Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Ironman Wasteland 2 on Supreme Jerk!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ladies and Gentlemen-transitioning-into ladies, I give you:

rWryfmy.png

:happytrollboy:

One of the Kodex Kickstarter Kontributions, we all got together as a community to d a great fundraiser for this game. It seems perplexing then, that we do not have an official Wasteland 2 Let's Play. Well, the wait is over. I am going to make one for us.

But not just that. To illustrate just how good I am at turn-based game, we'll kick the whole thing up a notch. You think MicoSelva is hardcore for doing Baldur's Gate series on solo/insane? Well, I will be playing Wasteland 2 on Solo + Supreme Jerk + Ironman!

:incline:

Right, let's get on with the game in earnest.
JdsdMD2.jpg

You can have up to 4 custom-made rangers in your party on th eoutset. you can have additional party members join you on the way when you meet them. But we're manly men, so we'll be going solo.
AD4UmGY.jpg

Some of you may be a bit puzzled at my initial points distribution. I've crunched the numbers though. It's important that we can handle multiple weapons, since we're going to be pulling ur weight on our own. for this reason, I went with knives and guns. Attributes are chosen to maximize the number of Action Points we get in combat. More action points = more damage output. and we'll need that. The Codex is a bit crippled in terms of secondary skills at the moment, but generous helpings of solo XP will help with that. It narrows your options early on, but it's th eonly way to become the lategame beast the Codex is meant to be.
M3ybGE3.jpg

Finally if you're into larping, you can set some flavour for your bros here. The only option that has a mechanical effect in the game is deciding whether you smoke or not. That will give you a party of cigarettes which we will need to bypass a tough encounter later on. Behold the Codex in all his glory. I imagine an angry, drunken russian will be an accurate portrayal of my reactions to this game goign forward.
knBD3Jb.jpg

finally, we set our difficulty. Real men play on Supreme Jerk, and so do I! :smug:
CAew6XZ.jpg

Intro movie for those who haven't seen it. I'll see the rest of you after the break

------------------Break------------------------

JTrOnJa.jpg

CtHzYJx.jpg

wHxJuqV.jpg

6ujgDai.jpg

9jNU3Dg.jpg

Lotsa infodump. for now, let's just get the tutorial underway. The writing isn't bad, but it can get a bit loredumpy. We'll have a proper talk with Vargas later.

First thing the Codex notices is a shovel. They're not much use a a melee weapon, but they have other uses.
r0oLf6Q.jpg

for weaponry, we have this crummy rifle at the start. Priority #1 is to get this thing upgraded.
UBGzqpq.jpg

Shovels can be used to dig up treasures hidden in the ground. Let's check out the mound next to the Codex.
kHcxZJh.jpg

Uh-oh, failed a stealth check. Vargas is not happy about us digging up the grave of his friend. Good thing about Wasteland is that you can roll again if you fail a check.
FAhhd8c.jpg

Oops. To make matters worse, we also fumble our initiative check!
xCkCeCr.jpg

And he crits us. Typical.
ayhVsjm.jpg

4hZ7fWW.jpg

And so ends my Ironman run of Wasteland 2. I feel like I have shown you most of wha tthe game offers, so I am comfortable ending the Let's Play here. I hope everyone has enjoyed it. Thank you and good night.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice! Looking forward to the second epi- Oh, wait.

This is why I never even try ironman. If I played Baldur's Gate like this The Codex's adventure would have ended right outside Candlekeep, when tutu decided to throw dire wolves against him.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
:discohitler::bravo:
Tis was intense man. I didn't expected this. I have no Oscars to give you but I have some waffles that I crunch'n'munch for your adventure, that surely will fly in the taverns for long time.

Black

Arcane
Wouldn't it be better to wait for the patch that's gonna add stuff that they talked about and try again?
Maybe it'll go better this time.

Black

Arcane
Anyway, good effort, since unlike casual games like bladders gates, you don't gain any more exp in WL2 if you go solo so you definitely had it harder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom