Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

20 Eyes

Liturgist
I'm willing to put my virtual life on the line to stop these aquatic xeno-fucks. I'd like to be a grenadier because I'm actually pretty beast with an M-203, but any position is fine with me (wink).

Side note - I really appreciate the slight graphics upgrade in TFTD, does this make me a graphics whore? I especially like how the new ships look.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
RK47 ready to take on foreign invasion, Sir!

Why are you assigning them roles?
Black Bart Charley (S)
Oh, nvm, keep doing it. :o

Lets hope something extreme and unexpected happens. Else its gonna be a low death lp. Who would want that?

korenzel

Educated
I give out roles mostly to know how to equip troops at the start of missions, and also to know who is more or less expendable. I send unnamed soldiers first in danger, but for next update it's a 100% codex team. Don't worry, there will be deaths.

Sneak peek from the next update : can you spot what is horribly wrong in the picture below ? Multiple answers possible.

3XZ7Dl.jpg

On another note, is this image size more comfortable ? If it suits everyone I'll go back and replace the first two updates with larger pics.

korenzel

Educated
Shooting deserters in the back ? You'll fit right in.

Gondolin, you have keen eyes. I have trouble seeing the grenade even though I know where to look. I wish I could give you some kind of reward, but... well you'll find out your fate real soon.

Also, if you died don't be afraid to make more soldiers. As things are going I will need many more recruits.

------------

UPDATE 2 : Friday Night

Let's start by looking at some codexer profiles, shall we?

1uHW7l.jpg

UejdRl.jpg

M1zGUl.jpg

TT1zLl.jpg

QAFiZl.jpg

L2ygPl.jpg

YoZxQl.jpg

Kq88Il.jpg

Y0sqJl.jpg

KqbSIl.jpg

Alright, enough of that, we have a planet to save.

IBNnml.jpg

We begin by replacing our lost soldier and order some ammo.

rxzvOl.jpg

Alien activity is high in Antarctic.

AFdbJl.jpg

I build a new base in south pacific near the south pole since it's cheaper, but can't afford the sonar just yet. Probably next mission.

fBugGl.jpg

The Triton spots a small sub near latin america while on patrol.

Jyiv3l.jpg

Barracudas chases and shoots but can't down the sub. It escapes yet again.

O9xA6l.jpg

And touches down. The Triton boosts its engine to make it there before night falls.

ECYfWl.jpg

Almost there, but it's already quite dark...

V2j1Vl.jpg

Right, let's do this!

66MHzl.jpg

It's dark, we're doomed. Hopefully we landed in a corner. After the usual round of dropping stuff, it's time to light up the place.

LfPMql.jpg

Black Bart Charley throws a flare, and receives a sonic blast as answer.
RIP Black Bart Charley :salute:, you were off to a promising start.

IukkUl.jpg

There's the culprit.

OSNvIl.jpg

Warcupine is ready to demonstrate swift justice. As per his training, he kneels, and triggers more reaction fire in the process. Zomg who was standing behind him takes the shot. He doesn't survive.
RIP Zomg :salute:.

vG5Ofl.jpg

Warcupine demonstrates that his shooting training was not all wasted. He scores an aimed shot, and the gilman blows up.

9GALBl.jpg

The sub is spotted very close to the east.

a32F6l.jpg

Proximity mines, what else is there to say?

jjQtVl.jpg

A gilman is spotted to the south by Black. The difficult terrain makes the alien miss. We won't get a second chance, he needs to go down now!

ENZSYl.jpg

This gilman took 5 rockets and 1 phosphorous round, yet is still alive. Notice how the whole area around him is blown up but he's perfectly fine.

jQZMMl.jpg

Gondolin finishes him off, with a well-aimed long range shot despite his sub par shooting skills.

1KEiul.jpg

Alien turn. More proximity mines are lurking in the shadows, can you spot them?

P8USml.jpg

Gilmen can't.

AdDbsl.jpg

Black throws a mine in the entry corridor. A good call, as it blows up multiple aliens the following turn.

Vjcjsl.jpg

Roxoroski lights up the way, no aliens in sight and they gave up on going out. It's time to storm the sub. Azira, Black and Overweight Manatee form up and get ready with grenades.

rLLGbl.jpg

Alien turn, a door opens, an ominous throwing sound is heard.

3XZ7Dl.jpg

Look, what is that below Black's feet ? That's a primed alien pulser, that's what it is. The first strike team is wiped out.
RIP Azira :salute:, Black :salute: and Overweight Manatee :salute:, your sacrifices won't be in vain.

7pKCWl.jpg

Luscious lays down support fire, and kills a hidden gilman, probably the one who threw the grenade. Still, he blows up 300k worth of equipment. Unfortunate, but we've already lost a good number of soldiers, I don't want to take risks.

GReUNl.jpg

Gondolin spot another alien. Luscious fires more rockets, but the indirect damage is too low to bring it down.

u5D03l.jpg

Rabidredneck takes position for some fine sniping, aims and shoots Gondolin in the back. In retrospect I should have moved Gondolin away and not tried his luck with rockets, he could only move away two squares after that.
RIP Gondolin :salute:, you know who to haunt for the rest of his life.

jU6Bgl.jpg

Yeesh gets ready to enter the sub, and makes it inside. He opens the east door and his life ends with sonic fire. His primed grenade damages the attacker but does not kill him.
RIP Yeesh :salute:, you hardly had time to shine.

ftelDl.jpg

The grenade blew up the door, and Edward R Murrow gets shot one turn afterward.
RIP Edward R Murrow :salute:, you were an excellent grenadier.

ZzjbBl.jpg

chzr, Roxorowski and Luscious Pear charge the sub, and spot an alien cowering in a corner. Time for payback.

BbV7Ul.jpg

Roxorowski takes a few steps back, then Luscious Pear opens the door and runs away. Roxorowski shoots at the opposite door, and kills the gilman with indirect fire.

W4M9bl.jpg

The alien containment isn't built yet, so an uncounscious gilman dies. No big loss.

pftejl.jpg

Overall, it could have gone better. We lost a lot of men, but earned some valuable loot.

PzUeal.jpg

Promotions for the gutsy snipers brave enough to storm the sub. Well deserved if you ask me.

Not pictured : Warcupine panicking every single turn. He must be afraid of the dark.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Shit. I didn't die, but the casualty rate is scary.

Gondolin

Arcane
Gondolin finishes him off, with a well-aimed long range shot despite his sub par shooting skills.

:yeah:

Rabidredneck takes position for some fine sniping, aims and shoots Gondolin in the back.

Well, at least I took one of them fuckers with me. Sign me up for another tour of duty as MacGond or O'Gond. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom