Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let Me Trainwreck Final Fantasy VII For You! (Completed!)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Dammit horse, it's over :(

You should have posted the last updates one picture at a time. This way it could last for a couple of months more... or better yet, forevar !

Now you should LP all FF7 spin-offs square made to milk the fanboys.

RainSong

Scholar
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Finest hour of the Codex.

RainSong said:
Sckarecrow92 said:
Now do ff8.

It was done already by the SpoonyOne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1njLpZDfUCQ
Yea, but he pussied out and skipped a lot of shit.

I wouldn't say he pussied out (he did it in mainstream place - just check the fanboys comments and see how much shit he's getting for it ;]), the skipping part is more the format thing then anything else i think (also its let's play/review mix). it's still something like 10++ parts each around 10 min long so if u want to watch it all (its not codex material but it's still okayish) it's pretty long.

Santander02

Arcane
I've been lurking here since around the time the first FFVII LP was posted (and canceled) so I feel I've just gotta say something after such a long time.

Well played Andyman, well played, I can't imagine how many beers you neded to finish this shit during these last 2 years :)

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
RainSong said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

RainSong said:
Sckarecrow92 said:
Now do ff8.

I wouldn't say he pussied out (he did it in mainstream place - just check the fanboys comments and see how much shit he's getting for it ;]), the skipping part is more the format thing then anything else i think (also its let's play/review mix). it's still something like 10++ parts each around 10 min long so if u want to watch it all (its not codex material but it's still okayish) it's pretty long.
Already been an awesome FF8 lp a long time ago, look it up at the archive.
http://www.letsplayarchive.com/

If you read through it you'll notice that the Spoony guy stole some of the jokes from it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
MST3K-ing Advent Children would probably spell the end of the individual known as Andyman Messiah, and so would all the other FF7-spinoffs. After I post the last update, which'll be tomorrow, I firmly believe that I have officially earned the right to avoid any and all Final Fantasy-related products until the end of the world. I mean it.

The last chapter is titled "Chapter 78 - No, I will not lp Crisis Core!"

Btw, Spoony's review videos of FF8 are great.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
RainSong said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

RainSong said:
Sckarecrow92 said:
Now do ff8.

Well, I'm just butthurt because it felt like it was cut short. Ask me, the first vids were Spoony's best.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Well, I'm just butthurt because it felt like it was cut short. Ask me, the first vids were Spoony's best.

They're meant to be funny and they are. They would quite likely have been significantly less funny if not heavily edited but instead forcing viewers to sit through the entire ass-slow game.

Ergo, your opinion is stupid and you're a stupid-face. QED.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I have just one minor thing before I can sleep the good sleep.

Namely, Chapter 78 - I will not lp Crisis Core

ff7ep1.jpg

ff7ep2.jpg

ff7ep3.jpg

ff7ep4.jpg

ff7ep5.jpg

ff7ep6.jpg

ff7ep7.jpg

ff7ep8.jpg

ff7ep9.jpg

ff7ep10.jpg

ff7ep13.jpg

ff7ep14.jpg

ff7ep15.jpg

ff7ep16.jpg

ff7ep17.jpg

ff7ep19.jpg

ff7ep20.jpg

ff7ep21.jpg

ff7ep22.jpg

ff7ep23.jpg

ff7ep24.jpg

ff7ep25.jpg

ff7ep26.jpg

ff7ep27.jpg

ff7ep28.jpg

ff7ep29.jpg

ff7ep30.jpg

ff7ep31.jpg

ff7ep32.jpg

ff7ep34.jpg

ff7ep35.jpg

ff7ep36.jpg

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
One of the northern tribes claims they are descended from Codexia. They hold that their founder and ancestor, one known as Andyman Messiah once saved the world from a Final Faggotry VII. According to their legend, this evil arose in the far east. It corrupted all it touched, twisting men inside, turning them into beasts. Only through the bravery of this Andyman Messiah was the Final Faggotry VII destroyed. But in so doing, he lost many of his friends and suffered greatly, sacrificing much of himself to save the Codexia.

When at last he returned to the home he had fought so hard to protect, he was cast out. Exiled. In confronting that which they feared, he had become something else in their eyes...and no longer their champion.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Elhoim said:
Great work :salute:

I thought the last update was going to be with the video of 500 hundred years later, but this one was pretty good too :)
And simple and rather dramaturgically pleasing.

I just don't think the 500 years thing later is important in any way. It just seems like some fluff they added just for the heck of it. Seagulls flying by the overgrown ruins of Midgar. Meh.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Andyman Messiah said:
Elhoim said:

I thought the last update was going to be with the video of 500 hundred years later, but this one was pretty good too :)

I just don't think the 500 years thing later is important in any way. It just seems like some fluff they added just for the heck of it. Seagulls flying by the overgrown ruins of Midgar. Meh.

Well, after AC is certainly not important, but before it was thought that it showed that humanity was wiped out by holy.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Elhoim said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Elhoim said:

Well, after AC is certainly not important, but before it was thought that it showed that humanity was wiped out by holy.
Yeah, I dunno. I never thought that even when I played it back in 1997 or so. To me the cutscene just shows that the planet succeded in recuperating from all the mako exploitation, not that humanity was wiped out. Although I suppose there's still a chance it could happen, considering Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom