Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let us reconsider subfora

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Oh yeah, obligatory:

BEHOLD THE TERRIBLE FUTURE YOU ARE TRYING TO CREATE!

index.php

Shadenuat

Arcane
When admins have nothing to do I think it's a good idea to construct a giant hamster wheel
They could be put there and run and generate electricity
It would be a lot more productive way of spending their wasted energy than what they generally do out of boredom, like posting fourth/fifth/sixth PoE review, creating subforums or moving & merging threads

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:bravo:

Good ol' dicksmokergate and the tumblr crowd defending "her" as not looking at all masculine and obviously being a homely woman without makeup.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It seems the only people happy with the new subfora are people who happen to want to ignore one of them. This is still not a meaningful long term solution, as divisions by company make no sense in most cases. The only alternative for the ignore-happy is an RPGwatch style SUBFORUM FOR EVERYTHING, and I don't think I need to point out why that is not a good idea.

I must therefore ask that the people who wish to ignore any of the current subfora to make a sacrifice for the greater good of the codex and simply learn to skip past the occasional thread they don't want to read. It is a heavy burden and we thank you for shouldering it.

And like I said originally: feel free to keep temporary subfora for new games, because having to skip past 10 threads can be too much.

Would the responsible party please enact the needed changes or state why they should not?

Fuck offus maximus
It is an acceptable plural form, especially for scholarly texts. And surely the codex is scholastic?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was just thinking to post this suggestion today, let's make a subforum for recent popamole releases. There's just been too many of them and the recent fashion that compels random neckbeards to pose as hardcore rpg players will only make things worse in the near- and mid-term.

Company subforums are annoying because these things change names and split into shards all the time. Also it's a pretty transparent ploy to be able to say "I have zero posts there :smug: " in the near future.

Make one subforum for each alphabet letter and end the autism wars forever

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If you're complaining about sub-forums now, a sub-forum for each series would be over-kill. Already we'd have: Fallout, Wasteland, PoE (is that a new series?), Baldur's Gate, NWN, KotoR, Bard's Tale...

A split over style of game creates division around definitions. "We need a forum for isometric turn-based games which are clearly different from phase-based top-down games... But then we also need a forum for real-time phase based games with isometric view modes... Jaesun moved a phase-based game into the turn-based forum for no reason. I disagree, the game is clearly turn-based and not phase-based because the character's wang in act 2..."

Closing sub-forums and moving threads back into GRPGD once a game is released ignores the fact that every forum still has multiple threads active, despite the games having been released for some time now. There are 6 threads in the Obsidian forum with new posts just today about PoE. There are 7 in inXile, mostly about Wasteland 2. We'd be back to merge hell in no time.

And no matter how many arguments we have about what does or doesn't constitute an RPG, no-one can argue about which company made the damn thing. And if you don't know which company made it, then you really shouldn't be on the Codex in the first place.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
the bioware subforum is the worst idea I have ever seen

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're also not called "BioWare Entertainment". :mrfussy:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What about these rpg forums:

Yet to be released
Recently released
Old as shit

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A PoE subforum was the only one we ever truly needed, and even that is temporary

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just use tags appropriately. No need for sub forums.

I think they made the subforum so they can round them up and brand them with Bethestard tags until they can think of a final solution.

I DID notice an increase of "Bethtard" tag usage. The branding is real. I can't wait for the final solution. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom