Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's demote some moderators

I would demote...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glyphwright

I learned from this thread that homosexuals are a race.

Please demote Gayfuckson, he's a useless, retarded, conceited piece of cocksucking shit.

And by the way, Crispy's real name is Chris.

Mortmal

Arcane
Since eleven people have voted for Crooked Bee this entire poll loses by default. Also, Absalom, voting for me at every turn here really doesn't bode well for our future work relation... ;)

GD chews up good men and leaves a broken wreck behind.

I wanna be a GD mod! Sounds like fun!

If there is one bit of advice I can give it's this. Keep stool samples.

Plus the voting for Jaesun is because he gets blamed for every mod action taken. Same thing that happened with GD when I got blamed for everything that happened when in reality I hadn't moderated there for months. When you become visible you start drawing flak. Is all.

I dont think they really vote agaisnt crooked bee,its just those guys arent too bright and they are voting agaisnt jrpg forums. Those games are too sophisticated , stats heavy and that hurts their feelings deeply. the :obviously: subforums are strategy, gazebo and jrpgs more than computer rpg nowadays.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I have no issues with any of the moderators, even if Jaesun is a bit overzealous at times. Nothing that in my opinion would warrant the stripping away of powers. They're all operating at optimal efficiency.

I would like reasons for the following votes:

1. What specifically about Jaesun is it that is making everyone vote for him? Are you just racist and can't handle fags in a position of power?

2. Crispy has - for the time being - been demoted. However, why do people hate him? Is it because of his love for Emma Watson?

IMO on a place like the Codex, a moderator's work should be very subtle. If there is constant meta-drama or lots of moving around of posts when people don't understand it then the mod is probably not being productive or effective.

Crispy tried too hard to make a mark, when that's exactly what a moderator around here shouldn't do. A moderator needs to do as little as necessary to keep things running smooth.

Jaesun just tries to project his tastes for games in general onto everyone else and it's not just stupid but also counter-productive to discussion around here. I mean, there's a fucking stupid thread around here somewhere discussing which category on the forum Morrowind should be put into based on what specific date the console release was. Fucking seriously. This is no better than "shitposting" as far as I'm concerned and actually obscures the far better discussion of what is the significance of particular mechanics and RPG designs.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
If you ask me, someone who doesnthavetimeforthiscrap is the perfect candidate to moderating /GD/

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Plus the voting for Jaesun is because he gets blamed for every mod action taken. Same thing that happened with GD when I got blamed for everything that happened when in reality I hadn't moderated there for months. When you become visible you start drawing flak. Is all.

This may seem like a fair point but it could be fixed pretty easily: make it a policy that each time a mod does something he writes who he is and what action he took in the thread where it happened.

A little accountability hurts nobody.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Jaesun can be heavy handed, but he's also omnipresent. If you demote him, I'm not sure you'll be able to find another mod who spends as much time as he does on the forums. That's something that needs to be considered.

Maybe he just needs a vacation.
Don't think you noticed it, but his lack of things to do omnipresence is the sole reason for his shittyness as a mod. And is not heavy handed, is shitty handed :yeah:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If this poll was indeed created because of some budget reasons, DarkUnderlord should create fundraisers for each moderator and see who people vote to stay with their wallets.

If there is some other reason, it would be nice to know what exactly are we voting on?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I know that there has been some butthurt about Jaesun moving threads but meh, minor issue.

Crispy was acting like a real bitch though, shitposting his modposts everywhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom