Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Descend into the EΨE of Divine Cybermancy

Is the metastreumatic force (chaos) just a delusion?

• Total voters

flabbyjack

Arcane
OK, some shit to keep you guys interested
After New Eden we head to some backwater hole to play bitch-boi for a pack'o'looters in a plot against the Jians
wf22b4g.jpg

qjKuGpN.jpg

Setting up the sentry kill corridors

Exploring Temple HQ between missions will reveal new dialogue and new NPCs
PHKL4Yz.jpg

Pbfs6nO.jpg

xDq8MKJ.jpg

VvwG23P.jpg

3w8Wxal.jpg

6NYRUg0.jpg

yaMx1aw.jpg

OwCygEb.jpg

eSyikQq.jpg

6jO1YbN.jpg

vyo9ZYo.jpg

Y5LFxCv.jpg

bYijBQh.jpg

Even Huan has new stuff to say, that shiteater

Commander Rim gives us the low-down. Our mentor has been a busy boy.
IIYOPG5.jpg

q1aRy1x.jpg

These NPCs just want to talk, and reveal crucial plot info. The game even disables weapons around them. Nonetheless...

KuCruBr.jpg

Then it's back to Mars. Again. For the 7th time.

iEjBJ0E.jpg

Fighting on Mars with some spacers

If you look hard enough, you can get recruited by the Federals
Pf1DWjM.jpg

mSkQkVE.jpg

VEvzhxc.jpg

The final assault on Temple HQ
RYymodx.jpg

After completing the story arc (which I biffed btw, so it's back to Mission 1 for me) you return to Temple HQ, with a few NPCs who talk about how crazy you are.
guQNs9U.jpg

PbQM9F6.jpg

ujRNzYV.jpg

ymOK7wB.jpg

But we're finally getting close to the artifact! Really! This time for real! maybe
BWLzwEx.jpg

AV1yZbq.jpg

A giant gate! This couldn't be the artifact, we saw one on Mars just like it, and walk through it every time we load a game.

Ending dialogue variant 3 (There are no variants, it's always the same text)
547kIaH.jpg

RefMYqu.jpg

6bjFd25.jpg

fsCQimu.jpg

qNlhF1j.jpg

86S1U7H.jpg

In the new game, I manage to destroy my ride before it disappears into the sunset
S53Gfsp.jpg

However, the after-explosion destroys my contact operative and attracts a few looters
Mm2Qqd5.jpg

Ryan muller

Educated
E.Y.E is an infinitely better FPS+RPG than the completely overrated mediocrity known as Fallout: New Vegas. Plus it runs on a stable engine and weird as it is, its plot also is vastly superior and it implemented a very interesting alternative to save/load.

DragoFireheart

:troll:

This game reminds me of the also underrated classic known as Strife, gameplay-wise. Stylistically it's a completely different animal.
I know this is old but you cant be serious

As overrated as new vegas is, e.y.e is way too lackluster to be anywhere near as good, enemy a.i is pathetic and they simply break at longer distances, its way too easy and its even easier to exploit its systems since you have way too many HP and the ability to pick heavy armor from the get go kills any sense of progression as far as itemization is concerned

Most of the game is an icoherent mess full of badly translated dialogue and even once you get to know what is happening, its quite generic. The whole thing between the federation and Secura is extremely generic war bullshit and it doesnt make any effort to deliver impactul characterization nor interesting plot progression

So, combat is full of possibilities but enemy a.i and lack of meaningful encounters kill the potential for good combat, it barely has itemization, and for sure not good itemization, it lacks coherence and its plot is not only badly written But convoluted and generic at the same time (which is quite hard to get) and it has absolutely no color for the entirety of the game
Is bad at best and atrocious at worst

Its very far from new vegas's level

Egosphere

Arcane
E.Y.E is an infinitely better FPS+RPG than the completely overrated mediocrity known as Fallout: New Vegas. Plus it runs on a stable engine and weird as it is, its plot also is vastly superior and it implemented a very interesting alternative to save/load.

DragoFireheart

:troll:

This game reminds me of the also underrated classic known as Strife, gameplay-wise. Stylistically it's a completely different animal.
I know this is old but you cant be serious

As overrated as new vegas is, e.y.e is way too lackluster to be anywhere near as good, enemy a.i is pathetic and they simply break at longer distances, its way too easy and its even easier to exploit its systems since you have way too many HP and the ability to pick heavy armor from the get go kills any sense of progression as far as itemization is concerned

Most of the game is an icoherent mess full of badly translated dialogue and even once you get to know what is happening, its quite generic. The whole thing between the federation and Secura is extremely generic war bullshit and it doesnt make any effort to deliver impactul characterization nor interesting plot progression

So, combat is full of possibilities but enemy a.i and lack of meaningful encounters kill the potential for good combat, it barely has itemization, and for sure not good itemization, it lacks coherence and its plot is not only badly written But convoluted and generic at the same time (which is quite hard to get) and it has absolutely no color for the entirety of the game
Is bad at best and atrocious at worst

Its very far from new vegas's level
EYE is simply one of those games that is so weird, there isn't anything else quite like. Such games, especially when they're coupled with mechanics that are not superficial and shallow, tend to attract an audience. It has a lot of flaws, perhaps every single element in the game taken in isolation is flawed, but the sum of its parts is worth playing at least once.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom