Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Discover The Fate Of Atlantis ! (Completed)

marooned

Liturgist
yeah.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

So where shall we head to, now ? There isn't any point of going back to NY and Costa in Azores wants to trade his info for some kind of Artifact... Something tells me we should head back to Iceland.

scummvm01221.png

Think big, like the Americans.

Damn !

scummvm01223.png

Working by yourself in a freezing Icelandic cave, isn't such a good idea after all.

scummvm01224.png

Sophia00.png
Poor Heimdall...

Indy01.png
A little TOO dedicated to his work, I guess.

Heimdall's ideas weren't that hot, it seems. What now ?

scummvm01230.png

scummvm01231.png

Hmmm. We must find a way to remove it from the ice. How about using the Orichalcum bead on the exposed ell head ?

scummvm01234.png

scummvm01236.png

scummvm01237.png

scummvm01240.png

Ingenious ! Let's secure our archaeological find.

scummvm01245.png

What a remarkable artifact ! This little thing here could change the history of the world as we know it ! A truly priceless relic of outstanding craftsmanship !

Let's trade it for questionable info.

scummvm01251.png

scummvm01255.png

Costa1.png
You again ? What do you want ?

Indy01.png
Let's talk about a trade.

Costa1.png
Okay. Whatcha got ?

Bah, why should we give this demented old fool the Atlantean artifact ? Let's try to sell him something else...

scummvm01261.png

Costa1.png
That magazine rejects all my articles ! You keep it ! Got anything else ?

Indy02.png
I'm offering this genuine American-made bullwhip.

Costa1.png
Not a chance ! What good is a whip in this day and age ?

You'd be surprised... or would you ?

Costa1.png
Got anything else ?

Bugger. Nothing else to offer than the eel artifact. Eh, who cares, I'm sure it was nothing more than an atlantean foot-warmer, or something.

scummvm01270.png

Costa1.png
Now THAT looks interesting. You've got a DEAL, mister !

finally.

Costa1.png
Now listen carefully. I don't know exactly where to find it, but I've heard that the Lost Dialogue of Plato may be in the SPRAGUE COLLECTION. Got that ?

Indy01.png
Yes, the Sprague collection...

Costa1.png
Good, Nice doing business with you.

scummvm01283.png

scummvm01284.png

At last lady luck smiled on us !

:cutscene clusterfuck:
scummvm01285.png

:English German accent overdose:

Ok, maybe I was too quick to speak about luck.

scummvm01288.png

scummvm01289.png

scummvm01290.png

Klaus.png
See what Herr Jones has kindly provided !

Ubermann.png
What on earth ?

scummvm01293.png

Ubermann.png
You fool ! You've come back to show me this... this... this prehistoric knick-knack !?

Klaus.png
Herr Doctor I believe this knick-knack, as you call it, comes from the Lost City.

Ubermann.png
Then we have failed ! I see no evidence here of the magical metal Plato called ORICHALCUM.

Klaus.png
Look here ! Concealed in the base is this small shiny bead...

scummvm01305.png

Ubermann.png
Exactly as Plato described !

Klaus.png
It's my guess we've found the treasure we seek.

Ubermann.png
I never guess. We must TEST !

scummvm01311.png

Uh-oh.

scummvm01314.png

scummvm01318.png

scummvm01321.png

scummvm01323.png

Ubermann.png
The energy of URANIUM, without ANY radioactivity ! And those smug American scientists know nothing !

Klaus.png
That gives me an Idea !

scummvm01327.png

Kerner and his crazy ideas... Hey the statue started moving like crazy !

scummvm01331.png

scummvm01334.png

THE POWER OF REMOTE CONTROLLED MINI CARS !

scummvm01338.png

scummvm01340.png

Ok, that's a tad more powerful than that...

scummvm01342.png

Klaus.png
Think of TRUCKS powered by those beads.

Not a bad idea, but you could do better, Herr Kerner...

Klaus.png
Think of TANKS !

Hmm, that's better, but you're not quite there.

Klaus.png
Think of AIRPLANES !

Getting closer, but... no.

Ubermann.png
Use your imagination, Kerner !

scummvm01347.png

scummvm01348.png

Ah, those Americans and their big ideas...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, at least the text is real English without any "ze" and stuff. The voices are surprisingly good, actually.

Donaroriak

Augur
Project: Eternity
Cassidy said:
ghostdog said:
:English German accent overdose:

Nothing can be worse than ze Germans in Prisoner of Ice.
Prisoner of Ice probably carries a voodo voiceover curse... the Italian version had some of the worst voice acting I ever experienced... it's as if the Italian distributor took two store clerks and told them to read the script aloud (not to mention the horrible literal translation).

spekkio

Arcane
It's interesting how the creators were able to keep the "Indy feel" of the movies in this game, without current cutting-edge 3d graphics and shit.

Fast-forward 18 years and developers aren't able to create scary horror or not-boring FPS...

:roll:

Also: moar!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
spekkio said:
It's interesting how the creators were able to keep the "Indy feel" of the movies in this game, without current cutting-edge 3d graphics and shit.

It's one of those times where the 2D graphics and genre helped a lot. The same guys made Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine and from what I hear (never played it) it was a very disappointing game.

lightbane

Arcane
I like how cartoony these nazis are, despite the lack of "villain cackle" (and they don't seem to give a shit about what happens with the rampaging statue).

PS: Oh, Prisoner of Ice, fun stuff, a shame that it was abandoned by a certain someone, like it happened with BloodNet...

spekkio

Arcane
Yeah, abandoning LPs is for fags.
But putting them on hold is quite gay too...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

While some people are thinking big, our heroes return to Barnett College to Search for the Sprague Collection, the collection that is supposed to contain the Lost Dialogue Of Plato. Basically we'll pillage through the College's collection and take whichever priceless artifact we feel like to.

Forked Paths To Atlantis.

v66s5s.jpg

30ww307.jpg
Plato's Lost Dialogue should be here somewhere.

2ufu936.jpg
Need some help ?

4t96bc.jpg
Yes, please, it's scary in here.

33bo7l3.jpg
Save the sarcasm, Jones. I'll meet you in your office.

Now the interesting thing about searching for The Lost Dialogue in Barnett college, is that there are three different collections that could contain it: The Dunlop, the Pearce and the Sprague collection and in each gameplay it's decided by chance which one of the three will have the Dialogue. Each collection has it's own puzzles for obtaining the Dialogue so it can be bit confusing while searching for it.

Ok, let's have a look at the bulleting board :

2gummfd.jpg

Probably he's at Merilyn Monroe's bosom. Nothing much of interest here, Let's head to the basement. We find a greasy old towel, awesome !

2vvm5vo.jpg

...And a well-shaped piece of coal. You can't have enough pieces of coal, let me tell you that.

26273pv.jpg

Now, if we try to climb the coal chute we'll see that it's too slippery to walk.

15tvy8.jpg

Nothing more for us in the basement, so let's climb up to the first floor. The fallen bookcase would have been the one to contain the Lost Dialogue, if it was the Dunlop collection we were after.

1z6gr8.jpg

I'm going to show you how to get Plato's Dialog if it was in the other two collections. As far as the Dunlop collection is concerned there are two ways we could have gotten the Lost Dialogue. But for starters let's have a look at that school desk.

2sb1yzc.jpg

30ww307.jpg
...Complete with a wad of gum, I'll bet.

Gum huh ? An invaluable thing to have, let's pick it up.

2e6ggnb.jpg

Now, didn't we have a problem with a slippery coal chute ? McGyver has shown that gum has many uses, indeed.

2ivkzky.jpg

30ww307.jpg
What do you know, the gum works !

Ah, we're back at this lovely room. Hey, one of the cats looks somewhat different.

2s0lov6.jpg

30ww307.jpg
Hmm, it looks odd... It's made out of WAX.

AHA ! Let's grab it ! Now, the hole on the ceiling is where that bookcase has fallen down, remember ? So, if the Dialogue was hidden in the Dunlop collection, it would be that book we see on the edge...

3325e9l.jpg

I knew that piece of coal would come in handy, let's throw it at the book !

2w4y4y1.jpg

30ww307.jpg
The lump of coal broke into a billion useless pieces...

You know I'm not doing this just for fun, we're gaining IQ points here ! Ok, let's head back to the basement. If the Dialogue was in the Pearce collection then it would be hidden inside that wax cat. So, we'll need to find a way yo melt the wax...

10qwcue.jpg

2liajqg.jpg

Of course this time it just melted, without revealing anything. Back to the first floor we go. There is a second way of obtaining the Dialogue if it's hidden in the Dunlop collection, and that's by unscrewing the back of the bookcase.

2a7a7ls.jpg

4t96bc.jpg
Early twentieth century, I believe :smug:

Hmph, spare us the dry humor, Jones, and let's find a way to remove the screws. Why don't we head up to the second floor ?

2dc7k0y.jpg

Among the assorted junk we find an arrowhead

2dtwx20.jpg

30ww307.jpg
It's from the Shawmut collection, very sharp.

Maybe that's exactly what we need ! Let's climb back down and use it on the screws...

35iars1.jpg

30ww307.jpg
The screw came out, but that hurt ! I'll need to find a way to protect my hands.

Awww, little Indy hurt his finger... Ok, maybe the dirty rag will solve this problem.

vzdh0k.jpg

YAY. Now we can remove all the screws and open the back to FIND :

14n3exg.jpg

Hey, don't look at me like that ! We're gathering IQ points by the dozens here. But you're right, it's time to search for Sprague collection, but before that let's head back to our office and see how Sophia is doing.

etxyth.jpg

33bo7l3.jpg
Go find Plato's Lost Dialogue !

She sure can offer motivation. Well, since we're here, let's have a look around.

4t5zlt.jpg

So, Indy likes to take souvenirs. The only thing of importance seems to be that little ice box...

o10do4.jpg

4t96bc.jpg
I guess I should have cleaned it out.

2ufu936.jpg
Ick ! What's that ?

30ww307.jpg
I think it's mayonnaise, but it looks more like used motor oil.

A jar of mayonnaise always comes in handy. Let's pick it up and go back to that second floor. There's a totem pole here...

30ww307.jpg
It looks more like a movie prop to me.

...and a big crate.

ri9fgx.jpg

If we push the crate we'll find an old dusty chest behind it. But it's not just ANY old chest...

28kq008.jpg

AT LAST ! Let's see what's inside.

30ww307.jpg
It's locked.

Yep, I saw that coming. The thing is that we've found anything there is to be found in this room and the rooms below. The only room we haven't searched yet is the attic, but how will we head up there ? Hey, maybe we could use the totem pole to climb up. Let's try to move it under the hole...

2a5ew3l.jpg

CRAP !
Wait, don't we have a jar of mayonnaise that has evolved into motor oil ? Damn right we have.

2vs277t.jpg

Too bad we used all of it, I'm sure we could find other uses for this natural lubricant...

2ntjtaw.jpg

And now we're back where we started, among fake statues of Masai warriors and stone carvings of Shiva. And this funeral urn. Hmmmm.

24688xh.jpg

REALLY ? Let's open it.

2rx6te9.jpg

But further investigation reveals...

30ww307.jpg
Feels like there's something loose in here...

2l898r6.jpg

FUCK YEAH. when you find a key --ANY KEY-- you just know things are going to get better ! And we sure have a lock for it to fit.

ny62kw.jpg

30ww307.jpg
There's a manuscript inside...

ranfox.jpg

FINALLY ! PRAISE THE LORD !!
9baq35.jpg

...AND PLATO
345h9mv.jpg

Let's see what this is all about.

33mwimg.jpg

Hmm... So, this is a dubious translation of a book whose authenticity can't be proven. Nevertheless, it's all we have right now.

2wpte7o.jpg

Socrates is the voice of reason here.

oa42rq.jpg

Sunstones, Moonstones, Worldstones... Since Sternhart seemed to think he found one, this might be valid after all.

1fwy1k.jpg

Hey, our pal Nur-Ab-Sal is mentioned... and Socrates is again the voice of logic.

iel7o6.jpg

An Interesting read indeed. Let's see if we've gotten any smarter...

23i86yd.jpg

SMOKIN' ! Time to head back to Sophia.

ea2mte.jpg

2ufu936.jpg
Really ?

30ww307.jpg
Our jungle friend Sternhart is quite the scholar.

2ufu936.jpg
Let me see ! Mmmmm....

9jojnd.jpg

e5r5om.jpg

2ufu936.jpg
What are you talking about ?

30ww307.jpg
Didn't you notice Plato's tenfold numbering error ?

33bo7l3.jpg
It's much too vague... Our only hope is supernatural inspiration.

4t96bc.jpg
You mean your old pal, Nur-Ab-Sal.

33bo7l3.jpg
If I can make contact, Yes.

2my1ct5.jpg

30ww307.jpg
Plato's error means distances could ALSO be wrong.

2ufu936.jpg
So what if they are ?

30ww307.jpg
If Plato is right, Atlantis is in the MEDITERRANEAN.

2ufu936.jpg
You mean-- 300 miles from Greece instead of 3000.

30ww307.jpg
Yes! The cradle of civilization.

2ufu936.jpg
You could be right. He once told me he came from the middle of the world. That's what "Mediterranean" means !

4t96bc.jpg
Enough with your fantasies. I'm talking facts.

33bo7l3.jpg
Wait! Quiet !

34fz8z4.jpg

2n7jyn4.jpg

2ufu936.jpg
Will you just shut up and listen to me ? Among the artifacts that Kerner stole, was a small STONE DISK with a HOLE in it. I'm sure it was one of the THREE STONES mentioned in Plato's book.

30ww307.jpg
Where did you find it ?

2ufu936.jpg
I didn't find it. I bought it from Trottier in MONTE CARLO.

30ww307.jpg
Haven't we talked to enough of these nut cases ?

2ufu936.jpg
...or was it Omar Al-Jabbar in ALGIERS ? Either way, Algiers or Monte Carlo, this much I DO know-- We'll need ALL THREE stones if we want to find Atlantis.

30ww307.jpg
Alright, I'm ready to go.

33bo7l3.jpg
Not so fast...

iz0qck.jpg

Wait, what ?

33bo7l3.jpg
Look into my eyes...

30ww307.jpg
:Gulp:

33bo7l3.jpg
DEEP into my eyes...

She's trying to hypnotize Indy and make him her sex slave !

2eefqc6.jpg

2ufu936.jpg
I'm not going to hurt you ! Now Hold Still.

wtdhmt.jpg

That we are. She sure knows her psychic act.

33bo7l3.jpg
You possess great strength of character, you are resourceful... you trust others and want them to trust you.

2ufu936.jpg
The most promising path to Atlantis therefore, is the one we both must take, together, as a team.

She makes her "Psychic read" according to the way we decided to deal with Biff, but we can still choose whichever path we want.

23tzjq.jpg

What will it be ? It's up to you, CODEX !

2iq53r.jpg

So, shall we follow...

• 4t96bc.jpg
    2ufu936.jpg
    THE TEAM PATH ? Where we'll team up with Sophia and try together to resolve the various situations we'll face along the way ?
  • iliuso.jpg
    THE FISTS PATH ? Where Indy will set out alone, smacking heads and taking names ?
  • 30ww307.jpg
    Or THE WITS PATH, where Indy will continue this quest alone, using mostly his brain and resourcefulness ?

C&C, baby !

I'm awaiting your votes.

Erebus

Arcane
I haven't found Sophia to be very interesting so far, so I'm voting for the Wits Path.

bandaid

Educated
Wits. Don't need no troublemakers.

Also, hello from longtime lurker.

Donaroriak

Augur
Project: Eternity
a-team.jpg

Edit: clearly, orichalcum-pendant-wearing Mr.T was a subconscious hint that we must go with the (A-)Team path!

Silellak

Cipher
If there was some way to actually involve the A-Team, that would be my vote.

Since they aren't, and Sophia is boring and annoying, I'll go with:

30ww307.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Teamwork, we probably will need to user her "charms".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom