Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Kayerts

Arcane
Oh boy, that means we're going to do something that will benefit all mankind, just like the Greek titan!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You didn't really foreshadow her blankness that clearly root.

Anyway, it's 2. Lets try to not die.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
No, I trust the private's gut feeling, and I would much prefer to be stationed in spehs along with most of my brothers in arms :salute:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, dear fellows, I can't help but notice that you are all strangely eager to get back to the planet where you just died along with the vast majority of your expeditionary force. Oh, and let's not forget the great unclean ones.

Something sinister is going on.

YES INDEED

oscar

Arcane
Fuck attrition deaths man. Let's just have a straight up blitzkrieg campaign against some orks or some shit.

Kayerts

Arcane
I was thinking of the movie

Oh good, that means we're going to light aflame a terrible bio-weapons base that otherwise would be used to destroy Terra! Everybody vote 1!

o this reminds me, here's another tidbit of knolijj)

Johanna was a blank. That's why everybody hated her with only kind of vague reasons (she was never directly hostile towards you, you just perceived it that way) and why she got thrown out of the SoB. also why you could have survived going into the hivecity

Heh. Our supplied reasons for thinking she hated us did seem weak; at the time, I thought you were just tapping into the collective self-flagellation that these games inspire in us. ("Arrgh you dogfuckers voted to say 'hi' instead of 'hello,' now we are dooooomed.")

Also, Kayerts, Holt != Johanna.

FFS.

Yes but there was this: " And I hear there’s a lady commissar down there too, fit as a bird, they say." Probably just rumor, though.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Our choice is between probably dying soon after arrival and being screwed over by Holm for refusing to volunteer. Unless Holm sends us on a suicide mission if we somehow survive volunteering because we're the best men for the job. It is totally impossible to avoid getting into deep shit as an Imperial Guardsman in the 41st millennium.

1) Yes.

Better than risking being on Holm's "suicide mission volunteer" list and hopefully surviving this will open up some choices.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Hmmm.... we have a choice
1) Certain death
2) Relative safety

Hurr, lets go with 1.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Bros, read the conversation of the Lord General and his bros once again. Carefully.

After that, assess the chances of survival of our new character.

Renegen

Arcane

The way I see it we don't know what we're dealing with, coming from both the chain of command and the xenos. If we act as cowards and we are punished, we can always be reckless later on, but if we act reckless now, it may be all over given how uninformed we are of the dangers.

Gondolin

Arcane
So, if we go down to the planet, we will very likely be killed by:

a) xenos;
b) chaos;
c) the weather;
d) any combination of the above.

Should we somehow survive, we will be killed by the Inquisition anyway.

Voting 2 for sanity.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
2), and hope the Exterminatus will be ordered before it's our turn to be infested by Papa Nurgle's chest busters in punishment for rejecting space jockey Horus

Zwist

Learned
2)
This is only the *first* crew to go down. So we are going to end up there eventually. I'd rather have have some guardsman corpses as cover instead of being the cover.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Guys, you're not getting into the spirit of being Imperial Guard.

Let me make this abundantly clear:

You are going to die.

The average lifespan of an IG once he sees combat is about 15 hours. You may extend it a bit, or even a lot if you're absurdly lucky, but you are going to die horribly.
Once you accept this fact it then follows that the purpose of this little circlejerk is not trying to survive until some arbitrary endgame state. It is to go out there and be as goddamn manly as possible, making Astartes weep manly tears for your awesomeness before dying in a highly entertaining manner.

So ask yourself this: Would you rather read about a glorious clusterfuck of a recon mission or about how to keep your lasrifle cleaned in a cramped cargo hold for several months?

GreyViper

Prophet
1)

I say lets get this over fast, because luck being how it is, something will happen to the ship and Id rather go fully equipped.

Would be nice if meltagun or flamer would be available.*rolls 6 in loot table*

By the way what are the chances to see the lady Commissar again and to see BANEBLADE in action.
397px-ImpSoldat.jpg

Zwist

Learned
So ask yourself this: Would you rather read about a glorious clusterfuck of a recon mission or about how to keep your lasrifle cleaned in a cramped cargo hold for several months?

Lets get intimate with our lasrifle. We like our Rifle.

Esquilax

Arcane
So, if we go down to the planet, we will very likely be killed by:

a) xenos;
b) chaos;
c) the weather;
d) any combination of the above.

Should we somehow survive, we will be killed by the Inquisition anyway.

So, basically, what you're telling me is that, as an Imperial Guardsman, we are very likely to die from pretty much anything. This isn't very surprising.

1) is the :bro: thing to do. So let's do it.

Flopping to 2) NO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom