Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's demote some moderators

I would demote...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraQ

Arcane
Worse, his definition of "what is an RPG" doesn't always mesh with the majority's
Not just that, it also doesn't mesh with the definition in forum's guidelines.

Jaesun is a quality poster, but his arbitrary moving of threads and posts makes the forum harder to read, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what a moderator should be doing.
:bro:
I have nothing against Jaesun as a poster.
I actually consider him a p. cool guy, but as moderator he sucks dongs.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Jaesun is a shitposter most of the time, but he at least stays on topic of his shitposting, so its ok.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
It gets fucking annoying with the way Jaesun moves shit. FFS, he kept a Skyrim thread in the cRPG once (wtf?). Also, that Morrowind thread.

*Looks at current vote count*

Heh.

Other than that annoyance nothing big. Most of the mods are fine, though Crispy causing some drama is :decline: (or :incline: depending on how you view things)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Uh, slack-jawed is a phrase that indicates a girly man by virtue of the fact that he can't take a punch. He's slack-jawed. That's a line from Predator.

What the hell is wrong with you?

DragoFireheart

Uh, slack-jawed is a phrase that indicates a girly man by virtue of the fact that he can't take a punch. He's slack-jawed. That's a line from Predator.

What the hell is wrong with you?

I know, but it's intended meaning came off differently to me.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
That's a line from Predator.
Indeed, it's in the Holy Scriptures :

Dutch 11.3 :
And it came to be that while Blain was chewing tobacco, those around him looked at him with a disapproving eye. And then Blain said : "Bunch a slackjawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a goddamned Sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.", said Blain. Upon hearing these words of wisdom, all around him started chewing tobacco, and there was much rejoicing.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have no problems with how anything is being moderated. However, the question was about budget cuts, so I voted for everything in the General Discussion, Politics, Science, and the Public Library. Then you'll save money and can spread out responsibilities if your moderators are too overworked.

Jaesun would be hard to replace as he's spent a lot of time playing RPGs from the 80s to the modern years. I don't know who else you could get to run your most important forum, The Computer RPG forum, but he or she would have to have a lot of CRPG experience, time and patience. I wouldn't want to deal with a moderator who doesn't know crap about the topic.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Won't be long until this thread is mentioned in The Great List of RPGCodex Drama thread.

And I see that Ulminati voted for every forum on this list, including his own. Well played, sir.

DragoFireheart

Jaesun is sure getting a lot of flak, btw.
Yes, but from whom.

Me
dnf
felipepepe
Jasede
HHR
Mastermind
20 Eyes
TwinkieGorilla
Cosmic Misogynerd
dannyfx1
Spectacle
Excommunicator
Cloclwork Knight
DraQ

Moving threads around is fine and he's done it correctly, but leaving a Skyrim thread in cRPG? Moving Morrowind into Console RPGs?

:decline:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And I see that Ulminati voted for every forum on this list, including his own. Well played, sir.

I was curious and the results box got cut off halfway down the list if I didn't vote. :P
I figured voting for every forum was the best way to make a null vote and see the results.

Not sure if the thread is going to provide more drama than Crispy leaving in a huff however. Most of the staff seem to prescribe to the philosophy that if there isn't at least one dumbfuck out there who hates your guts, you aren't doing anything of note.

Jaesun moving shit about is Jaesun being Jaesun. I'm not a fan of some of the stuff he pulls. But I don't feel a pressing urge to rant and rage. It's not like he's trambling all over my precious freedoms or pushing a sinister gay agenda to cause butthurt in all men.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Being made moderator of GD is pretty much the Codex's version of being made Lord of Harrenhal.

Mortmal

Arcane
I dont think morrowind should be in the "designed for consoles and their target audience" the xbox port was made after the pc version, It is a true pc game with a pc interface, unlike skyrim wich require modding to even get a normal interface. It wasnt engineered for consoles , remember you have to find caius cosade without quest markers and glowing trails , sometime you even have to read text.Text is teh hard, they never thought of the average 10 year old punk kid when designing this game .

Kotor in popamole section ? arguably .

Witcher 3 i see no reason why, witcher 2 was one of the rare games using my pc hardware to its fullest, not an average xbox port with higher resolutions , theres no reason to think it was not developped for the pc master race first. Divinity 2 get in computer rpg cause larian is cool , poles arent, drunk bloodthirsty savages .

Dragon age origin ? Designed for pc first with a long development time ,even if you dont like it, its not a console game.

Its not moderation, its enforcing one personal taste .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom