Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's demote some moderators

I would demote...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex

Arcane
Could we merge this thread with Crispy's?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We should just merge most of the threads in this forum with the "Thread exploding in butthurt again" one. In Retardo.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Huh, this shit again? And then, i have some admin yapping on my head that "nobody cares" about the location of a thread.

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Crispy said he would leave if ever his thread reached 20 pages IIRC. This is not moderation, this is trolling the failed lawkeeper.

MetalCraze

Arcane
EDIT: This is one of the reasons I registered on the Codex in the first place-on popamole forums they called me retarded for pointing out that Mass Effect 2 is not an RPG.

So how is that different from Dex? Here you are called retarded when you point out that a shooter isn't RPG too.

The only reason why Mass Effect gets all the shit is because it's hip to shit on Bioware even though faggots play every single game they release and then keep talking about their games for months.

Kotor is Top13 Dex CRPG and DAO is GOTY 2009 but today hipsters go like "zomg it was a mistake we just didn't play (ignored in favor of a Bioware game) Div2 and Risen which were superior!" and "lul kotor is shit that has dumbed down game mechanics and is too easy!"

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So how is that different from Dex? Here you are called retarded when you point out that a shooter isn't RPG too.
Not really. The thread about this "shooter" is on the (popamole)rpg forum and DU is fine with it.
What is it with this decline apologism on the codex?

DAO GOTY 2009? And not Divinity 2 or Risen? DAO is RPG Watch's GOTY 2009, too! And yet the 'dex feels somehow more :obviously:than RPG Watch? Hilarious.
So, the truth is the codex gets the rpgs it deserves.:decline:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The only reason why Mass Effect gets all the shit is because it's hip to shit on Bioware even though faggots play every single game they release and then keep talking about their games for months.

http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.ph...the-game-diablo-3-is-a-massive-decline.71430/

Don't remember if you answered already, but how do you like playing D3 all day long, skyway?

Ah, right, when you're whining about a game you're totally sincere, when others do it they secretly like it.
When did you start using the same retarded rhetoric others used on you? It usually was "LOL SKYWAY LAUGHS AT GAEMS BUT HE SECRETLY PLAYS THEM!!!". Now it's "LOL IM SKYWY THE ONLY TRUE GAEMER HERE AND BRINGER OF TRUTH YOU ALL LIE ABOUT WHICH GAEMS U PLAY".
Speaking of which, tell us about what a great game KOTOR is.

Mortmal

Arcane
Science needs better moderation as it is very shitty right now. Hell, it is even worse than r/science. Not to mention that a lot of the articles posted there are often posted on reddit as well, which speaks enough about their quality :decline: . I don't know if this is the moderators' fault or the Codex in general. A more active moderator might be helpful, though.

Science dont need a new moderator, the problem is the quality of the posts, copy pasting daily mail isnt good enough ,nor stuff like neanderthals being extinct cause of sucking at rabbit hunting. I suggest more copy pasting from there instead : http://www.newscientist.com/

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Repressed Homosexual
Science is mostly an endless self-congratulatory circle. "Science is so awesome, the possibilities are endless! All hail our scientific overlords!" Just admit you won't be satisfied until every discussion consists of nothing but that. Thankfully it has computer discussions as a redeeming feature, and I regularly post such discussions to break this nauseous cycle.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Same goes for the politics forum, in which an experiment with a heavier moderation might actually prove useful-the " Libru.ls ", "jews" etc circlejerk was never interesting and it didn't contribute to anything. :decline:
Fuck no. Heavier moderation isn't going to suddenly make people more intelligent and/or well-informed. It might make things more polite, or force people to dress up the same old shit in nicer words, but beyond perhaps looking nicer, the actual content wouldn't improve. Not worth the price paid, which is the increased potential for a mod to start overstepping their bounds and thought policing.
Also it'd force me to do more work so fuck that.
Crispy said he would leave if ever his thread reached 20 pages IIRC. This is not moderation, this is trolling the failed lawkeeper.

No, he said he'd leave at page 10. If it makes 20, he's coming back.

evdk

Patron
Science is mostly an endless self-congratulatory circle. "Science is so awesome, the possibilities are endless! All hail our scientific overlords!" Just admit you won't be satisfied until every discussion consists of nothing but that. Thankfully it has computer discussions as a redeeming feature, and I regularly post such discussions to break this nauseous cycle.
Well, there's also the threads where we laugh at your wheat hating ways.

Shows what I know...

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Same goes for the politics forum, in which an experiment with a heavier moderation might actually prove useful-the " Libru.ls ", "jews" etc circlejerk was never interesting and it didn't contribute to anything. :decline:
Fuck no. Heavier moderation isn't going to suddenly make people more intelligent and/or well-informed. It might make things more polite, or force people to dress up the same old shit in nicer words, but beyond perhaps looking nicer, the actual content wouldn't improve. Not worth the price paid, which is the increased potential for a mod to start overstepping their bounds and thought policing.

idonthavetimeforthiscrap please retardo that thread to preserve Crispy 's memory

:smug:

No, you don't understand. Let me give you a hint.

Which games would you say DO belong in that forum?
There are a lot of games that belong there-Alpha protocol, The Witcher 2/3, Skyrim, Fallout 3 etc.

Mass Effect threads used to be in general gaming, which is where they belong.

EDIT: This is one of the reasons I registered on the Codex in the first place-on popamole forums they called me retarded for pointing out that Mass Effect 2 is not an RPG.

Being here since 2011, you should know those "first we have to define what is a RPG" circlejerks never go anywhere.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think the joke was that only Kickstarter games are being discussed in gRPG.

Even if that was true (which it isn't), so what?

I detect some resentment here.

I dunno, I think it was just a joke
Every joke has a little of truth. There is some old school rpg discussion in CRPG, but not that much if compared to kickstarter's threads.

oh no, they are discussing games relevant to their interests

someone stop them, think of the children

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I think the joke was that only Kickstarter games are being discussed in gRPG.

Even if that was true (which it isn't), so what?

I detect some resentment here.

I dunno, I think it was just a joke
Every joke has a little of truth. There is some old school rpg discussion in CRPG, but not that much if compared to kickstarter's threads.

oh no, they are discussing yet to be released games relevant to their interests

someone stop them, think of the children
Fixed, and who said im complaining, jeez.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014

idonthavetimeforthiscrap please retardo that thread to preserve Crispy 's memory

:smug:
will do at page 19

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
zomg it was a mistake we just didn't play (ignored in favor of a Bioware game) Div2 and Risen which were superior!"
I played all of those and DA:O was the best of those three, especially with pre-DKS Divinity 2 being particularly terrible.

KotC was the least-worst RPG from '09 though.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ok, given the confusion, I have renamed the forum. I hope it's clearer now?

For historical reference:

Made for Console Popamole RPGs

For all those modern RPGs that have been designed for consoles as their target audience. Includes console only titles and games that had a multi-platform release on launch day.<br />
<i>Moderators: <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/7553/">JarlFrank</a>,
<a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/8082/">SuicideBunny</a>
<a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/10597/">VentilatorOfDoom</a></i>​

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom