Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's go to the Moon and do the other things (Kerbal Space)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
132812394784.jpg

Oesophagus

Arcane
After the resounding success of the Kiranians' first forays into space exploration, a second mission was inevitable. Thus a second rocket was built, majestically named:

wYK3d.jpg

It had many upgrades over the previous prototype, most importantly boosters (because more power = better performance) and a rhumba vacuum cleaner repurposed as a guidance system (which also made the KUN officials bugger off with their nosy inspectors). The mission this time was to orbit the moon, demonstrating superb Kiranian science.

Launch:

Se3iZ.jpg

CYJuY.jpg

boosters decouple:

MvAbl.jpg

First stage engines:

qZAX5.jpg

all going smooth :thumbsup:

SnGCv.jpg

The rocket gets a bit of a tilt on one side, but that's actually a good thing, since I want to achieve an orbit in that direction. So, uh, yeah, we ment that.

First stage decouples without incident.

EatDW.jpg

JMscW.jpg

1XzWM.jpg

Now what's this? Surely if we want to send our brave Kerbals to the moon, we're going the wrong way!

But the moon mission was all a clever ploy to fool the International community! Our goals were wery different from the beginning!

6a00d83451bc4a69e20115708f3d69970b-pi

So what, you might ask, is your goal? Well, obviously:

vUurx.jpg

That's right! We know about your secrets, Kamericans! We know that the Sun is where you keep your Jewgold! that's why it's so shiny! Our president had a dream about it! And about other things, but nvm...

angry-obama.jpg

Tough luck, Kenya boy

So, we accelerate along out orbit. If my calculations are correct (and there's no reason why they should be), our apogee should be somewhere near the sun

Ljx4p.jpg

4dnK8.jpg

I was genuinely surprised that this worked.

Anyway:
Leaving Kearth (probably for good, but that's what you get for listening to crackpot dictators)

HbvKH.jpg

... and we get caught by the sun's gravity

RqpfS.jpg

second stage decoupled

gKJMS.jpg

Now, we want to get a good look at the sun (to see where the most jewgold is), and for that reason we need to decrease our perihelion. So we accelerate against our lateral velocity vector:

3u31j.jpg

and...

IwkEA.jpg

At this point I decided, that this distance from the sun is enough, and I may even be able to bring our brave boys back home. The latter point, however is purely optional.

Travelling at these distances takes fucking ages. Between the previous pic and the next one, I managed to go for a sandwich and a fag. At 10000x speed increase

yvLAO.jpg

Nearing the perihelion...

8nrJS.jpg

The sun at this distance:

EjK3d.jpg

Can't make out any jewgolds from so far away. But we know it's definitely there. Oh yes we do.

Two things happened next:

1. We reached our apohelion, with Kearth almost half a kerbal year away (opposite the sun)
2. I decided that I'm not even going to try to save these guys (because it would take ages, if at all possible with my remaining fuel), instead giving them the glorious opportunity to sacrifice their lives in pursuit of knowledge and jewgold. But mostly jewgold.

C8AN5.jpg

So, while at apohelion, we use our remaining fuel for the tiny engine (which btw is the only part that's left over from the previous rocket), and when that ran out, we use the capsule engine - a custom part that came in a whole capsule set, basically a small engine only really useful for landing on the moon, or decelerating in orbit. The fuel lasts for like half a minute on full throttle. But it looks pretty cool:

sHekN.jpg

The effects of all this decelerating?

N7muE.jpg

Here we go!

ZGNLL.jpg

dbw0d.jpg

DPXXb.jpg
rkjkz.jpg

My god! The jewgolds! They're blinding!

And that's not even at perihelion:

s7wqk.jpg

perihelion:

UJCMb.jpg

20suns-600.jpg

Note the velocity...

T3E6j.jpg

sjff_01_img0509.jpg

and we're past the perihelion...

pThlE.jpg

I was surprised here (and somewhat disappointed), because as I checked my orbit, the sun seemed to be decreasing it as the capsule was at perihelion, so i thought for a second that the capsule was going to be drawn into the sun. Well, maybe we need to go deeper. Or closer. That is a job for another mission. As for the brave crew of this one?

Well...

b4L6H.jpg

Total Mission Time: 87 days, 13 hours, 6 mins, 27 secs.

Surprised Jebediah didn't eat the two other guys...

Anyway, there they are, slowly spiraling into the sun on an increasingly eccentric orbit.

Spacemen who left the crucible of Kerbin and are now unbound.

We salute you, spacemen! :salute:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
bump >> mission status update incoming.

Also, a million pardons to Burning Bridges for hijacking his LP, but it's his damn fault for introducing KSP to me, thus forcing me to spend two days playing it non stop. So there

Please check you PM. Your ballistic / orbital rocket was actually very good looking, I give it 9/10, the second one I like less.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Well, ballistic missile is a fair description of the failed rockets before the one that actually got to the sun

Oesophagus

Arcane
I ACCIDENTALLY THE NUCLEAR WEAPON

The road to space is long and difficult.

Some less shining examples of Kiranian technology:

pr3k0.jpg

tIUiY.jpg

ynphL.jpg

I think we just declared war on somebody

EvCb3.jpg

Better call the president...

Rujro.jpg

When Kiranians try to be inventive:

kWpo9.jpg

OnIpD.jpg

Hey, it's working

BvrCA.jpg

Oh

Gz9mh.jpg

s4PIc.jpg

Capitalists send their words of encouragement:

jVN9G.jpg

Burning Bridges

RONALD-REAGAN.jpg
images
korolev_for_web.jpg

Representatives of major space agencies agree on joint memorandum against sending astronauts on martyr missions.

"Nuts. The american taxpayer would demand my balls for this." Konald Reagan

"We wouldn't do that. This is not scientific." Korst Schindler

"Our idea was always for make return of human pilot." Spermatov Alexei

Cassidy

Arcane
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Someone should mod it in this game.

Burning Bridges

congo_news_presenter.jpg

A look at the congolese sky

For a much awaited event, Congo has today launched her fourth rocket.

After 3 weeks of research, Congolese scientists completed their prototype POPO-SPHERE 6.

KSP 2012-03-06 08-00-19-20.jpg

KSP 2012-03-06 08-00-40-81.jpg

It eventually flew in the air for 2 minutes and reached an altitude of 825m.

While it was not possible to control the rocket, it demonstrated its ability to fly, making the launch a major success.

A good amount of personalities wanted to assist at the much awaited event.

group.jpg

The countdown was getting endless, so it was decided to set it off prematurely.

KSP 2012-03-06 07-31-31-37.jpg

Unfortunately, POPO-SPHERE did not go in the right direction.

KSP 2012-03-06 07-31-46-20.jpg

For over 2 minutes the brave spaceship struggled for a vertical trajectory, until fuel ran out.

KSP 2012-03-06 07-45-36-35.jpg

In the resulting chaos one couldn't see anything.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Unbenannt-2.jpg

KSP 2012-03-06 07-46-15-59.jpg

Burning Bridges

The Dream is alive

Heavier, taller and more powerful .. There are plans for a stronger variant, which will theoretically be able to reach over 10km, and be completely under control!

KSP 2012-03-06 07-43-44-12.jpg

With these coming rockets we are going to send animals into space. A chicken will be the first "being" launched into space, and in the next phase we will send a goat.

As you can see, the future of the Congolese Space Program is bright.

KSP 2012-03-06 07-47-39-01.jpg

Fly Eagle, fly!

KSP 2012-03-06 07-47-53-64.jpg
[/IMG][/URL]

Burning Bridges

congo_news_presenter.jpg

POPO-SPHERE 7!

Breaking news:

Kinshasa Institute of Technology hereby announces, that their much awaited new rocket has reached over 9.000m!

What a great day for all of Congo.

KSP 2012-03-06 15-36-31-62.jpg

This rocket can now control it's attitude to some extent.

KSP 2012-03-06 15-36-52-43.jpg

After ca 1:00 the rocket breaks through the 9 kilometer barrier.

At this amazing height, one can already see the blackness of space.

KSP 2012-03-06 15-37-38-82.jpg

Unfortunately, the spacecraft could not accelerate forever.

KSP 2012-03-06 15-38-46-50.jpg

Attempts to fly the rocket like an airplane were also unsuccessful.

KSP 2012-03-06 15-38-49-32.jpg

But this mission was declared a success.

KSP 2012-03-06 15-38-51-10.jpg

The spacecraft made a hard impact, but many parts were still found to be in useable state.

KSP 2012-03-06 15-39-02-29.jpg

What a triumph for the Congolese Space Program. After some initial setbacks, Congo has now truly become one of the spacefaring nations.

But it will need a substantial amount of money (5.000$) to build a more powerful first stage and a parachute. Our beloved president has already donated 1 of his years salaries, but much more must come forth from the People of Congo and international investors.

Burning Bridges

Clipboard01.jpg

POPO-SHERE 8?

This is what the future of the Congolese Space Program could look like.

But we still need money to pay for the booster. So far only few donations have been received. Please don't let it die.

Please always use Western Union for money transfer.

KSP 2012-03-07 14-55-29-68.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom