Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let us reconsider subfora

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Jaedar, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The codex is going down the shitter. This is nothing new. The source however, is. In the past, the primary source has always been the posters fucking shit up. But the latest change was done by the 'administration' for seemingly no reason.

The new subforums are shit. The point of dividing the codex into different forums is to increase readability. This is why GD is separate from the library, and both are kept distant from GRPG. This makes sense. The idea of having temporary forums for new "hot" releases was also a good one. In the past it has been the case that the readability of GRPG decreased because there were 8 skyrim threads on the first page. And so a temporary (lasting until 1 month after release or so) subforum made sense.

Sadly, the 'administration' failed to realize the temporary aspect. Instead, they decided that we should have more, permanent subforums. Because of course, anyone interested in Armored Warfare is also interested in Mask of the Betrayer! And either is going to have so much activity it could not possibly fit into GRPG proper without making all the other threads disappear in the deluge!

It is making GRPG a lot less readable for everyone who doesn't use "New Posts" and those people don't care about which forum anything is in anyway, so their opinion means nothing in this case.

So, here is what you should do: Remove all the subforums currently in GRPG. You may choose to leave the Fallout4 and Witcher3 forums intact if you feel it necessary, the second for only a few weeks more before moving its contents back into the general pool with the appropriate tag.

• Brofist Brofist x 24
    ^ Top  
  2. taxalot I'm a spicy fellow. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    I am not shocked in any fashion to see people here refusing change.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    I fully support this.

The original idea of setting up new temporary forums for new games to remove clutter was good and should be kept. But the bizarre train of logic that made it evolve into RPGWatch-lite with permanent subforums for 'companies' is stupid. In fact, I would say it once again just creates clutter, which is in direct opposition to the original idea.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  4. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    Infiniforums

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Wait, someone browses other forum pages than 'new posts'?

• Brofist Brofist x 15
    ^ Top  
  6. Sensuki Arcane

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Yeah, fuck the sub-forums.

^ Top  
  7. made Arcane

made
    ^ Top  
  8. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Fuck subforums about things that I am not interested in.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Turn-Based RPG forum

Action RPG forum

+M

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  10. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    Old people, most likely. No wonder they are butthurt about the new subforums.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Fixed.

I have ignored the CDProjekt subforum and my Codex browsing experience has improved. Please keep that one at least so I can continue having it on ignore.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  12. Don Peste Arcane

Don Peste
    Bethesda needs his own subforum. After waiting for five or six or more years to get the latest patches, mods, addons, and read every opinion, guide and PhD on the matter to try to properly play or enjoy a bit their games, it's better to have all the threads on their own place than to use the Search function.
    Plus ghettos are fun.

BTW the plural for subforum is subforumae.

^ Top  
  13. Eyestabber Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    What did Geralt ever do to you to deserve such hatred? :O

^ Top  
  14. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    I think Bee means readability has improved because the potatos with broken english tend to be found more frequently in the vicinity of Witcher threads.

Crisis On Infinite Subfora

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    So where do I create my "MotB vs Morrowind - which is better and why?? Discuss!!!" thread, in Obsidian, Bethesda or Retardo?

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  16. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Indeed, an ability to remove the junk you're not interested in from the premises entirely is alone worth as many subforums as needed.

But company subforums? Srsly? Are you fucking kidding me? Pls buy the idiot who came up with this wonderful idea some brain, ot at least fill the hollow void between his ears with concrete or something. This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of in my 20 years of using teh internets.

Make a separate forum for every game (or franchise at best*) that warrants an isolated gas chamber if necessary, but drop that retarded company-based bullshit. A truly monocled gamer doesn't even want to know how the bunch of faggots who had made this or that game are calling themselves :obviously:

* and yeah, seeing Black Isle fangirls being contained together with bethestards would make some sweet trolling :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Absalom Guest

Absalom
    I still miss the days of the 'Shit Jaesun doesn't like' forum. You knew exactly where things belonged then. (It was also much less cluttered with half of the other forums gone:codexisfor:)

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  18. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    I don't check any of the subforums, unless a thread shows up on most latest posts/thread section. Mission accomplished, I guess?

^ Top  
  19. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Nothing in particular. It's just convenient to be able to ignore subforums on topics / games / companies I know I have no interest in, no matter how many new threads get posted in those. Same reason I'm ignoring the MMO subforum, for example.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    :(

</3

:(

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  21. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Notice she didn't say she avoided the Bethesda subforum~

^ Top  
  22. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Duh. I would never want to miss out on the entertainment the Fallout 4 thread provides.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  23. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    The real travesty here is that the cooking subforum isn't moderated by Scrooge is hidden away under library. It should be visible on the main forum list without mousing over a tiny arrow icon.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    It is where it should be.

^ Top  
  25. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Decided to look at the subforum based on your recommendation, top thread is "The Blistering Stupidity of Fallout 3" :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.