Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Let's go space truckin' on Titan Outpost

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
:greatjob: <<Disconnect.>>

:troll:

:lol:
I ran a simulation that ran out of bounds. The stack overflowed into my speech registers

Computer scientists will confirm that a stack overflow often causes calculations to magically complete.

Personally, I'd be worried that a simulation run by an IA can a) run out bound b) infect other processes

And yeah, tell Karen, I can't stand space hippies either

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We regret to inform you that all hippie-killing measures have been postponed until the relevant hippie-killing procedures can be consulted. We thank you for your patience.

LOG 8: GIMME DEM DOLLA BILLS

You know, something occurred to me: Karl never actually said that he was the one who detached the parachute from the lander module. When we asked Val about it, she claimed to have no knowledge of it, and that she nearly died as well. I figured when we found the evidence in William's wallet that we had solved the mystery of who tampered with the lander, but maybe it's actually not so cut and dry after all.

In fact, maybe confronting Karen about this isn't actually a waste of time after all, especially considering what we're about to tell her about space hippies and whatnot. Who knows, Karl might not be the only double agent on board Kronos...

bitchlqjuz.png
Hello commander.
:greatjob: The command to release the parachute early was given from Kronos station. I know it wasn't Karl.
bitchlqjuz.png
<<The feed goes silent. You see a text message: "Can you hear me? I can't hear you. It wasn't me either. I know Karl is sabotaging the mission, but he would never kill Val. Maybe we've been hacked.">>

Gee, you think? Nice of them not to cut off our SMS, though.

:greatjob: [Type] I don't have sound either. What's wrong? Even if you have been hacked, why would anyone try to kill us?
bitchlqjuz.png
<<The feed is still silent. You see a text message: "I don't know. The Chinese?">>

trump2osku4.jpg

:greatjob: [Type] No, what reason would they have? Do you think whoever it is muted our feed?
bitchlqjuz.png
<<The feed is still silent. You see a text message: "Your guess is as good as mine. I'll check everything here. I guess you should continue the investigation down there, although I fear we may have reached a dead end.">>
:greatjob: I hope not. Oh, sorry. [Type] I hope not.
bitchlqjuz.png
Wait. I can hear you. I'll run a full diagnostic on my communications. Let's get to work.
:greatjob: Very well. I'll contact you later to see if you learn anything new.

Karen's all right really.

Hopefully she can be of more help against the space hippies than against l33t space hackers.

:greatjob: Can we speak in private?
bitchlqjuz.png
We are speaking in private. Karl wouldn't dare to eavesdrop on my communications.
:greatjob: Val is alive.
bitchlqjuz.png
Jokes like that are in poor taste. What? Are you serious?
:greatjob: Yes. And Karl is in on it.
bitchlqjuz.png
That's a serious accusation. Do you have proof?
:greatjob: Plenty. But do you really need it?
bitchlqjuz.png
I guess not. It's just the two of us here, so a confrontation would endanger us both. I'll pretend I haven't heard this until I get new orders from IASA headquarters. I'll keep a close eye on his activities in the meantime and revoke some of his security privileges.
:greatjob: That's the smart thing to do. What about Val?
bitchlqjuz.png
You could use all the help you can get down there. If you can get her to fall in line, keep her around. She'll answer for her crimes later.

If I could get her inside the outpost this wouldn't even be an issue in the first place, lady.

:greatjob: She has a killswitch for my suit. She told me you do, too.
bitchlqjuz.png
What are you talking about?
:greatjob: There's a subroutine in the T1 suit software that opens all valves and clamps via a backdoor command. She says it was put there by IASA developers.
bitchlqjuz.png
That's insane.
:greatjob: Is it? The code is there. I've seen it. It's in the original firmware.

So essentially, if you don't fall in line you can be cancelled immediately by suit admins. This is like that thing Cleve was talking about, probably.

bitchlqjuz.png
I don't know anything about this. I'll look into it.
:greatjob: Good. If you find anything, let me know how to disable it.
bitchlqjuz.png
I will. We'll be in touch, commander.
:greatjob: Bye, Karen.

Yeah, that's all we can do with our hippie problem at this stage. The ball is in Karen's court for now, hopefully she can find something.

In the meantime, there are several other things that demand our attention, chief among which is the Hesiod, which is currently in orbit pending the go-ahead for the return trip. While it's around, we can talk to it.

titanoutpost2020-12-0l2ke3.png

titanoutpost2020-12-0dfkot.png

Phil is Australian, if you couldn't tell. He also has the wickedest mutton chops this side of... well, us. That's probably why we're friends in the first place.

:greatjob: Good to see you too, Phil. Please tell me you're sending down my new partner.
philtdjqx.png
No. It must stink being down there, drinking with the flies. Hell, not even flies I reckon. Sorry about that, mate. We're trying to come up with something, but we don't have any more crew-capable landers on board.

Knowing what we do about the real reason for us being down here, that's not surprising.

:greatjob: What are you here for, then?
philtdjqx.png
Yeah, nah. That's classified. Can't say.

:greatjob: Come on, you can tell me.
philtdjqx.png
[Charisma] All right. We're here as a contingency plan. Help you out if you're in trouble.

Once again, dump stats come though.

:greatjob: That's reassuring.
philtdjqx.png
Yeah, so, what do you need?

:greatjob: Did you bring anything I can use?
philtdjqx.png
Sure did. I've got a budget for consignment and exactly one drop pod limited by weight. But half a loaf is better than none, eh?

:greatjob: Let's see it.

titanoutpost2020-12-04skb2.png

We get to order some supplies, and it's all on IASA's tab. Unfortunately Phil doesn't have many polymers, which is what we need the most right now.

titanoutpost2020-12-0mwk40.png

We get a bit of everything, why not.

That's about all we get from Phil. Not much, but more construction materials are always welcome, especially when they're free.

I suppose I should explain how construction works, as well as what's being built right now. Among the resources we need to manage are minerals and polymers. Both materials are needed to craft things, with larger projects being more expensive in terms of materials, in addition to taking longer to finish. Building stuff tends to cost more polymers than minerals, but to balance things out minerals are rarer than polymers and can only be found by exploring, excavating or trading, unlike polymers, which can be produced by outpost facilities on a regular basis. That's why Phil is laughing at us for wanting to buy polymers. However, since we currently don't have any facilities for producing them, it's a necessary short-term fix until we get those up and running.

As for how to do that, it was unlocked by the completion of the base elevator, which happened while we were out roving and meeting Chinese people. With the elevator up and running, another tab on the construction station screen has opened up:

titanoutpost2020-12-0lokn0.png

We've got a basement now. If you've played the original X-Com this will look familiar. There aren't really any interesting things we can build quite yet, though: hydroponics is boring and unnecessary, and we don't need a living area or a dormitory, since we have the sunny disposition trait which eliminates morale concerns, and we also don't have any companions. What we do need is a steady supply of polymers, so the first order of business is to build some polymer crackers, which will generate a few polymers per day as long as they're powered up:

titanoutpost2020-12-0d0kf9.png

With that taken care of, there's one more thing we have to do: check our mail. While we were out, we received this mysterious message:

titanoutpost2020-12-0eakjn.png

titanoutpost2020-12-0nhk7i.png

A new communications channel appears:

titanoutpost2020-12-0gxj7c.png

What's all this about, then.

titanoutpost2020-12-08hklm.png

Excuse me sir, but are you aware that your suit is made out of plasticine?

:greatjob: Van Hoorn Logistics?
vanhoorncjkjj.png
We provide the best supply chain solutions in the solar system, but, at heart, we are still a family company. Our unique concept is based on what our customers want: the best quality, proven designs, short delivery times, low maintenance and excellent value.

:greatjob: Go on.

As you can probably tell, van Hoorn is a smooth talker, and getting to his reason for contacting us involves sitting through a fair chunk of non-litigable diplomatic waffle. Instead of making you read all of it, a helpful TL;DR has been provided for your convenience:

TL;DR said:
vanhoorncjkjj.png
Hello, we are quality business providing quality services for our quality consoomers.

:greatjob: What?
vanhoorncjkjj.png
Wanna embezzle?

:greatjob: Sure.

What Mr van Hoorn is proposing is that we divert a small percentage of every methane shipment off the books for some extra cash. Naturally, we accept.

titanoutpost2020-12-0bzkp8.png

:greatjob: How can I do that? The space elevator automatically pumps everything up until the freighter is at capacity.
vanhoorncjkjj.png
We provide the finest supply chain solutions in the solar system, but, at heart, we are still a family company. Our unique concept is based on what our customers want: the best quality, proven designs, short delivery times, low maintenance and excellent value.

:greatjob: ... Again with the sales pitch?
vanhoorncjkjj.png
Sorry, we were being eavesdropped. I managed to reseed our encryption, but this channel won't be secure for long. I'll make it quick: The freighters are ours, so filling them to capacity is not the problem. Bookkeeping is. Every drop you send up is registered and transmitted to Mission Control. You need to circumvent that system. How you do that is up to you, as long as you keep it on the down-low. We'll start with 10 tons.

:greatjob: Very well. I'll do it.
vanhoorncjkjj.png
Pleasure doing business with you.

:greatjob: Likewise. Saturn VI out. <<Disconnect.>>

All righty, we got ourselves some unlegal business going. As it turns out, tampering with the books is almost too easy. We have several options as to how to go about it: firstly, we can rig the space elevator itself:

titanoutpost2020-12-0ldjza.png

However, with our lousy Construction skill, I don't want to risk it.

The second option is on the face of it a lot less likely to yield success, primarily because of who we have to talk to in order to make it happen:

:greatjob: Karen, I need to keep some methane coming up from the elevator off the books.
bitchlqjuz.png
Are you serious? Why?

Yeah, considering Karen's general disposition towards rule-breaking, you wouldn't think asking her to help us embezzle the IASA would be a good idea. But whatever, what's the worst that could happen?

:greatjob: I've made an arrangement with a contractor.
bitchlqjuz.png
What good will that do? The freighters are automated and filled to capacity on arrival. Unless you have some means of tampering with the freighters, it won't change anything.
:greatjob: Don't worry about that. Will you do it?
bitchlqjuz.png
No. You'd better come up with a real good reason not to report this attempt at embezzlement.

That went about as well as could be expected. Fortunately, we do have a real good reason.

titanoutpost2020-12-0cqjlu.png

In fact, we have 5250 real good reasons. :takemymoney:

titanoutpost2020-12-0lek0g.png

You want to know what's the absolute worst thing about this game so far? This screen right here. Karen's sway meter won't even budge unless we give her at least 100 or so spacebucks, and to actually get her to accept our deal we'll have to give her something in the vicinity of 800. And here's the kicker: It's only possible to increase the counter by 1 at a time.

One nascent carpal tunnel syndrome later...

titanoutpost2020-12-07mjsh.png

:greatjob: [Press the issue.]
bitchlqjuz.png
Alright. I'll adjust the numbers just this once. Keep in mind I'll expect an explanation at some point.

titanoutpost2020-12-0d1kuc.png

:greatjob: 10 tons.
bitchlqjuz.png
Very well. I hope you know what you're doing.
:greatjob: Thank you, Karen.

This may actually not have been such a good idea. As it is, we don't even know if we're making a profit on this gambit, not to mention that Karen has got serious dirt on us now.

(As it happens, we can be completely sure about the profit bit, because the game failed to take our bribe money. It could be just another bug, but I prefer to think we just told Karen the money was on its way and she took our word for it.)

Anyway, that's that taken care of as well, which fulfils all of our immediate tasks.

titanoutpost2020-12-080jx1.png

Down in the basement, our polymer crackers are coming along nicely. We'll soon have enough materials on hand to expand our methane pumping operation with more drones.

At this point there's nothing much to do but wait for something to happen. In lieu of simply staying put and skipping ahead, however, we decide to go exploring.

This involves getting in the rover and driving off in a random direction. I'm sure it will be successful.

...And would you believe it, after a day or so of aimless driving:

titanoutpost2020-12-00ijl8.png

titanoutpost2020-12-0vtkoc.png

trump34dkfi.jpg

Let's check it out.

titanoutpost2020-12-0c1jqm.png

titanoutpost2020-12-0qbkjz.png

Searching yields some spare parts, but the real prize is bound to be the contents of the trailer.

titanoutpost2020-12-0d4jrl.png

titanoutpost2020-12-0r0jvn.png

Unfortunately it appears to be locked, and we don't know the code. In fact, we don't even know what the buttons do. Pressing them does nothing but bring up an error message in Chinese on the control panel, and we don't speak Chinese. We can't hack it either, nor can we force it open.

This is a bit of an anti-climax, but that's all we seem to be able to do with the rover for now. We'll be back, though. For now, we head back to the outpost and lay low.

Next time on Titan Outpost: More exploration! More R&D! Germans!

Stay tuned.

Why did you use a lander if you have a space elevator? Is it inactive or just unable to carry humans?
As it turns out, the space elevator appears to be more of a pump than an actual method for transporting cargo, so that's that mystery solved.

It is a bit odd in some ways, when you consider how pretty much the only obstacle we're currently facing to building a space elevator in 2020 is that we don't have a material that's strong enough not to snap under the tension. In the year 2077 they've evidently surmounted this obstacle, and Titan's gravity is only about one tenth that of Earth anyway. It seems like if they could build a space elevator strong enough to pump liquids through it, sending some stuff up and down the sides of it should be a relatively minor issue in comparison, and should also be much more cost-effective than repeated probe launches and entries at the clip this operation is demanding.
But hey, I'm no engineer. Who knows, really.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It seems like if they could build a space elevator strong enough to pump liquids through it, sending some stuff up and down the sides of it should be a relatively minor issue in comparison, and should also be much more cost-effective than repeated probe launches and entries at the clip this operation is demanding.

I'd say it was just easier to justify a few in-games elements this way, like how you're being left alone on the moon.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
ah: beautiful, merciless Titania - i remember her exquisite spell of pain all too well - but, time heals most wounds (penis scarring excepted)

so, where are my fresh extraterrestrial hydrocarbons? my golden machine converting them to ethanol? the confession that going with my build proposal would have gone so much better?

Tengri the eternal orange sky be with you

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the confession that going with my build proposal would have gone so much better?
NOPE

LOG 9: WISSENSCHAFT MACHT FREI
Welcome back to Titan Outpost, where we rejoin the action a few weeks after our previous look-in. Last time, we made a deal with Dutch plasticine-suit-sporting Mr House to embezzle methane from the IASA. We accomplished this by bribing Karen, because as rappers everywhere will tell you, you gotta spend money to make money.

After that, nothing's been going on. We still have a homicidal space hippie holed up inside a cave in our front yard who could kill us at any time by activating our suit's kill switch, but that situation's been going on for a long time already and nobody involved seems to care very much.

And indeed, weeks have passed without anything untoward happening. Val has kept on doing whatever she's been doing inside her cave, we've kept building stuff, Karen and Karl have kept getting it on in zero G (probably), and the Chinese have remained a mysterious unseen presence.

As to what it is we've been building, it's these:

titanoutpost2020-12-0d0kf9.png

More polymer crackers. We've now built enough to get a steady supply of polymers per day, and can turn our attention to expanding our methane pumping operation by building more tanks, pumps and drones. Not that we need to yet, as the output from our single station is more than enough to keep up with demand, but better safe than sorry. And besides, there's nothing else to do.

Day 20, approximately.

Why have we stopped the timeskip here? Because we've got mail, is why.

titanoutpost2020-12-02akiw.png

Intredasting.
A new channel appears, as advertised.

titanoutpost2020-12-0qnkvx.png

In the year 2077, is Globohomo finally reaching out to us directly?

Turns out it isn't. It's just some German guy.

titanoutpost2020-12-0i5kc9.png

:greatjob: [Lie] <<Laugh.>>
germanbpke0.png
[Poker Face] It's so refreshing to meet someone with a good sense of humor in your organisation.

The dialogue tag is in reference to a perk, Poker Face, which we picked up earlier, and which gets us out of the composure hit that's normally incurred when laughing at something a German said.

:greatjob: You're orbiting Enceladus? And IASA doesn't know?
germanbpke0.png
Of course they know that. We were just visited by the Hesiod. I suppose you were just left in ignorance. We provide them occasional support and in return they value our privacy. We would very much like to work directly with you.
:greatjob: What do you propose?
germanbpke0.png
I want to build a supercomputer on Titan. But first, let's get to know each other. I've read your profile, but what do you want to know about us?
:greatjob: Who or what is Herschel?
germanbpke0.png
We're not affiliated with IASA or the transatlantic government. Herschel is an independent German company and our headquarters are right outside Kourou spaceport.
:greatjob: German? Don't you mean European?
germanbpke0.png
Technically, Germany doesn't exist anymore, but many people still identify as such. I know I do. I guess Europe has never been the melting pot that the United States was. For language and culture to mix, you really do have to uproot people, you know? My family has lived in Germany for so long that it doesn't matter what government they get to vote for. We'll always be German.

faragew4jly.jpg

In all seriousness, it's good that Titan Outpost's bleak vision of the future is not completely without optimism. At least Germany doesn't exist anymore.

:greatjob: That makes sense.
germanbpke0.png
We are funded by a group of wealthy German citizens who used to dominate the automotive industry. They wanted more of a focus on scientific missions.

Fingers on facepalm buttons, please.

:greatjob: I have no problem with scientific missions being... Kraut funded.
germanbpke0.png
Good joke. I like it.
:greatjob: Thanks. Another question.
germanbpke0.png
Of course.
:greatjob: Why are you wearing glasses? I haven't seen those in ages. Can't you get implants?
germanbpke0.png
Because implants can't keep up with technology. I can change the circuitry in these things every month if I want to. I can't get a new implant every year. I need to be on the cutting edge. Besides, they look geil.

Horst is a swell guy. His vision isn't augmented because he's too much of a Linux user.

:greatjob: To each his own. Can I ask you something else?
germanbpke0.png
Of course.
:greatjob: Just tell me about your proposition.

titanoutpost2020-12-0vcjaj.png

After a bit more back and forth, we learn that Horst wants to install something called a Herschel Nexus on Titan. Horst doesn't tell us what a Herschel Nexus is, but we can probably infer that it's that supercomputer he was talking about. It'll arrive in three days' time, and we'll have to physically activate it once it does. In return, he's shipping 100 kg of plutonium alongside it. That's not a lot, and we don't need it, but there's no reason to decline. I mean, what could possibly go wrong with helping an eccentric German scientist build an off-planet supercomputer?

Before we say goodbye to Horst, there's something else we can ask him:

:greatjob: Do you have any exploratory missions for me?

to00001u6khe.png

And not only that:

:greatjob: Is there research you can share?

to0000237krt.png

We can finally spend our not-so-hard earned spacebucks on something worthwhile. These research thingies improve the rover's performance, improve the polymer crackers, and improve the RTG, respectively. We'll take the lot. With these, we'll be making polymers and Watts even further in excess of what we need. Why not.

At the end of the conversation, we get to level up. I make an executive decision to go for more Construction, because as it turns out, we build a lot of things on Titan Outpost, and it'd be nice to speed up the process. We also get a fresh perk:

titanoutpost2020-12-0mtjnr.png

These are pretty boring, with the exception of NiHao. Could've also gone with Doctor, which is the only other available perk that's not just a bonus to something we already have. But I'd rather talk to Chinese people.

trumpxiqvkin.png

Them's the breaks, folks.

Let's also take a brief look at our electricity situation.

to000048jj1j.png

Remember when I said juggling power would be a constant concern? Turns out I was spectacularly wrong.

Now, back to the action. We head out to the rover for Horst's exploration mission, which turns out to be so unremarkable that there aren't even any screenshots from it. On our way back:

to000058ojc2.png

Back at base, we call Horst for technical assistance. He explains what we need to do, but before we let him go, we ask for more exploration missions. I forget what the payment was for this one, because whatever it was, we've got more than we need already.

to00008z8jip.png

"Peculiar radio signal", huh? Maybe we're finally getting something good out of one of these missions.

Outside the base, the Nexus isn't hard to find.

to00010b6jgy.png

to00011zpjsr.png

Using our Hacking skill on it activates the egg.

to00012pxjs4.png

to00013rajs6.png

And with that, the computer is activated.

to000155njkc.png

We bring our plutonium payment inside and process it for a minuscule boost in power which we don't need. And for good measure:

to00016gvjc2.png

Okay. Back to Horst.

to00017hbjlt.png

Hey, what? You've altered the deal, mister! Who does that?

:greatjob: Nodes in the basement? Look, I can't shift our entire operation to cater to your needs.
germanbpke0.png
Don't worry, don't worry, all in due time. Take your time to increase the generator's capacity. I'm just so excited! We might even be able to break the zettaflop barrier.
:greatjob: The what?
germanbpke0.png
Zettaflop! A sextillion calculations per second. It's the next milestone in computation.
:greatjob: [Hacking] Oh, I knew that. It must be your accent.

Apparently, Hacking is the skill that allows us to come up with unconvincing excuses.

to00018jajct.png

:greatjob: Understood. I'll get to it.

Not only have we now helped Volkswagen set up a supercomputer on Titan, we can also build a remote server cluster for them, on Titan. For no reason.

Eh, might as well. At least we get to work towards some sort of purpose.

Now, one thing I've been neglecting to mention so far is research. You might remember the friendly neighbourhood cryovolcano, which we almost killed ourselves attempting to scale a few updates ago. Examining it led to a new research opportunity, which we've since taken the time to complete.

It showed that the liquid which formed the cool ice sculpture was in fact ammonia. That doesn't help us in the slightest, but it is interesting enough that we can keep researching it, which is exactly what we'll do:

titanoutpost2020-12-09kk3w.png

No idea what this'll lead to either, but what the hell. I can't emphasize enough just how little there is to do at this stage.

And with that taken care of, there's nothing to do but wait for the next shipment. We could go for Horst's second exploration mission, but it's literally as far away from us as it could possibly be while still being on Titan, and we'd never make it back in time to be on standby when the next freighter arrives, which I'd like to be in case something happens.

A day or so later...

to00021hbkil.png

to00023kzjsa.png

As you can see, a bit of methane is set apart for our contractor as planned, although the amount is much less than the settled-upon maximum of 10%, since Karen only agreed to 10 tons. The amount of methane the IASA wants from us goes up with each new shipment, so we'll need to siphon off a lot more than that next time to make this business worthwhile.

For now, let's talk to Mr Plasticine about getting paid:

to00027ujjgr.png

This also opens up another opportunity for us to spend our cash.

:greatjob: Let's see what you've got.

to000282zjz6.png

We get some polymers and minerals. Those things come in handy, no question about it, but there are a few issues here. When we bribed Karen, we had to spend something in the vicinity of 800 spacebucks. We spent all that to reserve 10 tons of methane, which netted us 100 spacebucks in return. That's not exactly a great deal. And what's more, if we want Karen to cook the books again, we'll have to bribe her a second time.

This is clearly not a profitable enterprise. We need to look for a more reliable solution.

And as it happens, there is one option that we haven't explored yet:

to00025e8jyo.png

:greatjob: Can you help me with something?
ipmsyjjak.png
What is it you need?
:greatjob: I need to manipulate the space elevator throughput data before we send it to Mission Control.

Naturally, IPMS refuses.

to0002659j15.png

But hold on, what's this? A Hacking prompt?

ipmsyjjak.png
Reloading user data. Authorization pending.
:greatjob: I need to manipulate the space elevator throughput data before we send it to Mission Control.
ipmsyjjak.png
Very well. You can now reserve methane on the Outpost inventory tab.
:greatjob: <<Disconnect.>>

That's more like it.

In related news, we get another pay raise for our great performance:

to000246bjde.png

That's it for interaction with the freighter. No new comms channel opens up -- this time, the ship is apparently unmanned.

Which means: guess what?

If you guessed that we lounge about and do nothing, you get a raise for great performance. After a few days, our volcanic tap research is complete:

to00030hpjjs.png

More crap that we don't need. Excellent. As you can see, we go for another rover upgrade next, in preparation for checking out Horst's mysterious radio signal. We also start constructing a computer room for his supercomputer. Here's a Titan Outpost Top Tip for you: if you need someone to do you an expensive and time-consuming favour, the best way to go about it is to simply identify a person with nothing better to do, and ask him nicely.

Next time, we'll put our kitted-out rover to good use, as we head to the dark side of the moon. Until then, happy new year.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom