Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's demote some moderators

I would demote...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I just don't see the point in making a poll if you just do what you wanted anyway. It's like a dictator holding a vote; you might as well not. Are the people really going to feel like they have a choice?
It's about reinforcing the belief that the posters do not have the choice. DU runs the community and he will do as he pleases. That's the point of this thread and every thread of its ilk created on SF.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The fuck? Who and since when?

I have no idea. You'd have to be really stupid to think the Codex was a Democracy.

Now, whether the Codex is a dictatorship or a manipulated anarchic site is a more interesting question.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I just don't see the point in making a poll if you just do what you wanted anyway. It's like a dictator holding a vote; you might as well not. Are the people really going to feel like they have a choice?
I merely asked a question that under the posited hypothetical scenario, which moderators would you choose to demote.

If - unfortunately due to budget cuts - you had to demote some moderators, who would you choose?

Given that said hypothetical scenario doesn't exist (moderators aren't paid), there is therefore no reason to demote any moderators chosen under this poll. Just because people expressed a personal choice when answering the question, that they would demote given moderators under this scenario - and that a large number have chosen similar mods - doesn't denote that any action would be taken. I never said that "I would demote the mod who got the most votes". And I could, if for example I were listening to the votes, have equally decided that those who voted for all moderators had the most relevant argument and that therefore all mods should be demoted.

As a comparison, if a poll is conducted that finds a number of white people in a given area "are afraid of blacks in their neighbourhood", it doesn't thereby dictate that the creators of the poll are going to shoot all the black people - or move the white people out; or in fact take any action at all - other than to perhaps issue a press release with their findings or make a documentary. Polls of this nature are conducted on a regular basis and yet you don't hear people complaining "Hey, I got asked in a phone poll yesterday if I would vote for Trump as President - that means some guys gonna make him President, right? We gonna have like, an early election?".

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
oh so you want to kill all black people now, DU?
geez.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
DarkUnderlord

Yeah, I know. I just personally feel that the moving/splitting/etc. - whichever mod it is - should be toned down a bit so we don't have a situation again where someone outright retardos some of Anthony Davis' replies to a humorous question, for a recent example.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I just personally feel that the moving/splitting/etc. - whichever mod it is - should be toned down a bit so we don't have a situation again where someone outright retardos some of Anthony Davis' replies to a humorous question, for a recent example.
Agreed - and it should be from now on.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cool!
I think it's time for my very first Codex donation, once I get things sorted out here in Germany.

:brodex:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Aside from Crispy being a retard about the whole thing I'm glad nobody else got demoted.

Better the devil you know, etc.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I voted for Crooked Bee.

She actually seems really cool, but I know where that fucking bee is from. :killit:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Not sure what you mean. CRPGD reads like a hipster central where people pretend like they played games that came out before they were born - with only Codex Workshop beating it.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I think you hurt Jaesun's feelings with this poll, DU. You should apologize.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
demote crooked bee is one of the most insulting moderatoos i've ever encountered.

also make a polish subforum to separate them from the rest of the world.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As much as I like the man's admiration for the Rolant MT and for Ultima (at least I think he likes Ultima) I don't think Jaesun has been doing a consistent job, often moving threads when it, to me, seemed unneeded, or splitting them up for some harmless banter. So he gets my vote. He should still be mod for adventure games though- he loves them and he's always been doing a good job there.

This
This.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom