Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Let's abandon Xenonauts on page 5

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Trannies and Gentlemen, I give you:

xenonaughts-cover-art.jpg

It's that time of year again. Xenonauts has been out for a while. Codex still doesn't have a finished LP. This will not stand.

To keep loading time on the pages from being too obnoxious, I'll spoiler tag the individual updates.

What's this then?

The spiritual successor to UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-COM: UFO Defense if you're a fag). It's released and available from all your favourite digital distributors. We'll be playing the "Community Edition", which is a semi-official balance/tweaks/bugfixes mod. We'll also be using Skitzos map packs to reduce the # of repeating maps for crash sites.

Following mods/maps are in use:
Community Edition (enabled from the betas tab in steam)
alien base maps: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12794-Skitso-s-Alien-Base-Booster-Pack
crash/terror site maps: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/...V1-09-Skitso-s-Ultimate-Megamix-Map-Pack-2000
gfx upgrades: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/...-s-improved-tile-art-pack?p=137239#post137239
soldier roles in minibars: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11243-X-CE-0-24-Soldier-roles-in-minibars

What are you playing?
Veteran difficulty. Ironman. Codexian recruits. If I run out of volunteers, we'll clone the bodies of the deceased.

Will you show us everything?
Recruits, research, first encounter with new races and UFOs. generally interesting missions. I'll probably skip describing some of the ground missions if nothing exciting happens and just summarize.

Will you abandon this LP like you did with everything except wesnoth, blood bowl, your last Xenonauts LP, your first Kerbal LP and that blobber thing?
Probably. I've a track record of doing just that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Edngame conditions will be if we run out of funding nations (obviously), I fuck everything up so back the game is deemed irrecoverable or KSP 1.0/Underrail get released and I become utterly distracted.

Honored dead :salute:

H0tLYJJ.jpg

Current roster

ypPFi6M.jpg

1qub7bM.jpg

WPxnz7y.jpg

3TolsYl.jpg

S0bmR5C.jpg

WnNULMp.jpg

DtsmLHx.jpg

I6WIjET.jpg

gTyH0th.jpg

Recruitment pool

Gondolin
Jaedar
Cassidy
Aeshylus
Quilty
Grimgravy
eklektyk
mrowak
SmartCheetah
Ashery
ERYFKRAD
Imperator
Dead Guy
MrContinuity
The Brazilian Slaughter
oasis789
Elfberserker
Ovg
MasterSmithFandango
Deuce Traveler

First update once I have enough recruits to fill a transport helicopter. Also taking suggestions for what to name the transport helicopter and our first base.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
My forum handle should be generic enough for your typical redshirt/meat shield.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
You know that one moron who goes berzerk and kills 2 of his fellow soldiers when there is an alien right in front of him?

I want to be that guy! Sign me up!

lightbane

Arcane
Meh, why the hell not? Sign me up as a heavy weapons guy/tranny or, failing that, a kamikaze meatshield shock trooper with a shield.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well, we cannot refuse the call. Your humble servant reporting for duty, sir!

Gimme grenades and I'll give you dead aliens. Hopefully.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I, for one, welcome our soon to be abandoned LP overlords. Sign me up for jolly cooperation.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I want to give everyone hug and warm buckshots including my own mates.

I want to see if game changed some after my last playthrough.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Give me a rocket launcher please. Rocketers get to save games, kill allies, and commit suicide. What more career opportunities could one want?

Or just whatever if you're not using rockets

Cassidy

Arcane
Not too late, I hope.

I'd rather a Predator assault armor and a big, really big Gauss gun... barring that then die firing a machinegun to the last round.

:hero:

*Edit: was thinking about starting a Xenonauts LP now that CE 0.32 was released, but too late I guess.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm currently stuck in the FLGS. But there will be an update before I go to sleep tonight. Will stream on steam when I get home.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
*Edit: was thinking about starting a Xenonauts LP now that CE 0.32 was released, but too late I guess.

There's room for multiple Xnaut LPs in this playground. I volunteer to be your shotgun murderdude :salute:

Quilty

Magister
Reporting for duty, commander!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom