Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's demote some moderators

I would demote...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
1. What specifically about Jaesun is it that is making everyone vote for him? Are you just racist and can't handle fags in a position of power?

Jaesun gets blamed for every moderation action that happens in the threads, since admins are allowed to ninja moderate (hint: bad idea over all).

The whole "even faintly Japanese, not a cRPG" rule is beyond retarded, but that can't be blamed on Jaesun.

Also, butthurt shitposters. Tubgirls in cRPG threads would be nice, eh? Go fuck yourself.

But you know all of this anyway, so I am very much

:notsureifserious:

2. Crispy has - for the time being - been demoted. However, why do people hate him? Is it because of his love for Emma Watson?

Because it is Crispy, for fucks sake? That is like making a serial rapist the rector of a Catholic girl school.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Because it is Crispy, for fucks sake? That is like making a serial rapist the rector of a Catholic girl school.
Right, very inappropriate, the official policy is applied usually to boy schools.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
I would like reasons for the following votes:

1. What specifically about Jaesun is it that is making everyone vote for him? Are you just racist and can't handle fags in a position of power?

2. Crispy has - for the time being - been demoted. However, why do people hate him? Is it because of his love for Emma Watson?

Jaeson is the worst kind of mod, the kind that actually enjoys moderating. He merges threads on a whim and turns discussion into an incoherent and impossible to follow mess. He removes posts when something rubs him the wrong way instead of basing his decisions on the quality of the post. He's a hypocrite because a lot of his posts are just dumb one-liners, emoticons, circlejerking, and shitposts, but he gets upset when other people post things he doesn't feel are substantial discussion. Dude just overall goes against the spirit of the site, at least what I've gathered of it since my time reading. Codexers are pretty easy-going with the mods for the most part, so if one seems to consistently piss people off the way Jeason does... he's obviously doing things different from the other mods and from what the users expect. It's not like this is the first time Jaeson's shit mod history has come up.

I also voted to boot Uliminatitit because he's a massive circlejerker/brown-noser. That sort of behavior is harmful to an online community.
:bro:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Since eleven people have voted for Crooked Bee this entire poll loses by default. Also, Absalom, voting for me at every turn here really doesn't bode well for our future work relation... ;)

GD chews up good men and leaves a broken wreck behind.

I wanna be a GD mod! Sounds like fun!

If there is one bit of advice I can give it's this. Keep stool samples.

Plus the voting for Jaesun is because he gets blamed for every mod action taken. Same thing that happened with GD when I got blamed for everything that happened when in reality I hadn't moderated there for months. When you become visible you start drawing flak. Is all.

Absalom

Since eleven people have voted for Crooked Bee this entire poll loses by default. Also, Absalom, voting for me at every turn here really doesn't bode well for our future work relation... ;)
I voted for everyone. I thought about not voting for you, specifically, but that would have been biased.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I <3 Jaesun (no homo) but the man is a mite too thin-skinned for a Codex mod and we disagree on how active a mod should be.

On the other hand, his moderation which basically solely consists of moving one or two threads once in a while causes so much butthurt in the Codex Butthurt Brigade that I'm fine with him continuing for that reason alone... Hmm. Scratch my vote, that alone is so much more important than any disagreeance we might have.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Jaesun is a quality poster, but his arbitrary moving of threads and posts makes the forum harder to read, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what a moderator should be doing.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Promote Ms. Bee to super-moderator and leave jRPG sub-forum with me. :3

Thirdwordian labor is 30% cheaper and 102,5% more huehue, and I promise to welcome threads that Jaesun don't want. :P

Bee is already Nyadmin though.

Voted everyone because the results button would only show half the results until I voted. :P

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Promote Bruticis to moderator. He has so many people on ignore there will be no moderation which is seemingly what some people want.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jaesun can be heavy handed, but he's also omnipresent. If you demote him, I'm not sure you'll be able to find another mod who spends as much time as he does on the forums. That's something that needs to be considered.

Maybe he just needs a vacation.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism. The trick to gauging the quality of a moderator is looking at who they're making butthurt. If it's a bunch of shitposters, odds are they're doing a decent job. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom