Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Die Together in ADOM: I have no idea what I'm doing Edition

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I use Faststone capture, which is also awesome for adding fun little arrows.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you're playing the Steam version, you can use Steam's screenshot functionality (and even store you screenshot on Steam's server).
Hum, can you select a region to screenshot? That function saves a lot time from not having to crop the images manually afterwards.

huh no, it just capture the game screen. I hadn't though of that.

I know there's something called greenshot that can do that but I only know because it was pre installed on my work machine, not because I've ever used it for game screenshots.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
The Adventures of Trollbaud

Chapter 3: The Stuff of Heroes

And we're back!

OgCIhXB.png

Bfyivdw.png
Hang on, how did I get here?

There were some 'technical issues', you kinda ended up wandering around aimlessly for a while.

Bfyivdw.png
Oh, that would explain why I'm so hungry now.

JkI3sNN.png

Yeah, we could pray for food, but I don't think we should bother with that now. Let's have something from your backpack.

Bfyivdw.png
Should...should I try that goblin corpse?

You're a troll, you'd better get used to eating that stuff now I guess.

Bfyivdw.png
I'm sorry little one, I can't fight the instinct.

raaaaar, yap, yam!

SnBzOmC.png

Bfyivdw.png
Buuuurp! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......

Looks like you liked it. While you're having a nap I'll take advantage of it to go over some more stats and stuff.

FlY6BRI.png

This is our character screen. Most of it should be self explanatory and nothing really new. We can see how high we can raise our stats, that Trollbaud is only 18 years old (so he's legal ladies!), that he prays to the divinity Vagrak (hopefully we'll learn more about that at some point). We can see that we hit like a truck in melee but not that hot at range. Also we can see our Encumbrance limts. I'm not sure but I think we are quite strong.

jFHBovW.png

Next up our equipped inventory, currently we only have a thick fur (probably a loincloth to hide Trollbaud's modesty) the bow we previously found and a really big club, the one we don't bother hiding. Pretty much what could be expected from a barbarian.

Dt7TRPi.png

This is our backpack. We got some pet rocks, our friendly wand, food, gold, a potion and scroll. No idea what those last two do, I'll have to figure that out at some point.

1xT2v5M.png

Those are our skills. We're decent at everything that's physical, for the rest...not so much.

The game resolves everything by dice rolls it seems, like any self-respecting RPG. Typical rules apply here, the first number you see is the number of dices, and second how many faces the dice has (so for Athletics checks we roll 3 dice of 1 to 5). At higher skill levels (around 80, but it varies) you get to roll twice and pick the better result, so it pays to raise your skills higher.

4y5ckHd.png

Our combat skills. We suck at everything that doesn't involve clubbing people in the head.

u11HGyJ.png

Our Talent(s). Only the one we started with, I assume we can get some new ones later on.

E2SJRtz.png

Our Quest Log. We only have the starter one so far.

rRMnL3t.png

Our history. I assume we might get some new stuff there later on. And our Origin is of course different due to the restart I had to do. Also, we're really tall.

Enough of that for now, let's go adventuring! Trollbaud, wake up!

Bfyivdw.png
gnnn? Did I miss something?

Don't worry, let's go and visit that village right there, it's the one we need to visit for our quest

2eRftfj.png

UrdntOH.png

Bfyivdw.png
Ooooh, look! Happy children dancing and playing around!

8YhcJTh.png

You will not eat them.

Bfyivdw.png
But...I never meant to...

Go and talk to that elderly dude, he's all stringy and thin, nothing to eat on him.

fWmmgfo.png

Bfyivdw.png
Hello good sir, let me introduce myself. I am Trollbaud, 3rd of the name, descendant of the mighty...

WkCbzYx.png

Bfyivdw.png
Is he even listening to me?

Yeah, so far the dialog system seems rather basic. You click on someone, they infodump on you what they have and you move one. But hey, our first real quest!

C85i8c5.png

Bfyivdw.png
Oooh, I can't wait to see what that reward will be!

If we ever make it back....

Bfyivdw.png
What was that?

Nothing! Let's move on and talk to the next elderly guy of the village!

KRTIPM8.png

YFSHeYR.png

RZFDPKD.png

Bfyivdw.png
I feel slightly offended.

You're still pissing yourself whenever you see a Goblin and you wanted to go and fight primoridal evil?

Bfyivdw.png
Point taken. I just wish you cared about my feelings a little bit more.

And you kissed your troll mother with that mouth? Shush, he's got a quest you can actually handle:

FfGzPqy.png

Bfyivdw.png
A raider...I should be able to handle that, right?

hum...maybe...Next!

b9IM5V7.png

Bfyivdw.png
Look at that baby dragon! He's so cute and fluffy and adorable!

aQxEIfW.png

mKbZ1sB.png

Bfyivdw.png
Ooooh, he's missing his mommy :hug:

I swear, you're the wussiest troll I've ever met. That's probably a quest though, let's keep that in mind. NEXT!

dbA2cUx.png

Quality hero quest material here!

aNyvVZy.png

WjY91B1.png

portrait_you.png
Did she smell of apricot too?

BEGONE YOU! WE'RE PLAYING A REAL GAME FOR MANLY MEN HERE! WE SHALL HAVE NONE OF YOUR FEELINGS!

Bfyivdw.png
Who the hell was that?

A cautionary tale, but forget about him.

FqmaDAy.png

Bfyivdw.png
Oooh, a shop!

Don't get too excited, they're only selling food here. Let's buy a couple of rations with our limited money and get out of here. We've got some questing to do!

Bfyivdw.png
Where are we going boss?

South-East, towards the cave Old Dude#1 told us about. If anything he's the only one that gave us a clear direction.

drnoGUW.png

Ha! There it is! Trollbaud, are you ready for your first quest? To smite evil and rid the world of its corrupted oppressors?

Bfyivdw.png
....Mommy.....

tbuC1Q1.png

Join us next time where we will with venture into our first real dungeon with Trollbaud!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Wait, you use capture software? That's high tech.

Back in my times we used Paint and were happy with it!

I never made far with ADOM so I know jack shit.

Also, apparently you can choose the sex of your pixelman, so remember that we'd like a Female Orc Paladin.
For representation and inclusion, not for sick, sick fetishes. We're good men here.

I have no proper naming suggestions, so I trust your limitless wisdom.

spectre

Arcane
The game resolves everything by dice rolls it seems, like any self-respecting RPG. Typical rules apply here, the first number you see is the number of dices, and second how many faces the dice has (so for Athletics checks we roll 3 dice of 1 to 5). At higher skill levels (around 80, but it varies) you get to roll twice and pick the better result, so it pays to raise your skills higher.
While you're technically not wrong here, the dice listed in the skills section are actually used for skill advancement.
When your skill advances, it grows by the result of the die roll and the die is decreased the further you advance, so it's easier to get big gains at the beginning and slows down once you get closer to the top.
This might be affected by a bunch of stuff cause ADOM's running some complex formulas under the hood, though let's not get too much into that. I never bothered to look most of this shit up myself.

Skill advancement can happen when you use a skill a lot (the "in the academy we believe in learning by doing" approach), some skills only train when you succeed, others when you fail, and you can also raise skills manually on levelup.
The rate is also affected by your Learning, so the bottom line is, don't count on it happening a lot on a troll.

It appears you also missed one NPC you can talk to in the village... and I think I'll be shutting up here cause I think I'm blurting out too much information. Though I think this one's just vague enough and I am blurting this one for the sole benefit of this LP.

tindrli

Arcane
mr. Andnjord since i dont have avatar for years or since our staff decided to remove our avatars years before i dont remmember a reason anymore. If its not too much of the hassle you can use this one that i had prior removing
mIsRUCl.jpg

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
The Adventures of Trollbaud

Chapter 4: Glorious Rescue

Let's go Trollbaud!!

tgiXfsv.png

So about that game freezing thingie, it doesn't seem to be related to me taking screenshots with ShareX. In fact it seems to happen in the various menu screens (like inventory and backpack) when pressing a key the game doesn't recognize or even on the eating screen, where I'm pretty sure it happened without me interacting with anything.
Due to this, I had to reload the dungeon once before entering it, which is why the grate you can see at the right of the stairs doesn't exist anymore in Trollbaud's universe.
Does anyone have any idea as to why the hell this is happening?

Bfyivdw.png
....okey....

5rwjm2O.png

Bfyivdw.png
Those candles are so spooky...Who even keeps them up all the time? Who goes out and replaces them? Do they ever run out?

You're overthinking it. Just accept that a dungeon without torches is a dungeon without atmosphere and a dungeon without atmosphere is like a troll without food.

Bfyivdw.png
A troll without food?! Don't be obscene!

gdRzjcd.png

Bfyivdw.png
AAAAA! What's this?!?

It's a...you know what, you actually already know it. Let's use you Monster Memory

Bfyivdw.png
My wha...ZOOOOOOOOOM!

mWGqUDk.png

See, you knew it already, let's try it on the gobbo.

nsVF9gc.png

Interesting. Looks like the more you kill an opponent, the more you learn about them.

Bfyivdw.png
I don't feel so good....

Too much thinking for you, why don't you beat those two down, that'll make you feel better.

Stoink! Boong! Splat

Better now?

DcGQEmb.png

Bfyivdw.png
....yes...And it's actually easier than I thought.

Yeah, you don't seem to realise, but you're actually quite beefy.

We explore the level further, killing a couple of gobbos, a rat and a bat in the process without taking a scratch. We get a 'Black Book' as loot that Trollbaud being illiterate cannot read.

kJyMeXS.png

g1WwN70.png

Bfyivdw.png
Alright, what now?

What do you mean 'what now', we go to the next level.

Bfyivdw.png
But there isn't a next level.

Really? No doors, trapdoors, grates or secret passages?

Bfyivdw.png
No, nothing. We just spent the last hours searching every inch and found nothing. Just those two empty rooms.

ItiN52a.png

QWngSW2.png

Well, this is odd... Are you sure you Searched for everything?

Bfyivdw.png
Yeah, almost everywhere and it took so long that I'm HUNGRY now!

Shiiiieeet, you went through almost all our food now. Ok, let's go back to the village and hope we have enough money to buy you some food, we can always come back here.

Seriously, I could find nothing, zilch, nada, no way to access any other level

Back at the town the merchant refuses our merchandise, it appears through research that he will only accept food to sell.

Well damn, we only have one single ration left.

Bfyivdw.png
Oooooh Vagrak, I'm hungry!!!!

Pffff, you think a god would pay any attention to you?

202J5hL.png

Well I'll be damned, it worked.

Let's have a look at that other village nearby, maybe they'll buy our crap?

qRsFIzf.png

x3sZfBr.png

Bfyivdw.png
That guy doesn't look too friendly...

3GGTd9z.png

Sure, but you're not weak and helpless now, are you?

Bfyivdw.png
hum...I guess not?

Definitely not, you're a 9 foot tall monster with more teeth than hair, they're leaving you alone.

Look! A shop!

CWiO0uZ.png

Bfyivdw.png
Ooooh, magic items and weapons!

Sure, but remember you're broke and need money for food or you'll starve. Let's sell him that 'Black Book' and the Scroll we found earlier, it's not like you can read anyways.

We sell both those items and now have 94 gold coins.

Let's find other people to talk to now.

rEazyrw.png

Bfyivdw.png
Hello, good upstanding gentlemen!

1zP2FEw.png

Bfyivdw.png
Ooow :(

Hell of a hero you are!

M4g1R7n.png

oTkrIQX.png

He gives us some training in pick-pocketing, which brings our skill to...1

Bfyivdw.png
I'm a 9 foot tall monster with more teeth than hair, what did you expect?

Point taken.

More people to talk to.

8GjeXE7.png

AlN9IOM.png

Bfyivdw.png
Me? Kill an innocent person? But I could never...

You're Chaotic, remember?

Bfyivdw.png
...I guess?

We'll decide that later.

Drunken dorf! to talk to!

jnaF5RT.png

9pcv57D.png

nX00VtE.png

xAkdVGM.png

2BKF3A4.png

V2DINR9.png

0iPgb2y.png

Bfyivdw.png
I am so confused right now...

No idea what this Dorf! is about either. This place is doing things to people, half of them seem to be crazy, like that guy:

XyogYlZ.png

Or that one

HfXgsVa.png

Bfyivdw.png
Can we leave now?

Sure, let's go back to our first village, Tenryio, buy some food and figure out what to do next.

A brief moment later...

HvnLmua.png

Bfyivdw.png
Let me fight it, I need to relieve the frustration of the previous village.

P2FZufm.png

SPLAAT!

xxf9TZg.png

Bfyivdw.png
I feel stronger now!

Yeah! Our first level up! Far as I know, when leveling up you gain some extra hit points, (when went from 38 to 45) and you pick a number of skills to increase, the amount they do depending on the dice-roll as Spectre pointed out.
We get 4 skills to increase (I guess that number depends on Learning? My tutorial character had 5), so I increase Athletics and Dodge by one each and put two into Two-Handed Weapon Fighting (it wasn't actually that high).

Back at the Village, we spend all our money on food and find this little girl with a different hair-style than the others:

8bhEkNM.png

Bfyivdw.png
Of course my little sweetie, uncle Trollbaud is here to help you, my cutie-pie.

But we don't even know where that dog is?

Bfyivdw.png
Sure we do!

i7T4b2r.png

Oh, never mind. Onward! To Glory and Adventure!

Bfyivdw.png
You're making fun of me, aren't you?

Me? Of course not, nothing is more glorious than finding stray puppies.

Bfyivdw.png
Humrpf...

LWk0cbj.png

We find the cave, just right next to the tutorial dungeon.

d3SKtuU.png

Bfyivdw.png
Yaaaar, nothing will stop me from rescuing this little girl's puppy! I am stronger now!

All right, let's hope we can actually explore this place properly. Wait, did you hear that?

nQESJah.png

Bfyivdw.png
Pah! I'm sure it's nothing! These foul beasts will feel my righteous fury!

Heh, you're probably right, I think this dungeon is meant to be pretty easy.

wy7wi9C.png

Bfyivdw.png
RAAARGH! SLAUGHTER!!

Easy as pie, and hey, we even found some armour!

E2IUGV0.png

Bfyivdw.png
Look, gold! Glorious gold!

3ZcCMfH.png

'Right, let's grab that and move on. This feels good, like we're where we were meant to be.

Bfyivdw.png
Haha! New fauna to discover!

CY6Sr51.png

lb4pZiT.png

We fight a few similar groups, by standing in doorways we ensure that they never get to overwhelm us and we win easily.

We also find a fair amount of loot, like this helmet and a bunch of vendor trash (at least for us)

XgRMmVP.png

B4bXSR1.png

Bfyivdw.png
Yup, after this we won't have any issues buying food. Onward!

You know what, this is going pretty well, I'm starting to believe that you might have some potential.

Bfyivdw.png
Yar, I can even detect secret passages now!

A5b0Ip4.png

Still that buzzing sound.

Bfyivdw.png
Nothing can stand against my mace!

VzMNSkg.png

Ooh, so that's what that buzzing sound was...

ve5O5dj.png

Bfyivdw.png
Easy come, easy go!

gU7IiHL.png

Huh, poison. It doesn't look too bad though, at least not Icewind Dale levels of bad.

We clean the room up pretty quickly, but it looks like the bees keep spawning from that hive.

Bfyivdw.png
I'll get rid of it, no problem!

WAIT NO!!

Kick!

hYZ0EPB.png

Bfyivdw.png
IIIIIIIIICK!!!!

*scribbles note* Don't...kick...hives...next...time....Got it!

Bfyivdw.png
HEEELP!

Oh right. Don't stand in the middle of the room, get to a choke point!

viDX8vZ.png

Bfyivdw.png
Huf puf...It worked, they're all dead.

That was a little too close. Let's have a look at the corridor north-west of you, then we'll get out of here to heal, you've lost a lot of health.

We found nothing of note except for a goblin that quickly dies, but on the way back....

Tzo6s24.png

Bfyivdw.png
They keep coming! Do something! I don't wanna die here!

In your backpack, we have a potion drink it!

Bfyivdw.png
But we don't know what it does!

We found it in the tutorial dungeon, the chances of it cursing you or worse are practically nill.

Glom!

uWLoYPq.png

Bfyivdw.png
IT'S NOT ENOUGH, THERE'S TOO MANY OF THEM!

FPyrUk8.png

Oh well, I think you might be correct here, what a shame really.

Bfyivdw.png
AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!

sigh...And to think I had such high hopes for you....

Bfyivdw.png
MOOOOOOMMAAAAAAAA....aaaaaaaaaaaarh.....

XyOUm2o.png

Dear oh dear, death by poison, what a painful way to die. And all that to find a lost puppy.

13MRaen.png

Hey, our first achievement! Thanks Trollbaud!

4CClJ3L.png

QfaOH3D.png

And that's the end of our first hero! Remember kids, we all learned a valuable lesson thanks to Trollbaud, don't kick hives filled with murderous giant bees!

Dayyālu

Arcane
EDIT: And here we go, everyone say hi to Dayyladina[/spoiler]

There's legit more art for female orc paladins than I was expecting, and it's 99% not cheesecake either! The world is failing me.

:salute: to Baud the Troll, he died as he lived

Not that Dayya-whatever will fare better

spectre

Arcane
Ah yes, death by poison. Classic. I was secretly betting on the "stone block hits your head", but this one is fine too, especially for your first death.
And quite fitting as well, I could see you were starting to get cocky. That's exactly how ADOM kills you.

For anyone interested, the worst bit about poison in this game is that it stacks for much greater effect. A buff troll backed by natural regeneration should be able to easily shrug off one stinger,
just close the door behind you in a relatively safe room until it passes from your system. Use First Aid every time you see the "you feel the poison coursing through your veins" to get a few hps back.

Andnjord

Arcane
THE ADVENTURES OF DAYYALADINA

Chapter 1: Impudent Wench!

Well, now that the glorious adventures of Trollbaud are over, let's see who else is next on the list:

a Female Orc Paladin.
For representation and inclusion, not for sick, sick fetishes. We're good men here.

:shredder:
What a sick motherfucker, what manner of degenerate succubus has he summoned from the abyss, what kind of sensual creature whose only goal in life will be to lead manly men astray from their purity and beli..

mJK8UgM.png

Oh...

THMTeh9.png
Impudent wench, will thou stop thy pathetic rambling?

I...you....you were not what I was expecting.

THMTeh9.png
Thou will accommodate thyself with what thou shalt receive. Now let me introduce myself to our audience!

Wait, that's supposed to be my job...

THMTeh9.png
SILENCE! Lest I unleash upon thee the wrath of my God, The One Who Rageth!

THMTeh9.png
My name is Dayyaladina, born under the sign of the Candle. I hail from the proudest of the orc tribes, and I was chosen to glory our God, The One Who Rageth and smite His enemies in the name of my tribe.

C22vKhV.png

LwuqB0d.png

pFVN0RU.png

hf4kRHU.png

THMTeh9.png
Through the sign of the Candle, He hath seen fit to favour me with superior regenerative powers and continuous favours. I am His faifthul servant and shall smite all those who dare to stop the bringing of war and strife upon this puny world.
THMTeh9.png
Witness the perfect form He hath bequeathed upon me!

6pWjWwk.png

No idea if those stats are any good for a paladin, we shall see.

THMTeh9.png
I have been blessed with a naturally sound body and superior speed, none shall escape my wroth!

viX07mq.png

THMTeh9.png
My tribe hath blessed me with superior equipment to aid me in my quest!

DKo8DLt.png

Remember how Trollbaud basically started with a loincloth and a big mace? (No! The other mace you degenerate!)#PaladinPrivilege is real

THMTeh9.png
I bear with me the Most Holy sign of The One Who Rages, it shall help me when I'll require His most Wrathful Guidance.

xXk9ZT2.png

THMTeh9.png
He hath not deemed me worthy of the highest of skills, but that is just a test He hath blessed me with.

LYlPvKK.png

hum...wonderful, would you consent to embark upon your quest now that the presentations are over?

THMTeh9.png
I shall, but thou will stop with thine impudent obsequious tone!

qYAL4WE.png

Here we are again, the same dungeon that Trollbaud explored at the start. I'll run through it quickly just to get some easy xp for Dayyladina.

But before I do that, let me take a moment to have a look at the divine side of the gameplay:

Gods and You: How I learned to stop worrying and praised the Divine

Since our new character is a Paladin, this is a good time to look at the sacred in ADOM and...
THMTeh9.png
Silence impudent wench! I shall guide our readers in the divine workings of the world!

But I...

THMTeh9.png
In the world of ADOM, each person worships a god. This god is assigned at birth and one cannot betray his faith by choosing to worship another one. Some heretical scholars dare to suggest that there are but three divinities in the world, one for Law, one for Neutrality and one for Chaos and that all the various divinities are but different aspects of the same three Gods. But it should be obvious that The One Who Rages is The One True God and that will smite all the other pretenders. His aspect is that of Chaos, and the strife He shall bring to the world will separate the strong from the weak, and only they shall ascend to the Heavens!

THMTeh9.png
Each Hero is watched by his God, and each God keeps track of the hero's actions. Said actions could please or displease the God, and the resulting Piety will change over time. One can sacrifice at the Altars of the appropriate alignment, or pray to one of the Holy Symbols like the ones that I possess.

THMTeh9.png
If a hero's Piety is high enough an appeal can be made to the God, with favours ranging from Divine Satiating mana, regeneration in times of great trouble, or healing of affliction. It is also said that the Divinities will reward their most devout followers with items of legendary powers. But one has to be careful not to disturb a God too often, for their favours can be fickle things.

THMTeh9.png
Finally, as a blessed Paladin my divinity will grant me powers over time as I prove my worth. I do not possess any at the moment, but I intend to obtain some soon enough. I will only be able to use said powers as long as I am favoured by Him, so a great many undeserving will be sacrificed in His most glorious Name.

Hum, thank you for your insights, let's now go back to your adventures.

You'll see, this dungeon is pretty short and easy, even Trollbaud was able to overcome it with ease once he got over his fears.

Wait...this looks different...

THMTeh9.png
What seems to be the problem?

I have been into this dungeon twice, once in the tutorial and once with Trollbaud and it was the same. It appears that this time the dungeon is completely changed.

THMTeh9.png
Perfect. If that pathetic excuse of a troll thou called Trollbaud was able to handle it, then it would have been no challenge to prove my worth to The One Who Rageth. YAAAAAAAR!!!

Yr3NjQN.png

Splat

Ca9eekA.png

Dayyaladina proceeds to rampage through the level, slaughtering orcs and gobbos left and right. Thanks to the double-dip of regeneration from her star-sign and her Healthy talent, any scratch she receives is quickly healed, even a fireball to the face from a trapped door.

hJgnjMM.png

THMTeh9.png
Ha! A mighty tome of magic! I shall read it at my leisure when The One Who Rageth will deem appropriate.

qN9yw57.png

THMTeh9.png
I feel stronger now

GdeE3j1.png

Wait, already?

THMTeh9.png
Yes, thy pathetic 'hero' from before was cursed by his troll nature to learn incredibly slowly. I for one have no such weakness.

Trolls level...a lot slower than everyone else, it's true.

THMTeh9.png
Bring me more enemies! My Spear thirsts!

UDgSHiq.png

THMTeh9.png
Wonderful, a staircase that will bring me towards more worthy enemies!

You know, it might be a good idea to head back out, regroup and consider our options?

THMTeh9.png
Impudent wench! I shall continue forward and smite the unbelievers that reside in those depths!

....yes mistress...

Down we go...

p5FDh5M.png

THMTeh9.png
I feel stronger now

JveFLZ6.png

Damn, you leveling fast.

b0razr8.png

THMTeh9.png
The One Who Rageth hath deigned to make me faster.

WDBUHML.png

1Vlh5IG.png

More weak enemies and new and exciting ones continue to pose no challenge to Dayyaladina.

P6bngm9.png

3CtOvpD.png

THMTeh9.png
These pathetic creatures are barely worthy of my Spear. Still, I feel stronger now.

G8Jqazy.png

Indeed you are. But you are running low on food, are you sure you don't want to go back out and get some supplies?

THMTeh9.png
Not yet! I shall continue to explore this level!

THMTeh9.png
Wait, what is this foul creature!

ohj0KuS.png

Uh oh...

vgHvp9u.png

THMTeh9.png
Feeble cursed one, die by my Spear!

Luckily this thing seems to only paralyze you as you hit them, and since it died on our first hit the paralysis it inflicts on Dayya quickly runs out with no other enemies to exploit it.

Ok, the enemies here are starting to become worrying.

eO359MN.png

THMTeh9.png
They are still no match for my Faith, but I shall take thine advice this time. I shall head back out and consider my options now.

Thank you mistress. Hey, look! One of those respawning kobolds seems to have dropped an amulet!

THMTeh9.png
Haha! A boon from The One Who Rages! I shall equip it forthwith!

Are you sure? We don't know what it does.

THMTeh9.png
Are you doubting the gifts of The One Who Rageth?

No mistress.

THMTeh9.png
Then keep silent! Let me put it on now!

PQgWIXo.png

ZOOOOMG. Dayya, you look....different

oja2M3e.png

LFiRy9X.png
Impudent wench!

I...gh....

LFiRy9X.png
Thou shall stop thy depraved eyes and look up NOW if thou dost not desire to taste my whip!

Yes mistress...

I7AJUPG.png
Thou shall recite twelve times the psalm of Conan as penance for thy sinful mind! I shall keep this amulet as one does not refuse the gifts of He Who Rages, and it shall serve as a test for thy weak soul. Now onward, let us leave this place for now!

Yes mistress...Where are we going to though?

I7AJUPG.png
I shall pray to He Who Rages for counsel, in the meantime thou shall leave me alone until He answers my prayers.

Very well, I'll leave you for now.

LFiRy9X.png
Impudent wench! Stop thy wretched behaviour!

Yes mistress.

It's voting time! Dayyaladina asked for your counsel and counsel her you shall!
We have three options in front of us once we go to the village to get supplies and get the various quests:

A: Go deeper into the current dungeon! The enemies are getting stronger but still manageable at the moment.
B: Do the Crazed druid quest. Hopefully this time we will be able to explore the other levels.
C: Do the lost puppy quest. Now that I know Not To Kick The Hive (assuming it will even be here) we should be able to handle it.

Dayyālu 's vote counts double as it's his character, everyone else's vote counts for one.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
For anyone interested, the worst bit about poison in this game is that it stacks for much greater effect.
Yeah, that's pretty much what did me in. Trollbaud looked fine albeit a little wounded until I double back into the hive room. I believe that having kicked the hive increased the spawn rate of the bees, and suddenly that poison started stacking out of control and then...

Incidentally, how do you just wait a turn without moving?

Trollbaud was too pretty for this world
That he was, bröther, that he was :salute:
"stone block hits your head"
That...did happen to my tutorial character actually (well, he didn't die but it sure hurt). I have since learned to Open Doors Diagonally if possible.

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Incidentally, how do you just wait a turn without moving?
'5' on the numpad is for walking in place. Another trick is to use continuous movement ('w' followed by direction key) which makes the character move in in that direction until something important happens.
(say, a monster appears or you see a door). This speeds up corridor movement a lot, and is a tad safer than just mashing the button, which can sometimes result in a happy accident.
You can use it together with "walk in place" (w5) to pass time and rest, or with search (ws) to make sure you absolutely searched fucking everything.

As for the voting, we need to go deeper, mistress.

shywn

Savant
What is this 'UCa' dungeon you're in? I have not heard of it. Something new to the game? Anyway, my vote goes to the puppy cave, I guess. (I usually start in the SMC though. Northwest of Terinyo.)

I completely expected your troll to die of starvation, not something as puny as poison.

and put two into Two-Handed Weapon Fighting (it wasn't actually that high).

You might want to re-read the name of that skill.

Also, since you do drawings, here's an artist's conception of a drakeling for reference... looks like something straight out of a JRPG tbh. I always imagined them to be something like H.R. Giger's alien except with (red) dragon scales and without that comically long head.

Their default names in-game are Srizz (male) and Ssiss (female) IIRC so I would think they have a thing for the 's' sound too. So I christen my character to be Ssshywn.

Andnjord

Arcane
What is this 'UCa' dungeon you're in? I have not heard of it. Something new to the game? Anyway, my vote goes to the puppy cave, I guess. (I usually start in the SMC though. Northwest of Terinyo.)
So that's what those acronyms are for, they're for the names of the dungeons, got it. UCa is Underground Cavern I believe. I guess it's a recent addition?
You might want to re-read the name of that skill.
Wait, what?...oh....oh....Nobody tell the mistress, or she might get angry with me. :negative:
Or maybe do tell her! :bounce:
Calling what I do 'drawing' is a little bit of a stretch, I find a picture through google and slap people's avatar on top of it with my primitive Paint 3D skills. But thanks for the arts, I'll make sure to use it well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom