Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let us reconsider subfora

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Just use tags appropriately. No need for sub forums.

I think they made the subforum so they can round them up and brand them with Bethestard tags until they can think of a final solution.

I DID notice an increase of "Bethtard" tag usage. The branding is real. I can't wait for the final solution. :lol:
finally someone who understands.

The subfora are for the codex's benefit. We need to coral the non-humans into groups so that we can tag them and eventually cull their herds when they become too numerous. The people who are against this are either ignorant or just closeted Bethtards who want to post there, but don't want to be branded.

I fully support the subfora as a loyal codexian and eagerly await the EXTERMINATION re-education of the underclasses.

What about these rpg forums:

Yet to be released
Recently released
Old as shit

"LOL, is YTBR the place where we talk about vaporware?"

"You better keep this shit in Recently Released until 2030, I don't want this shit polluting OaS.

"Ahem, excuuuuuuse me? 1996 is considered old now? Wow, Codex sure has declined, is this kindergarten? Move this thread back to RR where it belongs."

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I see there's now a Bioware subforum and the main GRPG discussion actually has some discussion about RPGs in it, rather than trolling and finger-pointing. I feel at peace. Although a vast hoard of the disposessed have descended into Site Feedback, so nothing's perfect.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I see there's now a Bioware subforum and the main GRPG discussion actually has some discussion about RPGs in it, rather than trolling and finger-pointing. I feel at peace. Although a vast hoard of the disposessed have descended into Site Feedback, so nothing's perfect.
That will be resolved just as soon as we create the Sub Forum Discussion, Merged Thread Discussion and Ban Infinitron sub-forums.

kazgar

Arcane
The grpg main forum is looking pretty good right now, lots of space for SitS and Underrail and Neanderthal discussion.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
All the Beth crap confined to one place out of my sight? Yeah, sorry that's too big of a perk.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In this thread: People trying so hard to have speshul opinions that they pretend clicking once more to see a company's games makes any bloody difference.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am currently hard at work moving every single BioWare game thread I can find to the new forum.

I know that the more hours I put into this, the greater the chances of DarkUnderlord reverting it all back.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I am currently hard at work moving every single BioWare game thread I can find to the new forum.

I know that the more hours I put into this, the greater the chances of DarkUnderlord reverting it all back.
url

#pointlessocd

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

While you are at it, please move the armored warfare thread to the appropriate forum.
That will be resolved just as soon as we create the Sub Forum Discussion, Merged Thread Discussion and Ban Infinitron sub-forums.
Could we also have a PoE review subforum? For posting and discussing the endless tide of them.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So all threads go in popamole and only by being championed in an UT match can they be elevated to monocled status?

DraQ

Arcane
So where do I create my "MotB vs Morrowind - which is better and why?? Discuss!!!" thread, in Obsidian, Bethesda or Retardo?
In GRPGD. Same with threads about whatever doesn't fit in any of the subforums and threads discussing general cRPG stuff, not necessarily tied to any particular game.
You can't ignore tags. Having everything in a common "bag" also encourages merging shit into >100 page megathreads which is something no sane person (yeah, I know) wants.

Company subforums are annoying because these things change names and split into shards all the time.
Pff. Just use the name of the company that *developed* given game, not whoever holds the IP rights at the moment.
Will also yield precious opportunities to show all the newfags who will inevitably show up and start threads asking about FO1 and FO2 in Bethesda's subforum their place in the fucking foodchain.

It's either companies or subgenres, with companies having the upside of usually sticking to particular subgenre(s), not leaving any room for controversy and inane squabbling that follows and individual companies usually having particular flavour to them so that blanket hatred or appreciation of all or most of given company's games is common - you generally know what to expect of Bethesda, Bioware, Larian or BIs/Troika/Obsidian game.

Also it's a pretty transparent ploy to be able to say "I have zero posts there :smug: " in the near future.
:smug:
Won't work, though, I don't know any codexer who would pass on opportunity to post something especially vitriolic in a thread about game they consider shit.
All the subforums will accomplish is that this something will probably be more interesting and better thought out than simple drive-by shitposting.

Make one subforum for each alphabet letter and start the autism wars forever
Fixed.
Lastly, it helps identify edgy retards who masturbate to to holocaust photos:

I think they made the subforum so they can round them up and brand them with Bethestard tags until they can think of a final solution.

I DID notice an increase of "Bethtard" tag usage. The branding is real. I can't wait for the final solution. :lol:
Oh, there will be one, just probably not the one you expect or want.
:smug:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ignoring the fact that I never commented on any holocaust photo (I've never seen this shit being posted here, tbh), like the autist you are. Followed by the obligatory ":smug:".

You're getting awfully predictable. And boring. Go back to writing about how dragon bones are pretty rare in Skyrim, please. THAT shit was funny at least.

Revenant

Well, at least this bullshit with subfora will make me stick even more to GD instead of GRPGD, and good riddance :hero:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

ffs that was over a week ago. is that your strategy? wait until everyone has forgotten and then come back and "win" the argument?

btw, initially, you said only "dragon bone" loot. No mention of "armor":
Vanilla Skyrim sorely lacked unique loot but even in vanilla there are chests and valuable items hidden in out of the way, seemingly inaccessible locations, and since even in vanilla stuff like daedric or dragon-scale/bone remains rare even at high levels an extra chest does matter.
you vaguely implied it though, but ffs write clearly if you are going to chide people for reading comprehension.

Last edited by a moderator:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Remove sections altogether. Make one gigantic forum. Hell, make only one gigantic thread for the whole forum with the impossibility to create other ones. That's how the Shoutbox works, and it's really just fine. We live in an age where we should simplify our lives.

DraQ

Arcane
ffs that was over a week ago. is that your strategy? wait until everyone has forgotten and then come back and "win" the argument?

btw, initially, you said only "dragon bone" loot. No mention of "armor":
Vanilla Skyrim sorely lacked unique loot but even in vanilla there are chests and valuable items hidden in out of the way, seemingly inaccessible locations, and since even in vanilla stuff like daedric or dragon-scale/bone remains rare even at high levels an extra chest does matter.
you vaguely implied it though, but ffs write clearly if you are going to chide people for reading comprehension.
I mentioned it in-line with daedric which you don't get as raw material.

Remove sections altogether. Make one gigantic forum. Hell, make only one gigantic thread for the whole forum with the impossibility to create other ones. That's how the Shoutbox works, and it's really just fine. We live in an age where we should simplify our lives.
I would love it if we could switch this kind of view on but only for those who whine about sections. And don't let them switch back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom