have time. Until then go bother Gragt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom