Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's command Codexers in Syrian Warfare and crush Daesh

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
My squad will move across the street and press up against the wall at the closest building to the northwest.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have no idea what I just enrolled myself into so I will follow Endemic too so that no one notices how bad I am at this.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wait, the tanks and I are rushing forward while all the infantry is staying behind capturing useless buildings when we should be of the offensive?
Allah forgive me for I am going to throw my shoes on these fools!

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Wait, the tanks and I are rushing forward while all the infantry is staying behind capturing useless buildings when we should be of the offensive?
Well you are supposed to play the Syrians where there is no horizontal cooperation between units so I call that a feature.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Syrian Arab Army fighting doctrine:

Step 1 - Flatten the area with airstrikes
Step 2 - Send unprotected tanks ahead to shell some sand
Step 3 - If tanks are not yet knocked out, send in the infantry, because the enemy has probably retreated
Step 4 - Infantry raises a flag somewhere and shoots guns into the air in celebration of victory

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll move forward toward the closest building, then enter it to set up the machine gun and cover our glorious advance

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
We'll celebrate your imminent martyrdom.

Egosphere

Arcane

You're probably right. ValeVelKal don't bother disembarking, just support Endemic. Disembark only if there's an engagement.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I will probably execute the first set of order tonight.

Meanwhile, I managed to remove a fog effect when you zoom out a lot, and I managed to collate a full map (which is not pretty due to the fact that there is a lens effect :

ZAxo3yQ.png

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane

You're probably right. ValeVelKal don't bother disembarking, just support Endemic. Disembark only if there's an engagement.
Wait I am trying to execute. You follow in your Toyota or you embark in the BMP ?

Egosphere

Arcane

Wait I am trying to execute. You follow in your Toyota or you embark in the BMP ?
toyota

Endemic

Arcane
I'll be maintaining discretion throughout the mission, since I'm driving something that barely has enough armour to stop 12.7mm AP bullets :P

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I. First blood

Here is the plan you designed as a team as a group of professionals :

LnayrKC.png

Sergiu64 has not given orders so I took over.

Of course, Colonel Catacombs, the highest ranking officer in your task force (because I decided so) - shares the good news with the Kuweires base :

l04C7o1.png
Commander ! Tiger 4 Relief Force here ! We are at the outskirts of Kuweires ! We made it through...

2zpR2s3.png
That voice... what... or who are you ...

l04C7o1.png
This is... irrelevant. Who is asking ?

2zpR2s3.png
This is Kuweires defense headquarters ! The enemy has increased the pressure !

While this conversation takes place, the Tiger Relief Force is deploying... and receiving the first small arms fires...

o1H3ay8.png

... which manages to go through Endemic's BMP-1 armor and damage the engine.

Endemic responds in kind but it is unclear if any enemy was hurt. The BMP then hides a wall while Egosphere's team, who was behind the armored vehicle, quickly drives to the cover of the building before leaving their vehicle :

T1xKLeD.png

At the same time, Lieutenant Strange Farouwd, who decided on his own initiative to charge forward, spot another enemy on the roof of a neighbouring building :

MlkLd7x.png

Slighly behind, al-Helli team, in a pick-up, point their recoiless rifle at the enemy and shoot ...

6MTr6st.png

VwpaEJo.png

... giving al-Kelli the first confirmed kill of the battle.

Back to the group around Endemic. The infantry is trying to both spread out and position itself in a way to shoot back at the enemy, a task complicated by the fact that the group is already under enemy mortar fire :

9mBucFD.png

While Baud's MG team is rushing to put their 12.7mm into position, in a building already securized by Egosphere's NDF forces. A mortar shell falls only a few meters from Sergiu, wounding him badly. Ar-Ruksour sends his own mortar shells in the direction of the enemy, without much effects.

CIsK8i6.png

Baud is now in position, and a powerful suppression fire is directed toward the building occupied by the enemy. An enemy mortar shell, falling next to Baud's and Egosphere's building, daze the daring defender of Syrian liberties, but it does not stop them.

YFJDThG.png

As the enemy dives for cover, Endemic gets in position, and shoots a second round :

eJakerq.png

hXiEV5O.png

Enemy small arms fire immediately stops.

Here is the current deployment :

KfcxlHq.png

Sergiu would need to time to recover, and Endemic may want to allocate some time to repair the engine as well, or maybe there is no time and he is willing to carry on at reduced speed.

The Kuweires base is still holding pretty well, especially since you redirected toward you the attention of the Daesh mortar teams :

7OoEnYp.png

Only around three minutes have passed. You are still under mortar fire. Strange Farouwd is adamant he will carry on moving toward the enemy. What are the next moves of the rest of the Tiger 4 Relief Force ?
You can plot on this map :

ZAxo3yQ.png

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
clearly the valiant mortar strike was what intimidated the cowardly dogs and allowed the rest of our brave sons of Syria to eliminate the vermin

I shall continue to valiantly provide mortar support from the superior vantage position granted to me by my truck.

Andnjord

Arcane
pDYhtcS.png

Al-Djordal's squad will move thus, red this turn, blue planned move for next turn if the other pincer of our force can flank the building from the other direction and if our own eastern flank is secure.

Inch'Allah! Assad or we burn the country!

EDIT:
Allah be praised, hopefully either Taxalot or Egosphere will support Endemic directly, and Catacomb's will continue following the armoured thrust on our western flank.

Egosphere

Arcane
the mortar will chew us up if we stay grouped up. I'll jump back into the toyota and move like so, stopping at the blue arrow if there's a lot of action

HhGMGz1.png

Dayyālu

Arcane
nE4MM6g.jpg
Men, wonderful tactical advance. Shadow that T55 and when it blows up avenge it. If nothing happens to the T55 leap from building to building. I wholeheartedly enjoy how our infantry is going in the opposite direction.

*crew crying*

nE4MM6g.jpg
Don't worry, we won't get out of cover even if it kills us.

dSISjrl.jpg

ValeVelKal

Arcane
nE4MM6g.jpg
Men, wonderful tactical advance. Shadow that T55 and when it blows up avenge it. If nothing happens to the T55 leap from building to building. I wholeheartedly enjoy how our infantry is going in the opposite direction.

*crew crying*

nE4MM6g.jpg

dSISjrl.jpg
I am not sure Strange Fellow was going this direction, but it just means this will feel even more SAAish.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Isn't he charging towards the main building (the "black" one)? I want to shadow his movements from cover in the inevitable case he gets ATGM'ed.

OH WELL

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Isn't he charging towards the main building (the "black" one)? I want to shadow his movements from cover in the inevitable case he gets ATGM'ed.

OH WELL
yes you will be a bit much to the left than him though, but certainly in case of those buildings is occupied your cover infant...

Ah wait.

OK, you move from building to building checking what happens to him. Perfect :)

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
nE4MM6g.jpg

*crew crying*

nE4MM6g.jpg

dSISjrl.jpg
I am not sure Strange Fellow was going this direction, but it just means this will feel even more SAAish.
Allah guides me to the location of the infidels. Allah says north.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
My men will move to the compound east of the three armored units. When inside, they'll make their way to the northeast building.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom