Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Let's abandon Xenonauts on page 5

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
gun is dependable

i am very satisfied with gun

Grandma Roxorowski blesses me from above with great riches

That she does
6sa7rIZ.jpg

Cool updates! Good thing that my guy so far is alive. By the way, are you going to use tanks/vehicles?

Eventually, once we get the first transport upgrade. I don't really wanna cut down to 6 bros just to get a scout car in.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Breach, Bang and Clear

7qdB2rh.jpg

We're not taking any chances on this one. It's our first "medium" size UFO and we've no idea what kind of alien horrors we'll be facing. The newfags are kicked back to the barracks in favour of Lieutenants Zdzisiu and Dayyalu. Vacation time is over.

VEH0Kfv.jpg

Reports indicate the aliens crashes in Sweden. We need to contain the crash site quickly before locals show up to volunteer for anal probing.

K1Ew5Bk.jpg

Right out of the gate, Luzur spots an alien. Caesans are roaming the snowy wastelands. She lands a solid hit, but the alien remains standing.

STMOusK.jpg

It takes further 2 shots from Lightbane and Gondolin before the alien falls. No doubt the frigid ambient temperatures lowering the efficiency of our heat-based weaponry.

o3r5pcX.jpg

A barrage of plasma bolts ventilate a local anal probee. The aliens have brought Tactical Kurwa of their own! :eek:

vWLmvpI.jpg

Cripes that's a big one. It's a testament to the aliens perversion of the laws of nature that thing even flies. Well, until we pump it full of rokkits anyway. :smug:

brMES2v.jpg

Another melonheaded alien is spotted alongside what look slike a miniature UFO. Roxor deploys his hyperweapon but both of them remain unfazed.

PSv8tkr.jpg

Someone mutters "These Grognards have no balance..." The newfag Gondolin steps up to the plate, lines up his rifle and blows the aliens brains all over the snow with a 360 noscope headshot. :salute:

V7lKlSg.jpg

Turns out it's the miniature ufo that deploys alien kurwa. Fortunately for Profreshinal it's even worse at hitting than Roxor.

PfJv2lj.jpg

Pow! After severl hits, Lightbane finally bags the overgrown mosquito.

5Rcen6h.jpg

Dayyalu spots another of the sneaky fuckers trying to sneak around our flank to the north.

tddX5ER.jpg

And this time Roxors aim is true!

NZV3lRa.jpg

The team moves in to secure the UFO. The cheecky fuckers start taking potshots at Roxor while a couple of plasma shots zip over our heads from behind.

FPb0MFD.jpg

Turns out one of the fuckers was trying to be a hero...

w8eqthc.jpg

Zdzisiu will have none of it!

3y9XV6n.jpg

Profreshinal tries the peekaboo game on the UFO...

XxZOXxN.jpg

And Roxor - enraged from his grazing hit - dials Kurwa up to the max!

d6S23zz.jpg

A redshirt - we've previously identified those as "noncombatants" is huddling in the entrance room. This seems like an idea candidate for interrogation.

T2S5owI.jpg

We lob a couple of our newly researched stun grenades into the UFO and wait for the smoke to disperse

CWIudDa.jpg

The aliens still have a psion hiding somewhere. Scrooge is visited with repeated images of Prosperland and cowers in terror.

fqpyUkD.jpg

the team moves up into the UFO. Space is cramped - but between interior chest high walsl and shieldmaidens we have ample cover. An alien is foolish enough to open the door and is immediately shredded by reaction fire.

tmUORRh.jpg

darth-vader-no_zpsdeb6db1e-jpg.5114

Shit! The clustered xenonauts proves too tempting a target - and one of the aliens packed a grenade! Lightbane is turned into abstract art all over the walls and ceiling. RIP :salute:

NDKjkd8.jpg

As usual, Scrooge is quick to avenge the fallen. If only she would kill the aliens before they killed her bros instead... :negative:

6kl3sCQ.jpg

The UFO turns out to be cleared. Somewhere out there in the snow is a lone alien, hiding and waiting to anal probe someone.
It is decided that the swedes would probably like that, so we leave it out there, opting instead for holding the UFO for 5 turns to complete the mission.
:troll:

JQJMeRl.png

It's a bit of a shame Lightbane died. Aliens barely ever use grenades and then we meet the only one who had the presence of mind (and spare TUs) to do so. A very solid performance to Gondolin. :salute: It'a about time some of the riflemen pulled their weight. Not pictured: Ton of new science options. We should be able to get drop ship upgrades soon™

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Aliens barely ever use grenades

Not from my experience.

Well, the scrublord basic combatants don't use them a lot, sure, but officers, elites, etc, they lob them on every occasion they get. And that dude was an officer. Shoulda taken advantage from how close he was and clubbed him over the head.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Didn't bring any stunrods. Just 'nades. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Might be because the last time I srsly played this was back in beta. Or because I rarely cluster up like we did in that UFO.

lightbane

Arcane
Dammit, my guy died, this time for real :decline:
Oh well, it was bound to happen, sooner or later.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

Might be because the last time I srsly played this was back in beta. Or because I rarely cluster up like we did in that UFO.

Helmet aliens(officer,leader) resist nades use rods against them.

Btw did they change winning conditions in recent builds. I did finish my playthough in october. Dont remember hold Ufo for 5 turns condition.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Fun fact, the dudes maintianing the Community Edition changed some shit in the 0.32 version, and now some people cannot run the mod because it can't write some files into the users/xxx/appdata/ folder, its some problem with Windows permission system (Even on admin account) but if you get the "Cannot initiate internat scripts" error, just revert to 0.31 H1, thats the last one before the change.

And Im pissed because the answer on the forums seems to be "Sorry, thats a Windows problem, can't help you". But I wonder why they would even move the folder into there in the first place since shit worked ok in the last version.

Oh how I miss the times when games kept all of their files in the folder you told them to.

Ashery

Prophet

Btw did they change winning conditions in recent builds. I did finish my playthough in october. Dont remember hold Ufo for 5 turns condition.

It's been like that since late beta, at least from what I recall.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I always take cattle prods on my shielders, pistols are kind shit anyway.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
T-800 Terminators!
6yQi7fc.jpg

N4mQovn.png

omUu7Wt.png

NJEvPsn.png

UygnNTS.jpg
The eggheads provide us with more valuable intel and a most disturbing discovery!

n3peAlF.jpg

A foul infiltrator from the "Arpegee Watch" corporation is apprehended, interrogated and summarily executed.

KBNLQYQ.jpg

Terrible news! selling alien tech was going to be our big cash cow. We're saving the world here, but we have to use every pencil until it's worn down to the nub because of insufficient funding! D:

PdwQ5Y4.jpg

We're haemorraging funds. We probably need to stabilize the kwa now or they're definitely gone for good.

ySzApoI.jpg

The aliens know this too. A hideous amount of traffic goes on in the kwanzanian skies. ITZ has arrived! The ultimate doom expansion set for kwanzania is unleashed!

xgA1TAK.jpg

And it's going to be at least 15 days before we can get fighters over there. Assuming we can afford them.

Ql24W24.jpg

Another cruiser has been downed. Serratedbiz has been upgraded to Allahu Akbar with a mix of stun and alenium rockets. Mostly stun. But those are no good against robotic cyberdiscs

RBXU2X2.jpg

Scrooge and Dayyalu make contact! A new kind of alien! entirely robotic, so we're not going to take them down with our knockout gas grenades and rockets! :x

OfH7opy.jpg

Fortunately they are not laserproof. luzur reaches out from afar and headshots one of the aliens from 3 screens away. :incline:

mktPWIb.jpg

Dayyalu tags the other alien with his pistol. The damage is pitiful, but enough to make the alien turn towards him. This, in turn, allows Scrooge to close from its flank without receiving reaction fire. (See Jaedar, that's what pistols are good for). Shortly after, the xeno machine is scrap.

jt0Mc8u.jpg

the rest of the team is stacking up near the UFO. We're not quite ready to assault it yet, so they're staying out of sight of the peekaboos.

xAIOpdT.jpg

A salvo of shots hit Luzur from behind in the alien turn. A cyberdisc slipped through our lines.

58dMfnU.jpg

Luzur returns fire, but the damed thing is still floating.

XVoinTy.jpg

We gamble that - like Roxor - they cannot reaction fire. Scrooge closes the distance and saves her teammate.

0vIoJze.jpg

That should be all of them. Time to begin the ufo assault.

MKXUuSP.jpg

Knock knock. :smug:

B61YGwg.jpg

RBixSy1.jpg

Roxor deploys the tactical kurwa and bags a bot. He also suppresses his team as usual. Noone really trusts the potato aim it seems.

e8f2IDm.jpg

Return fire riddles Profreshinal with plasma on the alien turn. Including shots from the warehouse to the left of the UFO. We missed one! Good thing Profreshinal was wearing our new prototype T-72 WILK Sovietanium armor or he would've been dead.

jaknxbc.jpg

Dayyalu spots the xenobot. It has moved back into cover and its back is turned to the door.

uiA3TLA.jpg

All the opening Scrooge needs. :smug:

wZh7a3m.jpg

Roxor continues laying down the tactical kurwa. the unfeeling machines appear immune to suppresison.

bTd5pJi.jpg

But not to Gondolins headshots.

RNyKO42.jpg

The team prepares to enter the ufo. Serratedbiz uses her last Alenium rocket to cover their advance.

9dXQxAG.jpg

Roxor bags another kill with close range spray & potay

NxdBefO.jpg

Cp5Cpnn.jpg

And the shotgunners clean house.

Szj55P0.png

No deaths? Massive :incline:

The eggheads get to work on disassembling the xenobots.
wwenXYt.png

X9luawZ.jpg

zHsEMlg.png

4QwkBQb.jpg

More xeno sightings. A distressing amount of them in the Kwa. Yeah... We probably should've built Itz central before waifustan. Too late to change that now. A large scout is brought down over southern england.

EfcfXez.jpg

The many barns prove an excellent hunting ground for the shotgunners, who can get close enough to shred the caesans with ease.

EAULggu.jpg

When the time comes to assault the UFO, Serratedbiz fires a couple of stun rockets into it. The team waits outside for a couple of turns while the aliens choke, and eventually go in to find them all dead or unconscious.

YMO8zS3.png

Since we already have a live caesan at our base for study, the survivors are executed before they wake.

Another no-deaths mission. Excellent. We may be able to salvage this yet!

SerratedBiz

Arcane
This rocket launcher... it suits me. Perhaps, in the future, I will wield something similar in a Tournament. That would be Unreal.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I never saw that discovered thing before.

Was it added in community patch or am I just really inattentive?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Community patch. The same with the "Know your enemy" interludes in the earlier opdates and the descriptions of alien mission types.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Quick & Dirty

JQt3KXx.png

Our science dudes finish researching alien electronics. Along with our other research this opens up for a load of new stuff we can research & Build. Corsair (new Interceptor), Shrike (new Transport) and Scimitar (Laz0r Tank) are chief among them. Since we need to gain air superiority to stabilize our funding, we pick Corsair first.

Zq7GV8c.jpg

Another medium UFO is downed and the A-team goes to clear it out for cash. Also, roxor has been grumbling about not having anal provbed an alien with a cattle prod. So we'll try for that too.

BYNpO6s.jpg

Cyberdiscs seem to be a standard part of medium UFOs regardless of the main alien species. Scrooge practices some skeet shooting.

pUp9qQ8.jpg

There's a fair amount of soace, so we forego our usual 2x4man teams for a single group in our sweep.

6ETMT0y.jpg

O hey, that's something new for me too. Alien - not jus tinside a house but on the second floor!

Qhufa4Z.jpg

Roxor engages Maximum Kurwa and changes the xenos mind about its vantage point. :smug:

vKBrVQd.jpg

More aliens indoors. We can't quite get a good shot in on this one with our current TUs.

guxfNdH.jpg

in fact, the Caesans seem to love hiding in houses now. Not that it stop Scrooge from dispensing pain.

md7kvug.jpg

what's this? Our friend from before actually walked up the stairs and onto the secodn floor? The AI has definitely gotten augmented since the last Let's Play! :incline:

gAphK9f.jpg

SeratedBiz thanks our guest for making such a visible silhouette against the sky!

2lICzRN.jpg

The Xeno Scrooge clipped tries to make a run for it. But Dayyalu walks up with his shield and pops a cap in its face.

Wec1J6Y.jpg

Profreshinal spots an alien as well. Not to be outdone by his fellow shieldmaiden, he lobs an alenium grenade at the melonhead. But it survives the blast!

SCsQRXc.jpg

It's softened up though. And after absorbing the return fire with his shield, Prefreshinal puts a bullet in its face. :smug:

pDY7esp.jpg

Serratedbiz knocks on the door. (I screenshotted a split-second before the explosion :()

jrZN3U9.jpg

And Roxor lays down the suppression. That's an officer on the right. If you remember a few updates back, a bunch of codexers gave me flak for not trying to stun the officer.

hp0twmE.jpg

So Dayyalu tosses a stun grenade into the UFO.

izeN2yT.jpg

NivL3ni.jpg

gKHe5qe.jpg

ATrIUMa.jpg

The aliens withdraw out of the smoke, allowing our team to enter and kill off the grunts.

8IpQgIV.jpg

KEp7gvM.jpg

Fg6RaEN.jpg

It takes a flashbang and another 4 melee attacks with an officer before the bastard finally goes down.

3Ag4xaz.png

Great success! no deaths (though roxor is goign to be out for a while), some medals, good upgrades. And wa captured an officer to inte.... Wait. What?

Executed.

Yeah. turns out of you haven't completed interrogating a grunt, the officer gets executed on sight. so capturing the previous officer we encountered wouldn't have accomplished anything.

[hahahaohwow.gif]

GHNFxBB.jpg

aaaand on our way back, this pops up. Terror site in Sydney.

If we go back to replace roxor (who is out of commission for a week) with someone who can figh, we'll likely not get to the terror site in tow or gt forced to fight it at night. If we go straight away we can fight it during the day, but we will be missin gour heavy hitter. What does the Codex Astartes recommend in this situation?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wat.
You need to waterbord the lower ranks to start talking with officers? Why I'm not surprised.

Ashery

Prophet
Hard to say. Early Terror missions tend to be fairly light, but you've only got seven troops, two of which have shields and won't be good for much beyond spotting.

Probably depends on the loadout of your other troops. If you've only got one HE rocket and a bunch of stuns, for instance, you're looking at even worse circumstances if you're up against Androns.

Honestly, though, you're pretty much forced to do it now unless you want to write of Aussie funding. It's a fairly small chunk of funding, but it'll make a huge difference in your monthly discretionary spending (ie weapons, armor, etc) once the three bases are fully operational.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
rokkit dude - 3 alenium 2 stun rockets.
2 shieldmaidens - normal pistols + stunrods
1 riflebro - laz0r rifle
2 shotgun murderfrauen - laz0r carbine
1 flintlok master - laz0r sniper
and scatter laz0r dude ot of commish.

Ashery

Prophet
Still packing the excessive amount of C4? How are the stocks on the other grenades?

Pretty sure it's all moot, though, as funding's forcing your hand.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
There is some C4. But at this point, unless it's Caesans we stand little chance of clearing the site

MrContinuity

Learned
"The existence of the Alien is a problem with but one solution; Extermination. When Mankind is alone in the cosmos, only then will we have achieved our destiny."

Your guy's faith is your shield (and so is Profeshinal), I believe in you!

profreshinal

Arcane
I finally got a kill! Let's call it a day, don't want to overdo it with a second one.

Go while it's still day and try spotting aliens on the first turn. If it's a type you can handle stay, if not get everyone back in the Shoutbox and leave on turn one so the aliens don't get to kill the civilians. I think landing and leaving immediately is the least damaging option to the score (except for clearing the site). Also it gets A-bombed afterwards so technically those aliens are dead.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom