Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Let's abandon Xenonauts on page 5

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
DED already, and right after I got promoted too. :negative:

Death Count: 1

You can recruit private MicoSelva the 2nd next time you have an opening. He/she/it shall wait patiently in line until then.

Dead Guy

Cipher
I want to meet interesting and stimulating lifeforms from a different planet... and kill them. I want to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill!

lightbane

Arcane
Speaking of that^, I say we name the first new transport we develop as "Enterprise". It is totally fitting :M

Quilty

Magister
Now THAT was a truly codexian engagement. I approve, commander.

MrContinuity

Learned
Never send Yuropeans to do a Kwans job, (blow up civilians and get bored in a few years, months, days, what?). sign me up to defend the Konstitution.

:kwafuckyeah:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
That's the way to start the LP - explosions and some death. Then more deaths.
Buckshots time!

Last edited:

Cassidy

Arcane
Having someone with a pistol in one hand, a grenade in the other and lots of extra grenades in the belt is a less powerful but safer alternative to rockets. Shields increase TU costs for throwing grenades so those aren't as good for the specific role of grenadiers as dedicated ones, of course they are less likely to die as quickly as their grenades blow too.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:happytrollboy:

I'm stuck with some extra work right now. Tomorrow is d&d night. Saturday I'm helping family. Update soon™

Srsly. I'll try to squeeze something out. I have ~200 images to sort through for September 1979. I just need to write text for them.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Awww man. C'mon. Give us a fix. I'm downing hard here, after the news of Sir Terry Pratchett's passing. Some Playground action would help me take my mind off that.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Staying frosty

Going to cut it all a bit short because lots of work. Also death of Terry Pratchett has me kind of bummed out. :negative:

rSIQs1t.jpg

Returning from Allahu Akbar, another UFO shows up. Choice&Consequence are both scrambled to intercept, but fail to catch up with the UFO.

s41ewDN.jpg

however, as luck would have it, the UFO shows up again shortly after the interceptors return and lands somewhere in the ass end of nowhere. It is supremely stupid to send a transport out to a landed vessel that has no interceptor coverage If the ufo takes off when we get close, it'll blast the chopper out of the sky and kill a bunch of poeple. so that's what we do!
:troll:

BlUN1P4.jpg

The landing site is polar. Polar/snowy maps tend to feature lots of open terrain. This paticular one has a small research station.

sVvNPU8.jpg

Profreshinal makes first contact. The snowmobile is supremely annoying because it grants 100% cover. And we'll need to move out in the open to get around it.

NOgBqMm.jpg

To prevent reaction fire, Roxor deploys tactical Kurwa. Even though his HMG has 0% hance of hitting, the bullets spraying around the lizard is enough to keep its head down.

MzzEkhL.jpg

Scrooge and Zdzisiu both realize there's little work for them in the open go to chill inside the research station.

CVLVvhy.jpg

Attempts to remove the snowmobile with C4 charges fail. It is mad eof indestructible Sovietanium. fortunately, the lizard shows no interest in moving closer, so Luzur is able to take it down with her sniper rifle. At this range, the lizards have severe trouble hitting you with return fire.

vWECaJp.jpg

As the shieldmaidens move up, another lizard is spotted. Roxor deploys the Tactical Kurwa.

onwTcNK.jpg

With great success! :incline:

9Huqoa5.jpg

During the aliens turn, a lizard is spotted wandering the frozen wastes, no doubt wishing it was warmblooded. A full auto burst later, Brotherfrank puts it out of its misery.

ikvBEcN.jpg

In the meantime, Scrooge and Zdzisiu have grown bored and moved down towards the newly explored ufo. Shieldmaidens are on their way too, but they move a lot slower than our shotgun murdersquad.

lN0AiBd.jpg

Impatience nearly proves disastrous! The aliens open the UFO hatch and spray automatic fire at them both! Scrooge is suppressed, while Zdzisiu takes plasma to the face and gets severely burned!

JfbcuYf.jpg

Another lizard is found hiding in a corner. As long as it's standing up there, we can't rush everyone to the UFO to assist! Luzur tries to take it out, but her rifle simply doesn't pack a big enough punch to handle the lizard. Brotherfrank manages a hail mary 15% chance to hit shot and finished it off, leaving 4249 free to run down and shield Scrooge.

8tYqzLi.jpg

Her assistance is none too soon. On their turn, the Aliens repeat their trick of opening the door, firing a bunch of shots and closing the door again. 4249's shield absorbs the incoming fire.

RWY1dAa.jpg

Unfortunately, the suppression means 4249 does not have enough TUs to throw a flashbang after opening the door. Scrooge tries a point blank execution shot...

i97w4sI.jpg

But the Lizards remain standing and shoot back with reaction fire! :negative:
Scrooge is burning and bleeding from being showered in hot sticky plasma!

CSJ3GLZ.jpg

Zdzisiu tries to provide covering fire, but only manages to suppress his allies! :x

Xk8Wmdj.jpg

vader.jpg

wRxzYTK.jpg

ckIqDGk.jpg

Things go from bad to worse! Scrooge only has a few turns left before she bleeds out. But with the aliens playing peekaboo, it's too risky to move anyone up to heal her. And she's too busy screaming "Mein Leben!" and "Weißwurst!" to use her own medikit!

x420NRA.jpg

It's all up to Zdzisius and Darth Roxor to save our damsel in distress. Zdzisiu spent the last few turns panicking after being shot, but his morale is finally back up. For glory, he charges the UFO.

sCfzyZS.jpg

Great success! not only does his burst take out the reptilian noncombatant. the gory display is enough to suppress its comrade, saving Zdzisiu from terminal reaction fire.

qZRIhVm.jpg

Roxor sprays the last alien with righteous fury for a second kill and well-earned promotion! :salute:

duPFkYC.png

Alas, 4249. The best ones always die young... :negative:
If I hadn't been so impatient and split people up too soon, you might've lived.

qWqohuZ.jpg

ozipele.jpg

Back on the Geoscape, our geeks finally convince the russians to lend us superior Soviet technology. The MiG-32 will be our main interceptor for a while. Its main weakness is the lack of a cannon. If its missiles miss, it has nothing left to attack with. Many of our upgrades also tick in. In light of the tragic Xenonaut losses, the next research topic is alien alloys, which will go towards developing better armor for our troops.

1J16xQU.jpg

Hoooooo boy. Lots of UFO activity just outside radar and interception range. This is not going to look good on the end of month report.

6gP8mN1.jpg

The first MiGs are bult by our communist comrades though. Avellone and Sawyer stand ready to fight the alien menace and balance the odds in our favour!

There you go Azira.
I'll update the rosters on the front page in a moment. Some minor spoilers as the screenshots I have are from Oct 1st ingame.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Solid whiteknight akshun by potato, almost lost die prinzessin to the tentacle menace!

Too bad about 4249 bro though, but hey, with him removed...

I'm in! :bounce:

....as a hideous Czechoslovakian tranny. :negative:

But at least I'm not a kongo kwanbozo spear-chucka like JagreenLern! :D

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
For those wondering why everyone's lugging around backpacks full of C4 in the roster ovewview: The way you get +strength upgrades is by moving x tiles in a mission with more than 80% of your weight capacity taken up. Since regular explosives are free in xnauts, I'm giving everyone max load so you can bulk up in preparation for heavier armor.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
whyyyyy.png

Curse you Zdzisiu!

Oh well, atleast it wasn't a completely dishonorable death. Did my duty and protected the sarge from incoming extraterrestial fire.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
For those wondering why everyone's lugging around backpacks full of C4 in the roster ovewview: The way you get +strength upgrades is by moving x tiles in a mission with more than 80% of your weight capacity taken up. Since regular explosives are free in xnauts, I'm giving everyone max load so you can bulk up in preparation for heavier armor.

No penalities for TU? Most games did that, some significanlty, other are managable.

Ashery

Prophet

No penalities for TU? Most games did that, some significanlty, other are managable.

Penalties are only applied when >100% Str capacity. Another useful thing to carry around, at least in the early game when there's no armor to weigh your troops down, is a spare long range weapon on the shotgunners. It keeps you from being tempted to recklessly move up the shotgunners due to your own frustration at their uselessness at long range. Though, admittedly, that would also make the LP less entertaining, heh.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And we don't want the LP to be less entertaining. :3

But yeah. The strength buffing is the easiest stat to raise. TU come every 250 TUs spent, reactions come from successfully reaction firing at an alien. Health comes from earning other stats. Accuracy comes from making shots near the weapons max range. Bravery comes from panicking, fleeing getting mindraped by psi and earning medals. Useful to keep in mind if you're looking to improve your dudes

eklektyk

Erudite
so title lies !!!!!1 its abandoned on pagan 4 !!!1111!!one!1111

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom