Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Cyber-Play... SNATCHER. (Finale)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
:arrow:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Last update was all like "holy crap" and "whoa". Time for things to cool down a bit... not ! Hmmm. I've got no idea what the hell I'm trying to say here...
Anyway, Back in Junker HQ:

gens2009-09-0718-10-43-18.jpg
gens2009-09-0718-11-03-17.jpg

Snatcher_Chief_1.jpg
Excellent Job, Seed. One Snatcher less to worry about.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Thank you, sir.

Snatcher_Chief_1.jpg
I was just looking at the reports. Let's see what has happened in this investigation, so far. Metal, will you ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Yes, sir.

recap for the lazy fools said:

Investigation overview :
  • Our senior Junker, Jean-Jacques Gibson, asked for backup while pursuing Snatchers in an abandoned factory. He was found dead by Gillian on the scene.
  • Investigation on Gibson's belongings revealed a disc that contained crucial information on the weak points of Snatchers. Their artificial skin becomes cancerous when it gets in contact with ultra-violet rays. That's why Snatchers appear mostly in winter and during night-time.
  • In order to protect their skin, Snatchers use sunscreen. Gibson's investigation also revealed the existence of a Snatcher controlled Hospital that they use to treat their cancerous melanomas.
  • The fact that Gibson's last meal was buffalo meat, led us to the Outer Heaven club. There we learned that Gibson was following someone and we got this person's description. A search in the database revealed two possible suspects, Ivan Rodriguez and Freddy Nielsen.
  • Ivan Rodriguez turned out a drug trafficker but he was a normal human. On the other hand both Freddy and his wife Lisa were revealed as Snatchers. Gillian managed to terminate Lisa, but he was almost killed from Freddy. He was saved by a Bounty hunter called Random Hajile.

Snatcher_Chief_1.jpg
So, who is this... Hajile ? Friend or foe ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
What about that banking account the bounty money got into ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
The funds were re-transfered from there, we couldn't learn anything from it. As for his name, it's not in the database. He's either an illegal immigrant, or it's an alias.

Snatcher_Chief_1.jpg
Well, what matters now, is the hospital that Gibson had tracked down. If we can hit that, we may be able to shut down this... Snatch operation of theirs.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
We may be able to learn something from that memory module we recovered from Gibson's navigator, Little John.

Snatcher_Chief_1.jpg
That's right. Navigators record everything Junkers do, just in case.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Just in case, huh ? Well this seems to be one of these cases...

Snatcher_Chief_1.jpg
Seed, I'm counting on you to find this hospital.

gens2009-09-0718-10-36-37.jpg

CHAPTER 9 : ILLICIT OPERATIONS

And we're now officially in act 2. Harry finally got off his ass and checked that memory. But before going to Harry let's take a look around the room... What's that picture on the wall, anyway ?

gens2009-09-0820-22-12-56.jpg
gens2009-09-0820-22-23-40.jpg

Wow, he's really upset about the picture. I wonder what that's all about ?
Who knows... We better head over to Harry.

gens2009-09-0820-24-05-04.jpg

Snatcher_Harry_1.jpg
It was about time you got here, Gillian. I'm afraid Little John's memory was almost completely destroyed, beyond recovery.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
What ? You weren't able to get anything from it ?

Snatcher_Harry_1.jpg
Just relax. I was able to get a single video image out of it. I don't have the slightest what this is.

gens2009-09-0820-24-47-50.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Hospital OLEEN ? This is almost certainly the Snatcher controlled hospital that Gibson discovered !

Snatcher_Harry_1.jpg
You may want to run this with Jordan, but if that hospital isn't legit you won't find it. The city is packed with unregistered hospitals.

Hospital OLEEN , huh ? Now we're getting somewhere. I mean how many hospitals can there be in Neo Kobe ? 5 ? 10 ? I'm sure no more than 15, right ?
Let's talk a bit more with Harry. Why don't we take a look at that picture of him as a child ?

gens2009-09-0820-29-08-70.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
So, this is all you've got to remember your parents ?

Snatcher_Harry_1.jpg
Yes, it really bugs me that I can't see their faces. I don't have any actual memories of them. I tried searching for them but didn't find anything. They must have died in the Catastrophe.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Are you sure it's you ?

Snatcher_Harry_1.jpg
Yeah, we've analyzed the bone strufture of the kid in the picture, and it's definitely me.

Ok, enough with Harry's background. Let's head over to the Computer Room.
Maybe we should check out this bounty hunter...

gens2009-09-0820-33-11-84.jpg
gens2009-09-0820-33-15-95.jpg

Hmmm, there's no data on him on the network. If that's his real name, he must be an illegal immigrant...
Why don't we also do a search for our favorite actress/dancer ?

gens2009-09-0820-35-01-29.jpg
gens2009-09-0820-35-07-39.jpg

"Ridley Scotty" sure has an eye for talent :D
Ok, how about searching for that hospital.

gens2009-09-0820-32-32-20.jpg
gens2009-09-0820-32-34-87.jpg

Nothing, nada, rien, niet. Metal informs us that Jordan doesn't have an actual search function for hospitals. Great. Maybe Mika can help.

gens2009-09-0820-40-59-51.jpg
gens2009-09-0820-41-03-59.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
I've always wondered about this, but how did someone like you end up as a Junker ?

Snatcher_Mika_1.jpg
That's a tough question. I'm sure we all have the same reasons, more or less.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Sometimes I get really worried, you know. After all, it is a dangerous job. Maybe I won't be able to see you here tomorrow.

Snatcher_Mika_1.jpg
Don't talk like that, Gillian ! Everything will be fine.

Let's ask her about the hospital :

gens2009-09-0820-41-46-90.jpg

So, nothing here either...
Maybe we should give a call to Jaime, she works for Kobe Pharmaceuticals, after all.

HOLY CRAP !

gens2009-09-0820-47-08-04.jpg

A SNATCH- ....

gens2009-09-0820-47-18-21.jpg

....man, that was mean.

Snatcher_Jamie_2.jpg
Bet I surprised you, huh ? Don't worry, that's just a tape recording. I'm at work right now. If you want, leave a message after the beep. Sorry to scare you, buy !

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Damn ! She really had me for a moment there ! Since when did she start pulling practical jokes like this ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
No doubt that message is a strategy of hers to deal with your troublesome calling.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Just what is that supposed to mean ?!

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
No need to be embarrassed, Gillian. I'm fully aware that Jaime has "Snatched" your heart. I've got her work number if you want to call her.

Our insightful piece of junk finally provided some help. Let's call Jamie at her work.

gens2009-09-0820-49-20-71.jpg

Snatcher_Jamie_2.jpg
Neo Kobe pharmaceutical labs, may I help you ? Oh Gillian, what's up ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Jaime, that message on your answering machine... Wasn't that going a bit too far ?

Snatcher_Jamie_2.jpg
Were you worried ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Of course I was !

Snatcher_Jamie_2.jpg
Good.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
If the Snatchers ever actually got their hands on you, I'd... I don't even want to think about it as a joke.

Snatcher_Jamie_2.jpg
You're right Gillian... I'm sorry.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
So, how's your memory doing ? Any sign it might be coming back ?

Snatcher_Jamie_2.jpg
Somehow, I feel like I've always been doing this job. I seem to remember wearing white...

Hmmm, Jaime in white...
I wonder if she can give us any help with finding that hospital.

gens2009-09-0820-53-26-10.jpg
gens2009-09-0820-53-54-87.jpg

Snatcher_Jamie_2.jpg
Well, having facilities to treat ultraviolet ray exposure is nothing rare. But we keep records here on the hospitals on the island. I'll take a look at those.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Have you ever heard of a hospital called "OLEEN" ?

Snatcher_Jamie_2.jpg
Hmmm. I think I might have heard a name like that. But don't get your hopes up. If it's a black market place, we probably won't have anything at all on it. If I figure anything out, I'll give you a call.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Now I've got a reason to talk to you again sometime.

Snatcher_Jamie_2.jpg
Silly, you don't have to have a reason to talk to me. You know, I wanted to thank you for asking me to the amusement park the other day. I'm sorry I couldn't go, but I was really happy that you asked.

gens2009-09-0820-55-46-67.jpg
gens2009-09-0820-55-48-79.jpg

Good, maybe Jaime will find out something, but we really don't have any leads right now. It seems that finding that hospital will be difficult than we thought.
Maybe it's time we talked to that informant, Napoleon. We call him and we set up another appointment in Alton Plaza.

gens2009-09-0820-59-12-89.jpg

Christmas time is here... There's even a Santa Claus here ! He's selling tissues... ?!

gens2009-09-0821-01-05-26.jpg

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
What's wrong ? Shall we check him out ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Maybe we should.

gens2009-09-0821-01-20-96.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Wait a minute, you're no santa ! How did you fit in that outfit ?

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
I can't afford to show my face around, somebody's after me. You know I'm thinking of quitting this job, before I end up dead like Gibson

Hey, it's Napoleon, master of disguise !

gens2009-09-0821-01-47-73.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-01-49-62.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Why don't you just go ahead and tell us who you really are, Napoleon ?

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
Heh, one of these days I might just tell you why I'm called Napoleon.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
I need some information about underground hospitals.

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
There are scores of those underground places all over the city. You'll never be able to find 'em all.

Let's ask him about that hospital.

gens2009-09-0821-03-48-48.jpg

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
I might know something, but before that why don't we take care of business...

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
You want more money ? Here take it.

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
Heheh, thanks. It may not be the one you're after, but I know of an "OLEEN hospital". It's over in the RF district.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Thanks, I'll check it out.

AAAA-CHOOO !

gens2009-09-0821-02-39-56.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
You got a cold there, Napoleon ?

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
Some kind of Allergy, I guess. I always get this way in the winter.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
An allergen that only operates in winter ? That could be SNOW-9, you know !

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
Hmmm, could be. I hear that somebody started cultivating it again about three years ago.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Three years ago ? That's about the time the Snatchers appeared !

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
SNATCHERS ?! All right, I've had it. Don't call me anymore, ok ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Now wait a minute, Napoleon. I'll keep any Snatchers off your back.

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
They're after both of us. You better worry about watching your own back !

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Oh, come on, Nap-

Snatcher_Napoleon_2.jpg
See ya ! Merry Christmas !

Well, Napoleon has good reason to be scared. Well he left us a box of his tissues as a present. Maybe we'll need them when snow-9 is around.
Ok, we got what we wanted. Next stop : Oleen Hospital.

gens2009-09-0821-07-32-96.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-09-03-84.jpg

Hmmm, the sign looks a bit different than the one in the photo from Little John's memory... Let's sniff around :

gens2009-09-0821-09-54-20.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-09-57-34.jpg

Brace yourselves, faithful viewers, we're going in !

gens2009-09-0821-10-52-04.jpg

huh ?

gens2009-09-0821-10-57-06.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Hmm ? Everybody is holding an animal of some sort.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
They must be very rich individuals.

Let's ask these ladies...

gens2009-09-0821-14-10-90.jpg

Snatcher_Hospital_customer_1.jpg
I'm not worried. We keep a dog at our house. Snatchers hate dogs, right ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
There is no solid proof, but animals with good senses of smell are said to be able to pick them out.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
What kind of hospital is this ?

What, didn't you know ? This is an animal hospital. Sorry, but I don't think they can help your little robot friend.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Madam, my condition is superb !

The doctors here are very good. They don't do direct genetic manipulation, but their treatments are good and they service manufactured pets here.

Let's check out some of these pets and get a glimpse of the future :

gens2009-09-0821-11-29-03.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-11-48-01.jpg

The cat is my favorite :

gens2009-09-0821-12-23-96.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-12-37-79.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Using animals like this is cruel. There are some things in the future that I can't get used to.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
We should check the reception area.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Hmm. Looks like they take insurance here.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Then it cannot be an illicit hospital. Since this establishment is legitimate and Snatchers can't tolerate dogs, I think it's safe to assume that this isn't the one we're looking for.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
The sign out front is different, too. I guess we barked at the wrong tree...Now we're back at square one.

Bummer. Let's bark our way back to the turbocycle.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Gillian ! It's the emergency line from HQ ! I'll connect you.

What on earth... Mika ?

gens2009-09-0821-38-33-87.jpg

Snatcher_Mika_1.jpg
Gillian, I got a call from Katrina ! She says she has something she wants to give you.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
Something to give me ?

Snatcher_Mika_1.jpg
She sounded really scared. Kept saying that Alice was barking.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
Damn, we should hurry ! Katrina could be in trouble !

gens2009-09-0821-39-06-03.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-39-09-90.jpg

-Is Katrina in the hands of the Snatchers ?
-Has she already been Snatched ?
-Will Gillian get any fanservice ?
-Does rigor mortis apply to intestines ?
-How the hell do you make Neo Kobe Pizza ?

These agonizing questions may, or may not, be answered in the next chapter...

Angthoron

Arcane
What's this about "One less snatcher to worry about"? Gibson's scored two! Well, one was a kill-steal, but clearly he had the upper hand.

Also, there seems to have been some potential foreshadowing here...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
What I like about the story and the way it evolves is that it pays a lot of attention to details. A lot of seemingly unimportant information is actually significant to the plot.

Kron

Arcane
This looks like a Blade Runner-Terminator mishmash. Seems like Kojima was always a master of copying.
One things calls my attention though: is there any actual gameplay in the game?
Do you get to chose what happens, what you do, get any actions beside speaking? Because it really looks like the game is almost purely dialogue driven, and not in a good way. It would seem the game is awfully linear. Then again, I might be getting the wrong impression.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yes the game is very linear, but yes you also get the wrong impression. It's not overly railroaded as you have multiple areas to check out simultaneously but the actual path is one (as in most adventure games). In order to proceed you have to perform certain actions and not only talk. You have the option to "look" investigate" and "use" items among other things. I'm not showing each move in this LP, since it flows better if I stick to the dialog that comes after each action.

The game does feel like an interactive movie , but it's a damn good one. The actual puzzles are few but clever and nicely implemented. You wont get here the usual illogical, or out of context adventure game puzzles.There is a good one in the next update. There are also some things that can be done outside the main plot and some random situations that add some flavor to the game. It's also quite long it can take up to 15 hours in a first play through. I think it's the best of Kojimas games because he sticks to what he does better, interactive storytelling, and the story isn't blown out of proportions as his latter games.

Angthoron

Arcane
Ah, that actually addresses the things I've been wondering as well. However, I'm still wondering, if any of the characters that Gillian knows are at risk of being Snatched, is there a way to prevent it or intervene? Or is it something that has to happen anyway?

That is if we presume that someone gets snatched.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
No, you can't decide about who will be snatched, or anything similar. The only affect you can see are some extra comments/dialog according to certain previous actions you made.

Angthoron

Arcane
One thing that surprises me is how little the locals actually care about the whole Snatcher business. It's like "Eh, so there are murderous robots that kill you and steal your identity on the loose. Party time behind masks and with a rented black taxi!!"

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Angthoron said:
One thing that surprises me is how little the locals actually care about the whole Snatcher business. It's like "Eh, so there are murderous robots that kill you and steal your identity on the loose. Party time behind masks and with a rented black taxi!!"
As Jamie said in the "negligee" chapter, most people don't even believe in the existence of Snatchers. They think it's some kind of urban legend, or an isolated incident. The fact that all Snatcher bodies up to now have either been destroyed or stolen, helps that belief.

Angthoron

Arcane
ghostdog said:
As Jamie said in the "negligee" chapter, most people don't even believe in the existence of Snatchers. They think it's some kind of urban legend, or an isolated incident. The fact that all Snatcher bodies up to now have either been destroyed or stolen, helps that belief.

Ah yes, and I guess the government does what any good Cyberpunk government does best, so unless the shit really hits the fan, everyone will continue thinking they're a myth.

Or maybe the government was snatched first! :shock:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
CHAPTER 10 : KATRINA, WHERE ART THOU ?

You can now cry with joy. Another chapter of the prestigious Snatcher saga is out !

Last time we tried to cool down a bit after those agonizing moments of extreme slaughter in Freddy Nielsen's house. But Junkers don't have the luxury to take a breather. We had a call from HQ saying that Katrina might be in trouble. We'd never let anything happen to that sweet girl, so we jumped on our turbocycle and went straight to her house. The atmosphere is eerie and Katrina is nowhere to be found...

gens2009-09-0821-40-43-04.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-41-10-90.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
There's no answer. Metal, check the door.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
It isn't locked ! Katrina is always careful, it's not like her to leave the door unlocked !

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
Damn ! let's go inside !

CHAPTER 10 : KATRINA, WHERE ART THOU ?

gens2009-09-0821-41-55-84.jpg

Hmm it appears that there is something in the shelf, we hadn't noticed before. A miniature house :

gens2009-09-0821-42-49-78.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-42-54-84.jpg

Remember the Jean's note that said "Search the house" ? This might be what he was referring to... But our priority now is to find Katrina. We should head to the study.

gens2009-09-0821-44-07-75.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-44-09-45.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
They've destroyed the PC. Fortunately we already know the contents of the disc.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
They have also torn apart the sofa. They were certainly looking for something.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
We must find Katrina quickly ! Let's check the garden.

gens2009-09-0821-46-12-96.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-47-03-84.jpg

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
It definitely belongs to Alice. It has been torn apart.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
Alice is a Doberman. That's not exactly the kind of dog that goes down easy... but if it was a Snatcher... Dammit, where's Katrina ?!

There's no sign of Alice or Katrina. Nothing here but the shadows. Let's go back into the house...

gens2009-09-0821-51-09-31.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-51-10-96.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
SNOW-9 ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Let me analyze the air... Yes, it's a very slight amount, but there are some traces of SNOW-9 here.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
So Snatchers have definitely been here.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Gillian ! I read motion ! Outside the window !!

THE FUCK ?

gens2009-09-1915-27-39-28.jpg
gens2009-09-1915-27-39-50.jpg

Yikes ! You know, in the original version of the game, the dog's intestines where twitching...

gens2009-09-0821-53-51-98.jpg

(NOTE: No animals where harmed while making this LP)

Snatcher_Gillian_5.jpg
It's Alice !

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
The dog is dead. Body temperature suggests it was killed 10 minutes ago. No doubt the work of Snatchers !

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
SCUM ! No reason to kill the poor animal ! Where is the bastard ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
My sensors don't pick anything. It appears he's gone.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
These Snatchers were frantically searching for something and by the looks of it they don't seem to have found it...

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Perhaps that means Katrina is safe.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
That may be true ! If they had her there would be no need for them to turn the place upside down.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Perhaps Katrina took whatever they were looking for and fled.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
We have to find her before they do !

Maybe she went to Junker HQ ?

gens2009-09-0821-56-26-81.jpg
gens2009-09-0821-56-41-57.jpg

Snatcher_Mika_1.jpg
She shouldn't know any of the numbers of anyone in the Agency. What about yours ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Gillian, didn't you give her your phone and address ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
That's right, I gave her mine ! She may be calling my house !

Time to go back to Gillian's apartment, then.

gens2009-09-0822-05-38-79.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
Huh ? The lights are on ! Metal check the status of the door of my apartment.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
All right. Now accessing the building security system... Gillian, it's unlocked.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
What ?! I know I locked it before I left !

Tension is rising ! (or not). Let's go in !

gens2009-09-0822-07-05-06.jpg
gens2009-09-0822-07-50-00.jpg

We should investigate...

gens2009-09-0822-07-55-12.jpg
gens2009-09-0822-08-04-03.jpg

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
These shoe impressions are very sharp and deep. Most of the weight of the person was focused on one point.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
Something sharp ? A SNATCHER ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Could be. The footprints lead to the bathroom.

To the bathroom we go !

gens2009-09-0822-09-10-32.jpg
gens2009-09-0822-09-16-37.jpg

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
I read movement from within the stall !

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
All right Metal, get ready. I'll open the stall !

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Gillian, use extreme caution !

I'm sure nobody expected what comes next :

WHOA !

gens2009-09-0822-10-25-25.jpg

AAAAAAAHHH !

gens2009-09-0822-10-28-84.jpg

:wooosh:

gens2009-09-0822-10-32-42.jpg

:gasp:

gens2009-09-0822-11-05-10.jpg

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Well, I hope you learned your lesson.

Snatcher_Gillian_2.jpg
Shut up, Metal !

Snatcher_Katrina_2.jpg
I can't believe you did that, Gillian !

Snatcher_Gillian_3.jpg
I, uh , I thought a Snatcher was in the apartment... I'm just glad you're ok Katrina.

Snatcher_Katrina_2.jpg
I'm sorry... did I surprise you ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
You bet you surprised me ! How did you get in ?

Snatcher_Katrina_2.jpg
Hey, I'm the daughter of a Junker. I've learned a few tricks from my father...

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
I see... and you avoided the sensors as well... Hmmm. You may have a promising career ahead of you.

Yeah. Either that, or your security sucks !

gens2009-09-0822-12-12-93.jpg

:gulp: (Thank god Katrina is 18 years old and not , let's say, 14...)

gens2009-09-0822-12-29-79.jpg

Snatcher_Katrina_2.jpg
I just took a shower, so I'm a little hot. I'd like to stay like this for now

Good thing Gillian has these thin, almost transparent, towels in his bath.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
O-Kay... Now about that phone call. Can you tell me what that was all about ?

Snatcher_Katrina_2.jpg
That's right ! When I was straightening up the living room, I found this inside that model of our house.

gens2009-09-0822-13-26-17.jpg
gens2009-09-0822-13-27-98.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Well then, the Snatcher hospital, the one that Gibson found, must be on this list !

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
This list has over 3000 places listed ! We could never hit them all. We need some other information to narrow it down.

3000 medical facilities ? Are you fucking kidding me ? I've heard of over-prescription, but over-hospitalization ? The future is a scary place.

Well, we have that photo don't we ? The one with the "OLEEN" sign. The thing is that aside from that veterinary hospital , there isn't another with that name. So, the picture probably doesn't show the full name of the hospital. It's up to us to guess the name...

gens2009-09-0822-17-35-26.jpg
gens2009-09-0822-19-23-76.jpg

This is quite a clever puzzle. The game doesn't have many puzzles, but the ones it has are pretty good and fit right into the plot.
Let's see, is it JOLEEN ?

gens2009-09-0822-21-11-43.jpg
gens2009-09-0822-21-17-87.jpg

AGGGHH... I can't think ! All I see is pointy nipples ! Maybe... it's KAROLEEN ?

gens2009-09-0822-22-35-40.jpg
gens2009-09-0822-22-43-60.jpg

Eventually Metal will give us a hint. Remember that "grEAT MEals" sign ? Maybe something similar happened here...

gens2009-09-0822-26-43-65.jpg

So, what if the neon sign has some part of it burned out ? Let's try "QUEENS"

gens2009-09-0822-29-10-00.jpg
gens2009-09-0822-29-26-78.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
So, it was QUEENS after all. That's what the chess piece from Gibson was trying to tell us !

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
It's in the CX district. The director is Chinese. Name: Chin Su Oh.

Chinese huh ? Didn't that emploee in Plato's Cavern say that A Chinese guy bought a bunch of those sunscreens ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
We have them now !

Snatcher_Katrina_2.jpg
Gillian, please be careful.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Don't worry Katrina. You're safe now. They won't be coming after you. And to be on the safe side, we'll place you under protective custody.

Snatcher_Katrina_2.jpg
I'm sorry about what happened in the shower... Maybe if your timing was a little better...

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
No problem. I think I needed a cold shower anyway.

Snatcher_Katrina_2.jpg
I... I don't want to lose anybody else.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Don't worry Katrina, we'll be fine. Metal, let's go !

Time to pay a visit to QUEENS hospital...

gens2009-09-0822-31-10-70.jpg

denizsi

Arcane
Will not be complete without this:

sna14hv4.jpg

(not mine)

By the way, were there actually a download link that I managed to miss?

Angthoron

Arcane
I smell uncomfortable explanations of why exactly Gillian has a young, pretty girl walking around his flat in a transparent towel to his wife (who will of course have decided to accept his offer at last!)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
denizsi said:
Will not be complete without this:

sna14hv4.jpg

(not mine)

By the way, were there actually a download link that I managed to miss?

Heh, I believe these figures were supported by a spin-off game called SD-Snatcher. It was a game developed for some jap console. It seems that it has essentially the same story , but the game also has rpg elements. It looks like those snes era jrpgs. SD stands for the super-deformed heads the characters have (don't ask me, it's one of those strange jap things). http://www.mobygames.com/game/super-deform-snatcher

As for a download link, you mean for the game ? You'll need Snatcher's iso image for the segacd, the segacd bios and the Gens emulator. The iso image and the bios can be found in sites like romnation.net

dragonfk

Erudite
You've got an extraordinary taste for choosing games for LP. Great LP, even better than Cthulu one and it's hard to top that one!

MOAR!

denizsi

Arcane
I've found out there are two ISO images out there, one at ~110 mb that comes with mp3s, and another one that comes at ~370 mb. Any discernable difference you know of?

ghostdog said:
Heh, I believe these figures were supported by a spin-off game called SD-Snatcher. It was a game developed for some jap console. It seems that it has essentially the same story , but the game also has rpg elements. It looks like those snes era jrpgs. SD stands for the super-deformed heads the characters have (don't ask me, it's one of those strange jap things). http://www.mobygames.com/game/super-deform-snatchert

Wow, do you think that might compliment the original adventure game?

edit: I've just found a torrent that comes with 5 versions of the game, coming at various sizes from 350 to 470 mb. One Saturn version, one Sega CD, one PSX/1, one PilotPCE(?) and one, uh, I don't know what, it only says Konami 1992 NTSC-J.

spekkio

Arcane
Only Sega-CD version was released in english (in USA).
Snatcher was released in Japan for:
MSX, PlayStation, SEGA CD, SEGA Saturn, TurboGrafx CD.

denizsi said:
I've found out there are two ISO images out there, one at ~110 mb that comes with mp3s, and another one that comes at ~370 mb. Any discernable difference you know of?
Some ISOs will gamebreakingly freeze up at your first car scene but others won't, iirc the romhustler version was the one that worked for me.

http://romhustler.net/roms/segacd/s

Original snatcher kill screen
SNATPCE-7.png

Original shower scene
SNATPCE-15.png

And a very cool video showcasing the different graphic styles between all the console versions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8yVl5UxT5k

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom